Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am an instructor. Our district has a policy that states that no grade can be lower than 50%, regardless of whether the student did the assignment or not. While I am using the feature that automatically applies a minimum score for missing assignment...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I recently signed up for a Scarlett Canvas Course for Licensure Reviews for Social Workers and I need a receipt for my company. How do I go about getting this? I have looked everywhere and I can't find an actual receipt for the $175 purchase. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the Canvas API to retrieve enrollment information. I'm specifically interested in a student's enrollment status for a given point in time (i.e., on a given date, what was this student's enrollment state?). Is there a way to capture this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have set up 10 outcomes at the SubAccount level. The outcomes range from N=5 to N=7 where N is the number of times a student needs to receive a rating of mastery on the rubric to achieve mastery. I have added those outcomes to a Rubric. I have alig...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How  do i  submit  test  scripts  after  the light  go off  I  need help  urgently  .  Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to release the Accredible certificate only if the candidate has completed the assessment with a minimum passing score?Is it possible to generate a unique certificate id? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm attempting to bulk upload student submissions from another in-class learning system as a Canvas Assignment submission. My goal is to use the peer review process in Canvas to evaluate the submissions. I don't want the students to do their own uplo...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Each week I copy and paste a previous agenda onto the top of the same page (so I have one page with a running list of agendas.)  Often, I get an error message of "too_long" and the page will not save. After researching possible issues here in the Com...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,   I use a Canvas quiz to do spot-checks on lecture attendance, made available only during (some) class times.  It seems that all students get notified when I post the quiz, so some having been filling it out even though they're not present.   ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I want to use confetti without due dates being set. Is this possible?ThanksChris

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I dont have a zoom app on my Canvas Navigation or on my app list. How can I add? After I add the app is it going to work?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have noticed in the past month that the highlighter in speedgrader has gotten super sensitive. I try and highlight a sentence to provide an annotation and the whole paragraph highlights. I have tried starting the highlight from the front and from t...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am trying to figure out how to find the Canvas event for when an assignment is Reassigned. I have watch the SQS monitor for 15 minutes to make sure they weren't just delayed. Nothing showed up for that event. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The option to give a 0 grade used to be available in Assignments, Discussion Posts, but now students with no submissions do not show up in speed grader.  How do I fix this so students without submissions are included in speed grader?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas developers should add a confirmation button whenever a user clicks the cancel button while on a quiz or assignment creation screen. I just lost fifteen minutes of work because, in my haste, I accidentally clicked the cancel button instead ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple of students that have read aloud, is there any way to "turn on" voice activation?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the past, when a student resubmitted an assignment, the "Ungraded Submission" icon would appear in the grade book.  However, it is not appearing now.How do I fix this?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does a "T" on a student mark book mean?    

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LockDown Browser wont allow me to shut off my laptop naturally. A quick google search states that the issue is likely due to an "insufficient permission from a misconfigured local security policy" after deleting the LockDown Browser App I can now shu...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When students open the course, I want them to only see three (3) left-hand side menu options. Is that possible? If so, how is that done?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm seeing the filters on the left, but no longer the dropdowns that were extremely convenient. Do we now only have the option to use the filters and no longer can add the dropdowns on the top? If I can no longer have a simple dropdown at the top to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where to find groups discussion board 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are working on policies to help manage user accounts for our non-credit courses.  The licensing model for our non-credit courses is based on the number of users (not FTE).  Thus, we are trying to figure out efficient ways to ensure the users we ha...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an administrator. Is it possible to cross-list sections of a course which are from different sites in different time zones? How will this affect due dates? Or is it advisable to only cross-list among sections within the same time zone? Thank you...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm managing a continuing education (CE) course for school nurses, which awards 1.5 CE credit hours upon completion. However, in order to give them credit, we have to make sure they are actually spending at least 90 minutes on the course. That means:...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I see a specific student's attendance record?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking to connect with other IB schools, especially those offering the MYP. We are new to Canvas and having trouble figuring out best practice with Canvas learning mastery gradebook, outcomes in relation to the MYP grading requirements. rbaue...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to use Discussion as student and post work

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are classes converted for instructors or instructors mus convert them one by one?Dr. Borivoje-Boris Djokic, Ph.D. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a professor. Just in time for the end of the semester grading rush: every time I click on one of the assignments to be graded in my "to do" list, I get an "An Unexpected Error Occurred" message and the app crashes. I'm on a Samsung Tablet. I hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies