Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Having trouble figuring out to make Docviewer toolbar appear so I can edit text submissions

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm new to Canvas, but I'm having grade sync issues when trying to send grades over to our SIS system - Infinite Campus.  I have selected the grade sync to infinite campus option on the assignment, there is a due date, and I made sure to enable the p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wondering if anybody knows how i Register/access my online textbook? I purchased it and have the access code , just not really sure what is next as i dont see it posted anywhere on my canvas. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are constantly forgetting their passwords, and it seems the "forgot password" option takes forever to get sent to their emails. Is there an SSO option for students to login using their Google emails? Note: I am using the free version of C...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had a Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook for a year now and Canvas has always worked perfectly fine on it. Randomly, Canvas began to only show a blank screen and not load at all on my laptop, no matter what settings I try to fix, including clearing co...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For several years, we've had teachers create assignments worth 0 points that are used for course-level extra credit (rather than assignment extra credit). Recently, Canvas stopped syncing these assignments and I thought I found an article saying assi...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone,Now that Google Assignments has the ability to grade with SpeedGrader, we're fully on board and loving it.However, we're running into an issue where instructors attach 2+ documents for students so they each get a copy, they select Grade w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I opt out of the web books for the classes i have registered for.  I have already purchased them

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Possible to transfer quizzes made in Quizzes to question bank?  I know in question bank you can transfer or copy to another bank.Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, my canvas has not been working. I've tried everything but still have no luck accessing my classes, a blank white screen appears. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone use Grade Passback with Skyward Qmlativ?  We are trying to roll it out this year but continue to receive the same error message stating that our assignment categories/groups don't match between Qmlativ and Canvas.  We have checked everyth...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I cant make my appointment group public. As a teacher I have filled out the formular (See attached file: Screenshot_2) and clicked on the Make public button (Offentliggør) but all the timeslots are greyed out in my calendar (See attached file: Screen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make .csv files available in Canvas so they are able to be downloaded with Safari? I, and my students, seem to get a txt file with "unauthorized" when downloading .csv files with safari. Is there a way I can better make the file available fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When a student tries to access a teacher assigned Google Assignment (ie. Google Docs or Google Sheets) it says "You need access." The documents are shared with anyone that has the link so there should be no restrictions. When they click the Request a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I don't know how to update my profile 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, how can I set an email announcement/reminder to students to inform them they have been assigned to a course and reminders sent to their emails from canvas automatically if they have not finished their courses by the stipulated due date?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just got a new laptop and when I opened Canvas my modules tab was gone. How do I fix that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On some course page I would like to be able to autohide the course navigation menu. I would like the page to open with the nav menu hidden and the space it normally fills to disappear, allowing the main content area to expand all the way to the Globa...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, is there a way to turn off students ability to download documents we upload to assignments in the annotate function? Thanks! 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have infrastructure for 'Community Sites' - the merging of different units onto one site? Unit content is identical, however, identification is different as they belong to different courses. Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher, and love using Formative. In Formative, I set a task that a student might do over a whole week, at their own pace. I've attached a screenshot.It has these four features, and I am wondering if they exist within Canvas:I can see a summ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An instructor has copied/imported all contents of a past course into a new one. Their original gradebook had a late grade posting policy applied, whereby students who have not made a submission by the due date will receive a score of 0 automatically....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My team and I are tasked with updating Canvas shells with previously used course content. These shells already have student data/enrollments in them.This means that every semester, we must manually import data and update due dates to a large number o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

under "people" that have access to the the canvas page - i know how to change their status - ie from lecturer, to TA or student - but there seems to be more options in the list of people than there is in the dropdown menu when changing a persons stat...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Canvas accounts at two different universities. Is there any way to copy a course I teach at one university to the other university's Canvas site?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm a Canvas Admin for my college, and I'm looking for "pre-packaged" CSS code that could be uploaded into Canvas and used with styling headers and creating other course design features.  My team has discussed creating templates for courses an...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As teachers, we comment in the comment section of assignments, retakes, and if the task was altered to a modified form. We do not wish our students to see this but want the documentation all in one place. Can we hide comments from students without hi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas admin looking into setting up Learning Outcomes within a sub-account.  Is there a way to easily see which outcomes are used where?  The only reports I see are focused on student mastery.  Ideally, I would like to see the course and assi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies