Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi!I just set up my apple laptop and when I get on canvas, none of my classes or information comes up.  Do you know why that is? I used the same password as I used on my iPhone.  The assignments come up on my iPhone, but is not very easy to type whil...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do you have to pair to your students each year in order to see their classes in the Dashboard for Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to keep a simple button icon on the home page that has a link to a weekly training. I have already built the trainings for the year and set them to post as the week approaches. Is there a way to create a static or a single hyperlink link from ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleagues and I are having issues using the new "average" Proficiency Calculation setting. When setting up outcomes, they appear as they should on assignments and on the teacher view of the Learning Mastery Gradebook, but not on the student view....

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't access the modules page on my computer or any other computer just on my phone.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Watched the video and followed the instructions, however, I wasn't able to cross-list my 8th grade classes. There isn't any "Cross-list" tab that I see on my end.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am a website developer, and my company would like to integrate the Wordpress with Canvas. Let's say a student have an account on my website, and he doesn't need to register canvas anymore, he can access canvas directly via my website's account. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to be able to make a modification for a student that has special needs on a rubric attached to an assignment. Is it possible to make that modification in SpeedGrader for a particular student? In other words, if there is a criteria that does no...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

1. My canvas grading notifications don't seem to be working. I'm not being notified when a teacher grades or gives feedback on an assignment. The notifications are being sent to my school email address, and I think maybe that's the problem, but I'm n...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please explain how to open the closed eye icon.     

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where to find the join/parity code.?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas Homepage isn't allowing me to see my courses, or things to do etc on my laptop

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to using Canvas.  One of my students says he is locked out from clicking on assignments etc., while others say they can access them. Help please  TUmoorek881@macomb.edu Cheers, Kelly

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I (a teacher) assign students to assignment groups using the Canvas Scheduler? If so, would I be limited to only the students I teach ("my people") or could the scheduler be open to all students on a campus? Thanks. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am running into the issues of the 10 question grading limit for my assessments-I uploaded my tests as word docs and then set my bubble sheet answer key-- this took me about 15 hours to revise all of my test question and accurately correlate them to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Trying to open the course and need to unlock sections for the students to be able to access. Clicking on the lock icon is not working

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have seen other solutions, and none of them are relevant to my situation. I do not have the course favorited and have not selected anywhere else for it to appear on my dashboard. It stayed on the dashboard through Summer semester and now it is stil...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A) I don't want my entire course published when I import and B) When it does, I want to be able to unpublish modules in their entirety and not item by item. Why does Canvas not allow this functionality?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I recently switched schools and am using Canvas after using it somewhere else the last couple of years.  Is there a way to access my old courses from another district?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a parent observer who is also listed as a student and it is messing with my grade book.  Is this something I would have done incorrectly at set up OR the parent observer might have accidentally done?  Her child is also signed up as a student, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using roll call attendance as a grade for our semester classes.  However, our grades are determined by quarters.  How can we set roll call attendance to reflect on this quarter's attendance?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a URL or other type of parameter we can pass along with the authentication provider direct URL so after SSO the person lands on a specific course. For example /login/saml/40?course_id=125Thank you,-Phil

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So last year I was very confused and changed my display name to something I was comfortable with last year but I realize this year that I was wrong and re transitioned back how do I change my display name to my real name?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone else tried using the Module Requirement function because you need your students to view every page, but you have a small percentage of students who report that Canvas is not marking the pages as read? Is it a Mac issue or App issue? I stop...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am starting a new semester and imported a course from last semester.  How can I delete/clear or import without, the previous students work submissions?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course won't sync to Microsoft Teams. I keep getting this error message and I don't know why.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm on the last question of the test and there is one more option (which happens to be the correct answer in this case) in the dropdown menu that is hidden from view. If I were to describe it non-technically, it seems to be hiding under my windows t...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiI'm working on a study that students need to complete the pre-survey before starting module 1. I made the survey using Qualtrics and I made a module in canvas called the pre-survey module. I added the external survey link in this pre-survey module ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set a custom front page as a home page. But it doesn't get counted in course completion. My course never shows 100 % completed as this page is not part of any module. Your suggestions will be helpful.  @KristinL @canvascommunity 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies