Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I know that you can change the nickname of a course on the course card from the dashboard, but when that course is no longer active, the nicknames still show on the "all courses" list. Is there no way to edit nicknames after courses are complete, aft...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course with multiples sections; course and term dates have elapsed, but one section is still active according to dates set for that section.  no problem so far--the students in that section still have access and can submit assignments.The pr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We use Clever as our SSO and Rostering for Canvas. Recently, we've run into an issue where if an already established user tries to access Canvas from Clever, it just goes in a loop and keeps returning them to the same screen. If we turn on Just in Ti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Looking for instructions on how to mass move users between sub accounts.  We also have a lot of users in the root and would like to move them to the appropriate sub account.  Thank you.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an insgtructor and want to give my students access to their published grades.  How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I am retaking a mapping assignment quiz, how do I pull up the Maps?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I've been reading here how to avoid students from copying and pasting Canvas text/content and images. I found this: https://www.codexworld.com/disable-mouse-right-click-cut-copy-paste-using-jquery/But I'm not sure how to use it. I've tried it in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,On one particular class, when I go in to take the quizzes, they are linked to a different email that my CANVAS email. I am not showing any progress in the class and not earning any "badges" that I am completing modules. When I hit switch accoun...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Classes that are NOT selected in my Canvas Courses are showing up in the list of FAVORITE classes in my INBOX. How can I remove them and just leave the courses that are currently selected in my DASHBOARD. This issue started about a week ago.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, Of all the roles that can be added in Canvas, which one gives the LEAST amount of access to a course? I have to add some people to my course and I want to give them as little access as possible. I don't want them to be able to change anything,...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my inservice bankable points? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas combines questions from uploaded Blackboard pools. For example, I just uploaded Blackboard Pool #3 to canvas. When I went to select Pool 3 as the source of questions for exam 3 I noticed that canvas had combined all questions from Pool 2 and P...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I select courses I do not see the bar with quizzes, calendars, assignments, etc., I am only seeing my sandbox and the training icons. Would you please assist me with this issue? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My embedded Google doc will not update when I make changes.  I have triple checked everything - the permissions are set correctly, the 'update automatically' box is checked, I am using the embed code from Google and using the embed tool on Canvas. I ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would like to have links be on top of an image. Of course I can insert an image. I can even wrap text around it.  What I'd like to do is have text in front of an image and have the image be in the back ground.I guess it could be done by having...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is it so hard to import courses. I am so frustrated right now. Just want to import my courses to start my class. Can someone please help. I am so tired of these job aides that do not help. I thought this was going to be user friendly and its not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I logged into Canvas today just to make sure it was empty, only to find that there are courses still showing on my dashboard from a year ago, that I have already completed and passed. I was wondering if there was a way to remove them from my Dashboar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Where and how do I find this??? I need to take the training!!!    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with a student who is claiming that his notification bubbles are not popping up in Canvas whenever a new announcement is made in his course. Furthermore, he gave that he turned on the setting where new announcements will be immediately s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used Canvas for many years so I am not new to the product. This week, as I was adding pictures to my course cards, the images displayed upside down. When I upload the same photos to Files, they invert as well, but they do not do that in the bo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Last spring I started working on a Canvas site for this fall's classes.  I discovered enhanceable content  tabs. I followed the code from  one of many sites (i.e. https://atguides.humboldt.edu/m/canvas_instructor_guides/l/768704-how-do-i-creat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school has the same name format for most classes, so we can't distinguish them as students when composing emails in canvas (attached)I would like to rename the courses just for me to the course number. Then I can distinguish. N125, N138, short and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be really great if blueprints had the option to NOT sync course start/end dates. Our SIS pushes those over, but the blueprint wipes it out. We have to manually adjust.Anyone deal with this!?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to check the analytics for a course announcement (or other post)? I would like to check things like page views and engagement, but I can't figure out an easy way of doing that besides going through each student in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am having difficulty uploading a SCORM zip package. I click SCORM, Upload, select the .zip file to upload. The progress bar just keeps churning and several minutes later I find that there was an error uploading the file. I have tried SCORM 2004 v4 ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello -Is the phone # Canvas Support Hotline for Faculty not available anymore?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When importing a Classic Quiz QTI, the is a drop-down menu for "Default Question bank". No selection I make here has any effect on what bank the questions are put into. Leaving it blank, selecting "create new question bank", and selecting an existing...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have any of you used the Text Reader app that's listed among the Canvas apps? I think I added it (it's free) but can't figure out how to get it to show up when I"m making assignments.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies