Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I get a pairing code - I am a new user

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Through the Assignments tab, I only see the "Speed Grader" option to view and download assignments. With that, I have to click through all my students to be able to see if they have submitted and to download / grade their work.Is there an option or f...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

it does not work on the canvas page. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several files stored at the user level that I can then post onto pages in various courses. In some cases, I need to update or change a file's contents and update the version stored on Canvas. When I upload the new version - with the same filen...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Admin, I am the TA for the course CRP8080 (S2208-CRP-8080-001-85848) Land use and Comprehensive PlanningDuring an exam in Sep24th some students have not been able to upload their answers. I can't see their answers in my canvas and they claim the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it feasible for an assignment to be a group assignment where the groups are created by the students?  Example - a homework assignment where students may work in groups of 1,2,3 or 4 people.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two groups of students in a single course. Each group has separate assignments to complete. However, in the grade book, each assignment lists students from both groups. This reduces the student's grades who are exempted from that assignment. H...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I TA for a comp sci course, which means looking at student code submissions and critiquing them. I've noticed that as I'm grading and away from the speed grader window, I will get logged out due to inactivity after less than 20 minutes and have to lo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! In my Canvas app when I click at calendar the app crashes. I restart the app and try it again. And again it crashes. Not the first time. It usually work the next day. But for example today I really need to know something and it crashes…

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Up until the new school year we could have a file upload worth zero points on our quizzes and I would still get a grade showing in Canvas gradebook for the assignment. Now it just shows the note icon unless I go in and hand score each of the submissi...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,We recently administered an offline, hard copy quiz.  How do I upload the results into Canvas?  When I go to the Grades section, it appears that I can only upload grades for quizzes published online.   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was just trying to check if I can get help with my my Canvas account isn't loading and showing my classes on my dashboard. Thank you! 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I am a project manager and I am supporting an external content design team to develop a MOOC on Canvas for the first time. My content designers and I are very new to Canvas and we are building our first course on it! We are keen to find ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

New to using Canvas and have switched from D2L. Previously, I was able to grade only some of my students' assignments at a time, save their score (but not release it to them yet), and then finish my grading on another day. Then, I would be able to re...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach several courses, and each has its own canvas tile.  When I'm navigating to the gradebook for a particular course, canvas requires that I execute an extra click from the dashboard because I have to first enter the course through the course til...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a college student. My dad checks my canvas assignments. I know what my assignments are, and I do them on time. It just bothers me when my dad told me about what I should do, when I already know what to do. It just seems he doesn't trust me, and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seem to toggle the button to grade discussions anymore. Is this feature gone?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,The speed grader function no longer allows me to add comments or make mark-ups on student work. It is now replace with a notice to download the mobile app. This makes it very difficult to grade student work and give precise feedback. Can you he...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is there NOTHING about making/publishing your home page? Our district wants us to be graphic designers, import ALL the stuff...I have no time/inclination to learn all this...what do you suggest? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enter multiple grades for a standard in Canvas. For instance, I have Science as my Group. "Parts of a plant " is the standard and I have to manually enter two grades for this standard. How do I do this? Thanks, Traci

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting create a Journal Club assignment discussion board within Canvas.The concept is that each week a student within their discussion group will be required to write an essay on a specific topic ( a primer essentially). They then post it so th...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have been using Canvas for several years as an Instructor and have been having great success using Learning Outcomes to set up rubrics and grade for Learning Mastery. This year, I have one course that is not posting any grades to Learning Outcomes....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI appear to have two accounts (One that I set up to access some pre course work and another issued to me when I started the actual course) Both have the same email and password. I have been working off an ipad on the canvas app but don't have full ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone else having problems looking up chat history? We are required to look up chat and write a brief sumary when we miss chat time. Well my chat history is all messed up.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I set up a Discussion with GroupsI make it an Assignment, and categorize it as a Group AssignmentCanvas STILL does not allow me to apply the same Assignment grade for this Group Discussion Assignment, to all Group members - in the same way I can set ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How does a student access my comments inside their assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I was wondering if there is a feature to export the rubric for assignments as part of the "export gradebook" feature.  For example, suppose that an assignment has 5 problems.  The rubric I set up allows the grader to grade each problem individu...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor of AMD278.I graded some exercises, one of students' activities in class on Canvas.However, a few students' grades in exercise 1 and 2 looks missing even though I added their scores in the SpeedGrader on Canvas. When I checked the S...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies