Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was wondering how you delete a submitted assignment by a student.  The student submitted the assignment in the wrong place and I am unable to delete this assignment.Any answers????

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have done classes on this computer before using safari with no issues. For some reason now my dashboard will not load up so that I can click into my classes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my MAC when I log into to canvas, there is not a subject for "Courses" or for "Account" where those subjects are supposed to be it's just a blank space. So I am not able to access any of my classes that I am enrolled in 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor trying to set up a peer review assignment for 125 students. I accidentally set the original assignment to require 3 reviews and would like to change it so that students only have to complete 2 reviews. However, removing the peer rev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Summer and Spring zoom meetings are appearing on the calendar and students are confused. There are NO zoom sessions in my zoom tab for the incorrect dates. So I cannot delete them. I CAN delete each zoom session in the calendar but that would take fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The last couple of weeks, trying to show teachers how to use Student Annotation in Canvas, instead of using another PDF upload, I have noticed that if the students use the Free Draw Annotation, it is not saving and showing up in the Speedgrader, for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to figure out a way to hide the base Role types (ie. Teacher, Student, TA, Observer) from faculty when adding a user to their course. Has anyone else found a way to do this yet?Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I went to a school, CVTC, for 2 years before I transferred to another college. I signed out of the old CVTC account, where I no longer attend the school or have access to my canvas account. Now, when I go to the canvas app, it asks for my CVTC login,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The icons for my canvas classes are blinking and I cannot get into my classes. What can I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to add a student to my course, but I didn't see a "student role" on the drop down menu. What does "IS" stand for as a role?Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dropped students are still showing under "Current Enrollments" in mt course settings. Is there any way to delete them?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a blueprint course associated to about 50 other courses.  One of the teachers has edited their home page and now my blueprint syncs won't update his changed pages.  Is there anyway to force an update so even changes made to pages by teachers w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have had zero issues installing GradeCam Helper extension and using the GradeCam at our school.  However, I have one laptop that is giving a error that says:"Could not connect to Default Camera: OvercontrainedError -"In the extension install page it ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,Apologies if this is an amateur question. My university presently uses Canvas LMS for course/module management. In future, they're planning to move towards a more US system in which students from various faculties can select modules from other...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m trying to figure out how best use assignment groups. Many of our assignments have several parts individually graded out of 100.For example, an assignment group weighting is 60% with Part A worth 20% and Part B worth 40%. Both Part A and Part B ar...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I can’t edit my own post can I ask my instructor to do so?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a personal Mac Computer and Im trying to log into Canvas to work on a course for IPTM.  However, I am unable to launch Dashboard or view any of my course modules.  Im not sure if I have the needed software to run canvass.  Your assistance is g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,I have been teaching the same course for several years and I have quite a backlog of emails that I want to clear but at the moment I only seem able to 'Archive' them, which presumably just dumps them into one big folder. I would prefer it i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach middle school. As recently as August, I could add a rubric to my assignments. Now, the +Rubric button is no longer visible to me. First I searched the guides. Then, I looked at other methods that users suggested such as clicking the three dot...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello I have been trying to access Canvas dashboard for several days and it is no loading. Mobile works fine, but desktop does not

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to sync my grades for the first time this year.  The sync is from Canvas to PowerTeacher Pro. This is the error I am getting from the Grade Sync in Canvas. The section number listed in the error IS listed as the section ID for the course....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having troubles after logging into Canvas.  After logging in, the left-hand navigation menu that contains the Dashboard, Calendar, Inbox, and Help take up the entire width of the browser (ie they shrink/grow as I change the size of the browser)....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a submission portal for an assignment to be graded with Speed Grader?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a free teacher account and was randomly locked out today. I tried to get a link to reset my password, but the link was never sent. My account magically opened back up, but I can only log in under some random instructor email address that poppe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(I'm using Canvas in laptop) I don't know how to report a bug but I think I found a bug in file submission. I accidentally click the submit assignment button without attaching the file first, so canvas notified me that it can't pass an empty submissi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to create an assignment for my students to receive their own individual copies of a Google Jamboard. I have followed all of the directed steps: chose External Tools as the submission type; selected Find and chose Google Docs Cloud Assignm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using the range function in a Canvas Rubric, the points for the top or bottom of the range for that rating are the same as the top and bottom of the ratings on either side of it in the scale...Say 'Good' has a range from 40-60 points, 'Very Good...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i submit my vark questionare results by uploading a folder?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a syllabus? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,I have a page that I would like to copy across into modules for the new academic year. However, when I copy the page to a new module, some of the CSS styling is lost.I have attached screenshots illustrating the problem. The shot with green/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies