Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I pasted some content into a canvas page, the new text was in a different font, now I can't figure out how to set it to the same font as the rest of the text that was already on the page.  It's not Lato.  Do I need to go through all 20+ fonts on a tr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason my canvas profile has me as a student but I need to be switched to a teacher, please help! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We've been experiencing issues with scorm files not copying over when a template course is copied. We've verified that the files exist in the templates. It doesn't happen every time or for every template. It seems to be hit or miss. It happens to dif...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In Speed-grader I used to see the yellow-orange dot (un-graded items) were lumped together at the top.  Now they are spread out through the whole roll.  Can I make the grouping happen again?  It is much faster!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am looking at an old quiz, I do not have the option of looking at it in SpeedGrader. Has this option been removed for old quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Across all my courses the Discussion and Announcement sections are blank. The only way I can go to one is if I go back through my email and find one I can click a link to a specific threaded response. I can go to that response, but not to the thread ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see all over the internet examples of teachers annotating student submissions in speed grader. In these speedgraders, you can clearly see options to draw and add text to student assignments. I have attached an image as an example.  However, in my s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have completed a course from last year and I do not have the option to conclude the course.  Is there a way you can look at it on your end and help me do this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The canvas discussion board is lacking function. It's hard to track conversations and see message threads. There are also no details of who the author is. Or not that you can see easily. If the person replying doesn't type their name, you have no ide...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a limit to how many canvas emails someone can send per second, minute, or hour? If there is, what is that limit?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher (and admin but this is for the teacher role) creating a course with quizzes, where do I turn OFF the notifications for students? I don't want the student to have to do anything as this is professional ed and so the students vary in kno...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi!I am trying to activate the Announcements ("Anslag" in my Swedish version) in a course, but despite them being in the list of menu points being visible to students, they show up with the crossed-over eye in the menu on the left. I attach a screens...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

My instructor said to look at our emails and canvas shell course . She had sent an email over the weekend. What is shell course? I recently took a summer class and did well with canvas. I didn't receive any email from her, until recently , but I had ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi All,I am new to canvas. I would like to add Google Colab to my course on canvas to run python. Looking for links or howtos and advice thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I paid for and completed a learning module for cultural competency for medical providers. I am unable to access the quiz for my certification. Please help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, we have a custom built SIS developed by a computer programmer on staff.  Currently, I manually check the SIS for roster changes every day (multiple times a day during the first month of each school year) for roster changes.  I then export the dat...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to have students grade assignments by other students and tally all the scores?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do we restrict a quiz to use a single session at a time? We often find students logging in simultaneously from different devices or even different geographical locations to solve quizzes (potentially collaboratively). Restricting the interaction ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We use a Canvas course titled "Master Calendar" to add all our school events so that it populates onto the student's personal Canvas Calendars. Events include dances, bell schedule, SAT exams, etc. It allows students to see their own course calendars...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-06-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone experienced this? In speedgrader, I am selecting Options and then Sort by the date the student submitted the assignment. Once I've sorted, I am routed into the first ungraded assignment in alphabetical order--NOT the oldest. If I click on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What happens to a course when it's blueprint course is deleted?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a report that will pull quiz statistics for a particular quiz over all sections. I know I can run the item analysis but I have to go into each section to pull the data. The student submissions report gives me a general idea but we need to kn...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an assignment in my course and attached a rubric with 3 outcomes. Another instructor wants to use the assignment in their class. We copied and moved the assignment to the respective class. The rubric and outcomes are still attached to the a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to run a report within Canvas that will allow a view of the performance of a question over multiple sections?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an Instructor wondering how I can access events that I have posted on the Calendar from Past Enrollment courses.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have two teachers that share the same course code.  So all the students are in one course, but the teachers do not want to share their lessons.  So when they assign the work, I have told them to make sure they only assign it to the classes.  Howev...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz in Canvas that used question blocks.  Now, when I go to add it to the Module, it does not appear in the pull down menu (list of Quizzes) under the Module.  I also cannot see any of the quizzes imported from Blackboard.Is there a way ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students see announcements before the course beginning date?  I want to send a "Welcome" note.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use Canvas with a group of students doing an internship. One of them let me know that she is having trouble logging in. She then informed me that the email she gave me to add her to the Canvas course is the same one she uses for her university wher...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try to add a calendar event to a student's personal canvas calendar (the calendar that is independent of courses), my api call returns saying it is unauthorized. Is there any permission I can request from my institution to be able to add event...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies