Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We use our own design through JS, but since the new quizzes are LTI can this still be achived?We use JS to restrict and remove a lot of menues in canvas, due to it being way to cluttered and overencumersum for lots of our userbase. And we see the sam...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can courses on Canvas Catalog be listed in a calendar view? If not can the offerings of a sub category be arranged by course start date? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help how to download A VIDEO of myself. Im newbie and I need a little bit help I'm confuse here.Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

was enrolled in some courses in February that were to end in the Fall, They were self paced.  However, I no longer find them in my Dashboard.   I find this odd and very strange.  I've reached out to the professor but I have not received any replies. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was not aware, until this evening, that every time I update a Canvas page, it is sent to any student who has checked that off in their Notifications.  Can I block some updates going to students if I am still editing the page?Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,What happens if you fail the 3 attempts? How can you get past and try again/move forward?Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I switched to a new college. How do I change Canvas from my current college to the new one?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I access my student canvas if I go to the Philippines?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a single word bank for a fill-in-the-blank quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create an override column in Grade Book?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a mac w safari, version 13.1.2 and can't seem to get Canvas to load for the Christies class I sign-up for.  I finished a Sothesbys class in canvas a month ago and it worked just fine during that class.  Signed up for a new oneat Christies, but ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When adding comments to a grade, there is an annoying option to add emojis in the lower right corner of the comments box. The problem is that it always gets in the way of the text I'm typing. I end up having to stretch the comment box longer so that ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I export a New Quiz as a QTI file?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to have my students be able to make video recordings of themselves speaking. The teacher and classmates need to be able to make comments via video recording or text. Basically, I need Flipgrid capability within Canvas. Flipgrid is not accessib...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello there,I would like to get my join/pairing code for student's canvass. I have tried to sign in and was unable to enter the details on "join/pairing code". Please helpJames

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot seem to remove the "not visible to students" icon and allow the content to be shown to students. This is my first course with Canvas. It has disabled announcements, pages, discussions, etc.. and when I hover over the icon it says, "Disabled,...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A couple of days ago, images on my pages stopped displaying and show alt. text instead. This happened for all of my old Canvas courses and the one I am currently developing for the summer session. I am heavily dependent on the ability to show images....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with this never ending home page of my Student Resource Center. I abandoned graphic buttons on my tabs, which I got to work, but didn't translate when the page jumped to Spanish so I switched to an H4 text with a highlight on them to be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was able to find an instructional video on how to pin one discussion board among many in the course (e.g. Week 5 Discussion). But I am particularly interested in how to pin a specific discussion post within a discussion board. For instance, as an i...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but in the last week all quizzes given within the new quizzing system for all instructors in my department has populated "no reports yet" under the "Moderate">"Quiz and Item Analysis" section.  Usually the...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

they are not coming to my spam or regular folder! help!!!  i need into my canvas to do my homework!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,We have some users (both proffessors and students) having problems with the messaging system in Canvas.They report that after refreshing the page, all newly read messages will be marked again as unread.Also, some new messages will be marked as ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a group assignment in a course involving four other students.  I want to set up a discussion group with these four classmates so that we can discuss our project in a group forum.  How do I create a discussion group as a student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,Just recently, I've started having an issue when I try and download a file submission from a student in SpeedGrader. I get an "Access Denied: Access to this page is limited to authorized users. You do not currently have permission to v...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I use screencast quite often......can I turn in video submissions on canvas with a copied link from my screencast?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI am trying to do my orientation but stuck at Module 2 as US visa immigration system.it is showing access denied.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have updated Chrom on my laptop. I still cannot take the test. any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when i add a edu app which i added in to canvas in assigments as Submission Type/ external app. And save it. But it doesn't load the app url.I stopped by the first step!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make recent courses the homepage in Canvas on my laptop? Currently, the landing page is the first course I ever took in Canvas. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies