Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi im trying to upload a video (embedded) but the full screen appears in the reply box and instructor only wants the link how do I fix/change this? thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do you set the default editing tool to "Textbox" instead of the "Pointer" tool?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor at UNC Wilmington.I realize I am making a mistake here -- one of omission or commission.  Or perhaps I am fundamentally misunderstanding the terms that Canvas is using.I use SpeedGrader to grade written assignments, along with quiz...

• 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am new to canvas. I was able to enter a total points via a rubric in Speedgrader for each of my students, however, I am not seeing the points transfer over to the Gradebook. Am I missing something, or do I need to change out of student view?  Is it...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can Demonstrators see students' grades?Can Student Interns see students' grades?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a recently trans male student, but I have a problem. I want to give myself a nickname on canvas, but I want to find a way to do it without telling my parents. I haven't told them I'm using a new name yet, and I'm not ready yet. If anyone has a qu...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi EveryoneI am setting up a rubic for a new programme - I have set it up and tested it - but I have 2 issues:1) After grading the paper and adding my comments to the rubic how do I print this?2) We are a system of 2 markers - how is the graded pape...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. My question. I created a 3 part module in the form theory-problem-1, theory-problem-2, theory-problem-3. How can I deny access to part 2 if the test in part 1 fails, access to part 3 if the test in part 2 fails? Kg Thank you for your reply.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,My Canvas course is linked to my iClicker class.  iClicker Tech support (Macmillan) was working with a student on their individual profile and, without asking me, pushed a global sync of all past quiz grades for all students in the course...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I'm WGHGP Weliketiya(2313015). My canvas is not working. My subjectsare not showing on the canvas(Not all subjects only 5CS031-NetworkSecurity). Please find the attachment and help me to fix this. This isvery urgent.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a teaching assistant, and the professor I'm working for has asked me to replace some questions in the final exam that had a correct response rate of over 95%. The problem is that I don't know how to find the statistics of the old version of the q...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been supporting Canvas at University of Wisconsin-Madison for the past five years.I think I am missing something, and I can't find the right language to look it up in the Canvas guides. My root question is: Are there specific actions within a Ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I have run into a problem when trying to manually add the redirect App to a course navigation bar. I've not had this issue in the past and a bit stumped as to the reason why I'm running into this error now.Any guidance would be appreciated.Thanks....

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way we can get the gradebook to average grades on certain columns and not include others until the end of the semester?For instance we give 3 exams (2 are weighted the same and the other is different) and the students must have an average ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure if this is a bug but the incorrect quiz answer message doesn't appear if you have at least one correct answer (but not all correct answers) for a "select all that are correct" type of question. I can only get the "wrong answer comment" to ap...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can our institution participate in the beta feature of Canvas Virtual Assistant? When will the actual product be available?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Canvas Gradebook was loading fine for me at about 4PM yesterday but by about 6PM it would not load. The frame was blank (I could see content start to load but quickly disappear) with the exception of the keyboard shortcut icon, which was non-resp...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am supposed to submit 6 individual paragraphs for one assignment. My instructor said I would have 6 submissions. I am not sure how to do that without "re-submitting" my assignment! PLEASE HELP!! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

[second time posting this since my first message was inexplicably flagged as spam — let’s try again]Recently, I’ve stopped receiving email notifications when a student uses the Canvas Inbox to message me. I haven’t made any changes to my notification...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to this program; so, how do I magnify what I am reading? Damaris Mills

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Reaching out about opportunities to scale canvas. My company has a project where we will be enrolling many more students than our previous project with Canvas. Any insight into scaling as an ADM or INSTRUCTOR for learning pathways, analytics, enrolli...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will I still be able to access my course material, after I am no longer enrolled as an active student at the school I am currently attending? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can CANVAS automatically conclude student after the section end day??If not, I don't mind to do it manually but is there have any way to do more than 1 student at once ? Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once i publish an annoucement, it looks like a jumbled mess. Does anyone know how to fix this? Support hasn't provided anything useful yet.    

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Instructor here.First, the easy one: is there really NO way to style Inbox messages? Really? Second: Canvas has stopped sending email notifications when a student uses the Inbox to contact me. I’m not sure if this just happened or if it’s been true f...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are using PowerSchool as our SIS and connected with Canvas LMS.  We have a teacher who resigned  on 2/3 and a new teacher started on 2/4. How do you handle this change in Canvas?  If the teacher who left remains active in PS (but cannot log in), t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I am teaching a course that allows students three unexcused absences. After the third absence, they lose 5% of their overall grade for each additional unexcused absence. Meaning four unexcused absences would result in a loss of 5% overall, fiv...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,I am helping an instructor who is teaching a course where group sets are attached to multiple discussion board assignments, with the exception of one board. When she goes into Speedgrader to grade the discussions on the board that has no group ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies