Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a way to delete a large number of courses? I saw a post from 2017 and I was wondering if the same process still applies? TIA, @James Jeneen Hill

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

This is my 3rd year with canvas observing my 2 kiddos. When I go to look at grades from a class, the pull down menu has EVERY class they've had for the last 3 years. Does anyone know how to just make the pull down menu the current term?? I have starr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm building a quiz on the topic of fractions. I don't want to use multiple choice, so students have to enter the exact numeric answer. However, the builder does not have a fraction tool nor will it accept "1/4" as a number. Is there anything that ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have 3 sections of AP classes.  When I use Discussions on Canvas, I would like to separate the postings from 3 different classes.  But it looks like I see all the postings together.  Is there anything I can do as to the settings so that I can see t...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I know there is a way to message students regarding course grades in New Analytics, but is there ANY way to message observers in the same manner? Without having to go one by one. Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HiI have admin right and API access to a self hosted Canvas instance.Now, I need user-specific auto-login links which will be generated in our external web application programmatically. So that students will not bother with an additional password for...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There should be a link called pages. All of the worksheets she puts up I can't view them. I'm going into the third week and need a fix asap please. If there is a place I can drop in please let me know.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am so frustrated.  I have always been able to link a Google doc to a Canvas assignment, have the student click the assignment, automatically making a copy, complete the assignment, and then click submit so that it posts directly to Canvas and I'm n...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Starting today (after 2+ years), teachers have been getting this error from Google when trying to sign into Canvas.400. That’s an error.Error: malformed_certificateError while signing data with certificateIs this something in the "Authentication Sett...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In one of my courses, the live video is not accessible while it's live. A classmate and I (that I know of-could have been more online students) didn't have access the first week so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to print student submissions of an assignment by section? My teachers prefer hand grading sometimes and it is quite difficulty to have to download multiple sections and separate them as they print alphabetically and not by section. I w...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day,We have received an error when trying to assign 200 students to an observer.  All of the documentation I find says that you can assign from 1 to many.Is there a known limit to the number of students per observer?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My colleagues and I had a question about "outdated" learning mastery: we've been working with Canvas for a while now, learning and improving as we go. This means some of our older material has become outdated and we'd like to have a "spring clean" in...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've tried to reach out to Canvas support directly, but we are just talking in circles because each new support representative doesn't bother reading what has already been addressed. They are sending me basic how-to emails when I've got a clear issue...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an administrator, how do I help students reset password?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the inbox, when i press compose a new message and search up a name nothing comes up except for the teacher from that class and me. I wanted to become friends with the students but im not sure how to get their emails

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, in our course we want to do attendance through a canvas graded quiz. It is a large course with 500+ students. It is imperative that students would not be able to see from when till when the graded quiz attendance registry is open on Canvas, we...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a font to the Rich Content Editor? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for a student to submit both a text box submission and a PDF file in one submission? Canvas doesn't show me multiple submissions, it just shows the PDF one. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to click a link to a lecture in one of my classes but it does not load the video. I have restarted and updated my google chromebook but it is still not working. Any way to get that fixed?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Just this morning I have been experiencing an error when trying to duplicate an assignment, something which I have done many times.Getting this error.  It took nearly 10 minutes to return this error.. Anyone else having the same problem?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I delete an assignment from Canvas after I completed a grade passback with Synergy, will the assignment still show in Synergy or will it get deleted?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a question about the email notification. I noticed that I didn't receive any email notification for any canvas activity like the announcement, index box, etc. I checked my notification setting and the email settings were set to "notify m...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,I would like to give different assignments to different groups in my class to determine which assignment helps students learn the material better.  I've figured out how to create groups in canvas.  Is there a way for the individua...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to change the way a final grade for a particular assignment group displays? As of now, assignments groups average all assignments within the group and display the grade as a percentage. Would it be possible to change it to display a fi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is been already like 3 months since I can't access Canvas using my MacBook's Safari (version 15, and now 16)...I get the attached error.Everyone else's, even on my iPhone's Safari, can access it without any problemI have tried already the typical ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering how I can correct a mistake I made when posting attendance if I've already saved the attendance?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up Outcomes for my class but I do not see Learning Mastery in the Gradebook to view data, etc.  Any steps I need to take?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i’ve been trying to log into my canvas account in my laptop but for some reason my password won’t work. i’ve tried to reset my password but i haven’t received the email at all. I’m logged into the app on my phone so i know the email is correct. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I keep attempting to submit a video recording through the canvas capability of recording. It keeps coming up as a grey box and when I attempt to submit, it tells me the file is still uploading. I've waited hours with no successful upload. I've ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies