Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I not able to see my assignment tab ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone, I posted the following message awhile ago.  I did not specify then that I am using the Classic Quizzes feature since that is all we have access to at our institution.  I got a response to my original query that basically said what I want...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why the attendance column shows all 0s for all students even though I entered attendance multiple times already?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use the same google account for a canvas student account but for the teacher account it does not work.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(MODS: Please see edits before marking as "solved.") I have a category of grades in my class where, over the course of the semester, students need to score 250 points. The average score on these assignments will be between 20-25 points, though except...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A students email has already been added to the course and the name/username was inputted incorrectly during registration how can it be changed when there is no admin access only teacher access. Under free for teachers canvas account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When you cross list classes in Canvas, it appears as if one class--the mother section--has swallowed the other ones. My students in the swallowed section think they are in the mother section.  Blackboard had a superior system. The cross-listing or me...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas New Quizzes Reports are incomplete and lack some of the data that I feel should be there. When a fill in the blank question is used, the report does not show the answer frequency summary. Maybe this is a limitation when a fill in the blank que...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas search function for files will report hits, i.e., the files that match your search criteria, but not report the directory or folder in which the file is located. Is there a known fix for this or is this a development item that Canvas shoul...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I give my students multiple attempts on quizzes to encourage them to learn from their mistakes.  I would like, however, to be able to see which questions they had trouble with on their first attempt.  Is there a way to view quiz statistics for a part...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an open-book, multiple choice assignment with unlimited attempts. Several students who have no submissions and some who have not even logged into the course (according to the People tab and the New Analytics) are being given grades of 100%.  H...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When students go into the gradebook in Canvas, and click on an assignment they haven't done yet, it pulls up the blank submission for the assignment since there is nothing there rather than opening the assignment itself. Because of this, directions a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm planning to integrate Canvas Gradebook with PeopleSoft Gradebook. Has anyone done this before? or please let me know the API of complete Gradebook of Canvas. Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a few collaborations earlier in the semester. But now when I click on the button, "+ Start a New Collaboration" nothing happens.  Thoughts? Any ideas on how to help? Thanks in advance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted an assignment in a discussion forum and when it went back to see if there were any replies it was not  there if I never submitted

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I link the stimulus to questions after I have migrated from Classic to New? Do I have to reenter all the questions or can I link to existing question not in a question bank. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like students to be able to see the correct answer immediately after they take the quiz. It's not showing the correct answers for a Graded Quiz. It does work as expected for a Practice Quiz, which is what I used to use. The message is that th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I need to complete this assignment to move on to the next module. I don't see any options to submit this assignment. The due date is more than a month away, so I should be in the submission window. I have tried on Microsoft edge and google chrome. Bo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Will New Quizzes have the feature to create and submit a video or audio recording? I teach younger students that are required to submit drawings or to verbalize their answers. These students do not have the ability to record a video on their Chromebo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am having an issue in Canvas where assignments are showing a status of Missing when they should be Late. The issue is specific to one student in a class. Some of the assignments are submitted through an external tool, however at least one of them i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Creating a course that is completely self-paced and will have open registration. Does the peer review feature allow for optional peer reviews? For instance, I have the option as a student to submit my work for another student to review. I can't see i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I think similar questions have been asked in the past, but I can't find out if anything has changed in recent years. I have 4 exams in the Exams group. They all have a different number of questions, but I want them to all be weighted equally. How do ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to manage the comments library so that I can sort them by assignment, by course, or by term?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In my course I want to add a group discussion where all group memebers have to enter a post, before the discussion is marked "done" and students can move on with the mastery-paths Can I configure this in some some way?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am an instructor. I need to print an exam with the exam questions and correct answers for possible inspection by our government. I use question banks so can't print from the edit quiz screen. I succeeded after a long search by opening Speedgrad...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello, after adding a SCORM file as an ungraded assignment and adding a description to the assignment, the SCORM file got smaller within the student view. Is there a way to adjust the width and heigth of the SCORM within in an assignment "page"? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why do new quizzes not show on the to do list for teachers? When there is a component that needs to be graded by the teacher, it should pop up on that list. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not getting any notification email when students are submitting their assignments. I already set the notification for submission as "notify immediately" but still not getting any.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In canvas, Discrimination Index was working earlier. However, in the last few days, they have disappeared from the quiz statistics page. Below is the screenshot of the Discrimination index present earlier:Here is what we see now:We debugged the Quiz ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Yet another irritating and time consuming glitch in CANVAS: If I want to unpublish a quiz for a while (or any assignment) because I realize students need more time or I need to reteach or whatever, I can't if a student has "jumped the gun" and submit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies