Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi everybody,I wonder why students can edit and delete appointment groups that I've created. When I test my appointment group with a test account as a student, this test student can edit and even delete the whole appointment group.Actually I just wan...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am in a situation where a very large quantity of students in my course have changed status to "Inactive". I would like to change their status back to active, but I only seem to be able to this for one student at a time by clicking them one by on...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to have two quizzes that are timed.  The first one has 1 attempt and a maximum time of say 2 hours.  The second quiz will have 1 attempt and a maximum time allowed of 5 minutes. I want to start the the second quiz automatically for the student...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I book a meeting with my state manager on canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Compass allows multiple choice with weighted answers. Canvas only lets you have one right answer or several, but not weighted. This is a big loss. Can you please correct it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to rewrite, in New Quizzes, some formula questions that I've composed in Classic Quizzes.  The formula syntax I've used previously in Classic Quizzes all works fine except for the sort() function.  In Classic Quizzes the expressionnew...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I was checking some outputs and left for a while. When I returned to resume my checking in a new assignment tab, it only shows Test Student. All the submitted outputs won't show, but before clicking Speedgrader, it says there are submitted and gra...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can check on my assignments is correct? because I have two more try until the due date.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've completed my instructor bio but when I go in "student view", I don't see anywhere for student to access my bio. How do students view instructor bio? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In my production Canvas, I have a term and a course belonging to that term. I need to upload an SIS import for users and enrollments. I want to make sure the SIS import I upload does not affect any other parts of my production Canvas. I have a couple...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It appears that the correct answer is always first in a quiz.  Is there a way to reorder the possible answers?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, my previous student Reece Ing Chau Yeo is unable to join my new class, "Jin Gui Yao Lue: Formulae for Complex Diseases". He didn't receive the invitation email despite multiple attempts (not in junk mail), and whe he tries to join using the co...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am a non-matriculating student taking a graduate level course (term2 fall).  According to the syllabus, there will be many discussions in this course. How will I know when a comment has been posted? Do I need to do something in settings to ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,I'm a Canvas admin. I recently learned of the Scheduler appointment group feature. I have checked with my institution's CSM and verified that the feature is enabled in our instance. I would love to be able to tell our instructors that the...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a co-teacher on a lot of classes that I am not actually apart of. How do I leave the class so that these classes do not show up on my dashboard anymore?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructional designer creating a course that many instructors will be using. We have built a confidence level assessment for each student to take pre and post. Are students able to review and download their own survey results?My goal is for ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just noticed that New Analytics can be enabled in the course nav. I don't know when this happened, but I missed it so I searched for some more information. I don't find a really comprehensive guide except how instructors will use it. I have some qu...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a link for my class? Ada  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  I am on my third year of using canvas and I love it but there are some things I still don't know how to do.  When I grade my students, I like to pull them up from people and then transfer a load of grades at one time to take to our grade book wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi allSmall issue here.I am trying to print a previously used Quiz.No problem printing / saving to pdf the full quiz with answers.However when i attempt to print the blank quiz only the first question appears.all help welcome! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I would like to know if the assignments I have assigned can be accessed by a teacher teammate now so I can ensure the students are able to access and interact with any writing portions (the assignment is a google form/quiz) later.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally transferred a student out of a tracker, and when I go to add her back in it won't let me because it says her Student ID is already in use.  I can't figure out how to add her back.  Please advise.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Inserting images uploaded from my computer in a message shows up as a link in the message and not the actual image . Clicking on the link downloads it back on to my computer. How can I resolve this?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our teachers have discovered what appears to be an error in the weighted average for outcome calculations. We were expecting the "most recent" outcome to be selected according to the assignment due date but it appears to be ordering each students' ou...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Bom Dia. Estou precisando de um auxilio. Tive que excluir uma lista de alunos de um curso determinado. Iniciou a exclusão seria via planilha, mas como não deu certo, o que foi feito manualmente. Após o ajuste de registro de alunos, mais alunos foram ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ho creato dei gruppi, dal gruppo ho generato la pagina e assegnato come front page, ma non la visualizzo come home page. Come mai?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

a student who enrolled in the wrong course, took the quiz, then finished it. After realizing he was in the wrong course, he unenrolled from the wrong course and enrolled in the right course afterwards. Is there a way for the teacher to get that unen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After the Canvas update that added the external link icon, links that have the strong HTML tag do not display as bold. Here is the HTML code.<p><strong>Visit the <a href="https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Guides/ct-p/canvas_guides" target="_b...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I built a new quiz but there is no option to save it.When I go back to modules & open up the quiz, there is nothingwhen I go back to quizzes & click on it there, all the questions are still there

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies