Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Try to get a list of submissions by calling the API, but it gave 403  "user not authorized to perform that action".  Any ideas?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Saw somebody using a what seemed like chromium browser within their chrome browser on canvas.instructure.ga wondering how to get there

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anybody know if Canvas ingests ClassLink Role Type 'Aide' or 'Proctor'? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to analyze my quiz statistics, but many students are missing from the report. In fact, entire sections do not have quiz statistics for their completed quizzes. Out of 150 students, only 15 students have not submitted their quiz. Out of 13...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can Canvas read quizzes with drop-downs with an Immersive Reader activated?  If not, how can instructors develop quizzes that are accessible with Immersive Reader?  Other text readers such as Kurzweil are unable to read these dropdowns either.  Does ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working as a Canvas LMS representative at Korea University. My question is, when I disable the main menu of the LMS, is it possible to make it invisible to professors as it is invisible to students? And if the professor activates it again in the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i am still unable to add the students to my course. My roll has been changed from teacher to course designer.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a new user to Canvas and have been developing a course which will be used by multiple instructors. I need to set up different course sections for those different instructors so that they only see the student grades for that section. How do I do ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying to log in to my canvas account and no matter how many times I reset my password I cannot log in to my canvas for my course.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a teacher with Memphis Shelby County School. I have a relatively new student who's Digital Citizenship does not appear on his Canvass page. He still needs to take the course. How can he be added?   Thank you, Margaret Gray

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to find out all the times a student downloads a particular file.User Detail/Access Report only return the number of downloads and the latest time stamp.Is there a way to get a log of ALL the times the same file was downloaded?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, i couldn't log in to my team in Medsurge 1 in my phone. for psych its just there. is there a way i can have a code to add it in my phone. thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

a public and typically formal statement about a fact, occurrence, or intention."the spokesperson was about to make a announcements

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI! As an instructor I grade assignments as they are submitted and before they are due. How do I prevent the loss of all my comments for grading when a student decides to resubmit the assignment before the due date? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor who is getting {"errors":[{"message":"Invalid authorization header"}]} 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am an instructor currently using Canvas for our courses. Is there a way to request a font (BIZ UDMincho) to be able to be used in Canvas.  This font will help show Japanese characters in handwritten form instead of computer font form, which m...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to access study materials, but get this message:We're sorry, but something went wrong.If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.Can anybody advise on a solution?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey Community.I was wondering if there is an option with new quizzes on canvas where you can add multiple hots spot to one question.For example, I include an extract from a novel and want my students to identify wrong spelling, verbs, full stops etc.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there. How do I move a student from one group set to another? Thanks, Kim

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have three groups of Microecon courses and each chapter I allow 3 attempts at a quiz with the same 20 questions.  I have found students passing the answers by cell phone to the other sections (these are dual credit students, 11th graders in high sc...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For Fill in the Blank questions (New Quiz) with multiple correct answers...I am a teacher and I have built a new quiz. I wanted a fill in the blank answer choice, but I do not need them to be in a specific order. Does the program require that the ord...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to cross off or get rid of assignments on the calendar that I have completed? I go by the order of assignments on my calendar and like to see them crossed off when I do them, but some never get crossed off after finishing and submittin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Could someone please help with this conundrum? I want members of the same group to peer review each other's work. Each member of the group should be able to see the assignment submissions of the other members of the same group and choose who they wou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just now I was testing pulling a Savvas online quiz into Canvas with the external tool and Savvas integration. Both times, it pulled a doc quiz instead of the online quiz. I verified that the online one was listed second in Realize but it's still pul...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello fellow Canvas users!Last week, instructors contacted me because they started receiving an error when switching between discussion groups. Here's a screenshot demonstrating an example. Let's say I wish to change from 4204/5204 Group 1 to 4204/52...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just discovered the log of student activity attached to quizzes that lets me see them typing their essay answers. With it, I discovered a student who pasted an answer from Quizlet, then retyped it with with a few changes. I would like to search for...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have migrated a fairly big course and would like to know how many pages it contains. Apart from counting 1 by 1, is there a setting which tells you how many pages your course has? I can see how many files, how many students, etcAlso, is there a lim...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We had announced one year out that Canvas was coming, but are getting push-back. I'm wondering if any schools could share how they may have rolled out a limited implementation of Canvas. We could limit to specific grade levels, but I think that would...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone, John here, Canvas admin at a school in Sydney, Australia.We use Blueprint courses.I know students can turn off email announcements, but leaving that aside (because the students I have used as a test group, email notifications are enabled...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies