Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have an IPad and I’m using it for Canvas course Permaculture Design Course Pro. Every thing works fine, except when I try to work with the PDC Pro Template. It’s some kind of power point program. I can’t see the toolbar, the coming slides on the le...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created multiple rubrics and then tried to insert links for each rubric in this page. The links work when I click on them, when I go to student view, they are unavailable. Help!Thanks,Todd   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I have an Articulate Rise file with quiz. When a student completes the quiz the score posts to the gradebook. When a student takes an additional attempt to receive a higher score the updates score does not update in the gradebook. I contacted sup...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone! I have searched but can't locate the answer to this. Does anyone know if you can change the name of the "To Do" on the dashboard to something like "To Grade"? I appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks! 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am new to this how do you post to canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to figure out how to get my New Quiz outcome information included in my Learning Mastery Gradebook. I have looked around the guides and community pages and all I see are posts about the same issue from years ago. I would really love to us...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know of documentation that specifically pertains to Campus Cafe? We're having real integration issues with Campus Cafe and need some assistance please.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, my name is Julia Marcucci. My canvas account is currently not working at the moment. If there is someone I can contact regarding this information, please let me know. If there is anything I can do, thank you. Julia Marcucci

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for a certain capability for homework/quizzes. This may be accessible on one of the apps but I need help finding the right resource or even knowing if it exists.Each student will measure various aspects of a pair of spectacles. Each stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,To create an AU22 course, used the import tool to copy an AU21 course AND adjust dates. When I did this, Canvas, of course, copied over all announcements.Before I  set them to delay dates that work for AU22's semester schedule, I want to make ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Wondering if anyone can confirm this glitch. I inadvertently named a file "name.csv.csv" and did a SIS import with it. Canvas said it was successful, but the data didn't get imported.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a high amount of brand new students to Canvas and we do have a self-made guide we built into the courses but notice that many students will briefly skim or just bypass it to get to the actual course.  Now I know for teachers, there is the Set...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We just want to create canvas student users from our own website. When student users log in to our website and click on the "Go to canvas" button, They should be redirected to the canvas website and auto logged in his canvas account. Is there any API...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My laptop is old and as I logged onto Canvas (my first time using it, I'm a student), it told me my browser did not meet the minimum requirements. I tried to update it but my Chrome didn't let me and Safari too. Can I still use Canvas even if my brow...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to toggle to the next assignment for one student without having to open and wait for the gradebook to load again? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have run into issues with our calendar when working with participants in multiple time zones. We would like to hide the calendar icons with CSS. Has anyone been able to do it? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

All images in all of my courses are not displaying for me. They just show the file name where the picture should be-see attached screenshot. However, other teachers in the course as well as students are able to see the pictures just fine.Only picture...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am about to start marking student assignments that have been submitted. Is there a way that this assignment can be closed or blocked so that students cannot see their feedback during the marking process and once all tasks have been marked the resul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All -  I cannot get embedded videos to play - I click on the "Play" button, and I get no reaction at all.  No error message, nothing.  No change to the screen at all.  Environment: ThinkPad L15 AMD Ryzen 16GB Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Chrome (both fully...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have many courses that students have completed. I set an end date for each course. There is no "conclude course" button on the right side of the settings page. How do I conclude these courses?   

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have been able to make Canvas API calls through the browser with no issues, yet when I try to make an API call using an access token through the CanvasAPI python tool, I get an invalid access token error. I am not an account admin but I can ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. I am wondering if it is possible to use an image URL for the navbar and login page logo. When I upload the images in the theme editor, they don't appear in Canvas. I am using a self hosted instance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are seeing a label that says MISSING in grades function, even though work was turned in on time and has received a grade. How can I remove that MISSING label?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a ton of courses with groups.  There was an issue with a student enrollment import, which set most student's status to "deleted".  Another import was run that reset the statuses to "active".  Almost all students who had been assigned to a grou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have completed the Growing with Canvas course. Wondering how do I create a new course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I am hoping that someone here can once again give me some help. I am in the process of creating a student resource course and have been asked to add buttons on the pages that can be linked to other pages. The bosses like the looks of buttons r...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I submit a text reply in the training module?  Third attempt for Home Page Explorations, 2.9 will only let me save drafts.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who tried the redesigned discussions feature this past semester. She found it to be worse than the "classic" discussions feature for her use for two reasons:She wants students to read replies to other students' posts, but is conc...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are forced to use Canvas at our school. Canvas has an inbox through which students can contact us. I d not like this as it adds another inbox I must check. I can forward the messages to my inbox but replyinf to those often gets an error message at...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies