Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If a student emailed an assignment separately, how do I move that assignment to Canvas in order to grade and give the student credit for the assignment? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i would like to prevent a user from seeing any detail regarding other users in a course. I would like to be to release certain files and send emails to specific groups of users throughout the semester. However, I do not want the users to know that th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there,I am having trouble linking a course page to a button on the home page.  I go through the process of:1: editing home page to allow to link2: clicking on button and then select the link button and select course links.3: select page that want....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloI run workshops for students on behalf of a university organisation, and I have a searchable blog in Collaborate Ultra where I post information useful to the students. It's not related to assessment, and they are not expected to respond to the p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be much easier to navigate through so much information if there was a search bar at the top to take us right to where we need to go. Thank you in advance for your consideration of this request!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why have we lost the ability to link to course material in the New Quiz format? I want to be able to add, "Please check the assignment guidelines before you answer the questions in this quiz," along with a link to those guidelines. We're trying to ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I use a previous course for access to resources. I would like to update pages but the edit button is gone. I was able to edit pages last April, but now I am unable to make changes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELP! Today (July 28, 2022) I noticed the Outcomes interface is different. I can click on the outcome to edit or remove it, however, I can no longer click on the outcome to see the aligned items and artifacts. I need this info so I can do my SLO repo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just had my colleague create a new course shell for me, and I am trying to copy in content from last year's cohort for the same course. I have tried to import the content from the existing course a few times, but all I get is one Page from the exis...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I mistakenly put a video in the banner section. How do I move it to another section on the home page? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for collecting gradebook information for a full term. I know I could go to each course in the term and export the gradebooks from there and combine them, but was hoping there was an easier way. We use a block...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My county is (I am) using a Virtual Virginia outreach course as a base. Within the base VV course are over 100 exit slips with pre-set point values. To avoid student and parent confusion over the math conversion to a 100-point system prior to enterin...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all,   We have an issue with out how terms are setup going into our next year with Blackbaud as our SIS and Canvas as our LMS.   Our terms coming through as only fall and spring terms, individually and different classes for year long classes.  How...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there, I can not take IEP Exam, and my teacher told me to reach out to you.Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two canvas accounts in email. 1 is old and other 1 is new. The new i merged it to my old one and i can't log in it anymore because if i I signed in it the email and password then press log in, the old canvas that opens not the new one. what sh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is a way to create a "n/a" score option for a criterion in a Canvas Rubrics. I am attempting to create a rubric that can be used across various assignments, and there will be instances where some criterion is n/a. Is there an easier way than duplicat...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is no "add Email Address" icon on my settings page.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to research whether it's possible to create custom dashboard designs with dynamic content for students in Canvas. Some of the things we were hoping to include in the dashboard:Welcome message specific to the course the student is compl...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Como puedo lograr ver los módulos como adjunto en la foto y no en forma de lista.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a district administrator and I need to create a list of student pairing codes so that we are able to help parents create an account during our registration events.  I can only find how to do as a student or instructor.  Is it possible for an adm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to specify prefer_sis_email when using LTI 1.3?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I imported content from another canvas course, but specific files listed in the Modules have a red eye icon with a slash. What does that red eye mean? And, why is it appearing?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school links Campus to our Infinite Campus grading system (for the first time this year).  Each of my class period consists of several different IC sections due to IEPs, gifted, ESOL, etc.  I want to combine them all into a class period when grad...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm an instructor, and I set my assignment due times to coincide with class meeting times so I can ensure students have done prep work before class time. My classes don't always meet at the same time each semester and I haven't found a way to c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to customize what course navigation appear or switch the order of the course navigation links from my instructor/teacher perspective? We just switched to C4E and that option has disappeared for me. I can still customize it for students...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've seen some suggestions re removing rubrics, but none seem to address exactly what I want!I've attached an image of what I see when I create a new assignment and select 'find rubric'. Some of these courses are years old and the tasks no longer rel...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long does canvas stores the analytics data? The page views shown in student analytics is for a certain period or from the beginning of the student interaction?  Thank You.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a method of allowing certain students to see their quiz answers and correct answers for a limited but second time? I had hidden the quiz grades prior, which meant that several students did not see the answers at first. Generally, they spend ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is it possible at all to recover the content/grades of a Canvas Course that was reset? If yes, how? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Maybe this seems a bit petty, but because this could be resolved rather easily, I don't see why I shouldn't request this.Oddly, the "?" Help icon appears in perhaps the absolute worst spot possible on PCs. To be honest, this is quite troublesome when...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies