Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Trying to submit an essay to canvas.  It says to use Doc Docx file.  its already save as that but its saying it is not

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am testing assignments using an external tool called Noteflight and am finding that if a student submits their assignment, they are automatically getting an A (100 score). I would like the opportunity to manually grade the submission based on the q...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am running into a problem with individually assigning/group assigning an assignment and hoping someone could provide some insights.  Right now with many of our classes, we have groups of students who receive assignments/instruction that have modifi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a circumstance where a student has a justified reason for resubmitting an assignment that is limited to a single submission. It seems like I can edit the assignment to allow more than one submission, but that would affect everybody (even if th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you get back delated assignments once they got delated?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My followers cannot see the newly created assessment. How do I allow them to view and upload the assessment for their trackers?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to participate with other student and hoe to tackle questions.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We noticed when in a student view that the assessment instructions show above every question in the Quizzes.Is there some way we can hide the instructions after the student has started answering questions in the eQuiz?For some quizzes we want one que...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do i mention a suer in a classroom reply in discussions readily as a student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a free, not affiliated with any institution, account so I could make a website for a homework assignment and I need to make it visible to the evaluators so they can grade it. How do I do that? I have tried and keep being told to contact my ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can Canvas be accessed from any country in 2022? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally included a T/F quiz question on material we haven't covered yet. I set up the quiz to draw a certain number of items from a Quiz Bank, so not everyone got this question, so I don't want to just give everyone credit. Is there a way to m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, is there a way for the instructor to check the exact time whereby students submit their assignment to Canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i created a quiz but now decides to give it to students in the future. how do i remove it from this year's quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used Canvas for years, but suddenly the choose file button isn't bringing up the box for me to choose my file. I've tried on Chrome and Safari. The files are supported and not too large. When I click the choose file button, nothing happens. Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Instead of viewing each quiz log individually, is there a way to generate a report?  For example students who get above 40% with 3 or more times when the student left canvas during a quiz?  This would save so much time, so I don't need to look at eve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I go to take a ProctorFree exam what is supposed to happen? I get a message stating that the account is not found... I have access to the "take test" button, but can I take the test or do I have to do something with the ProctorFree thing as well...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,Our department is about to use Canvas and our school is in the blueprint - template creation phase. We are also a registered training organisation (RTO) currently delivery 10 certificate course and growing.We are wanting to have our students t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,I am trying to change the corresponding letter grade scale for each assignment. For example, according to canvas a 75/100 is a C, but according to our letter grade scale a 75/100 is a C+. This, therefore, influences the letter grades for highe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have created a Role with these permissions in Canvas:Announcements - viewConversations - send messages to individual course membersCourse Content - viewDiscussions - createDiscussions - postDiscussions - viewGrades - view all gradesItem Banks - ma...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I used to see a wide selection of trainings in the Training Service Portal, but they no longer appear.  Now the Learning Library shows just two items when I log in:  The TSP Tutorial, and Canvas Field Guide (screenshot attached). I'm an instructional...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where would i find notes posted by my instructor, college level

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have set Canvas to deduct 10 percent a day for each day an assignment is late.  Can I still require a student get a 10/10 on a quiz before they can move to the next quiz in the module (I am using sequential requirements within the module)? In other...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why does my password not accept when im trying to log in via a computor not my phone

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morningMy grandson Joshua Jay Ratcliff cannot access his OFFICE 365His assignment for INFORMATION TERCHNOLOGY is due at 16h00 today.  Please adviseThanking youE. Kotze

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a student. When the semester ends, my old classes usually disappear from my Canvas and are no longer accessible so I lose access to the class materials unless I've spent time downloading all of it.When I found out that there is a way to "...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there.I hope that someone with the API knowledge can help me with this one. I've built the parent portal where I'm showing the latest submission comments to parents. To fetch the comments I first grab the assignments, then for each assignment I fe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Me logueé en Cavas y no reconoció la contraseña que creé, solicité restablecer, pero no me llega el correo de recuperación al correo. Descpués de unos días volví a intentar con otro correo y tengo el mismo resultado 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! We use groups of assignments with specific weights for grading. Recently my Director instructed me to EX some of the assignments. No word on which ones. What happen if I EX all assignments of a specific group? For example, if there are 3 forum di...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies