Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Please add the "Next" and "Previous" buttons to the top of every Canvas page/assignment. This would help make teachers, professors, and curriculum designer's work much easier. In addition, it would support accessibility issues as scrolling down unnec...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you view or export a report of the registration data? Canvas support keeps sending me to this page but there aren't instructions on how to do that. Can you tell me the step by step instructions? Screenshot of the user defined fields I am tryin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I added a Unicode character () to a module item name that is a link to a Panopto Video (external tool). However, when I click on the link, the Panopto video does not load with the Unicode character in the name. It loads okay when the Unicode charact...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,  I am an Admin Canvas user. I created a course page and believed that I shared the link to other Admin users, but they are getting the message that "access is denied". How do I allow them to access the course?      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a test bank of the questions from my quizzes for the semester? I am meaning Move, Copy questions I already have in my other quizzes to a test bank? I am in Quizzes, I clicked to manage test banks, I am in a test bank, I see how to add...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I also have the same question; I am confused as to the purpose of the "Podcast Feed". Is there a setting I am missing? Is this still part of the "beta" in the Discussion Redesign? I followed these instructions but as you can see from the pictures att...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,The 'Set Word Limit' option suggests to me that the tool would enforce word limits and not let a student submit a question that contained more or fewer words than required. That does not appear to be what it does though. It just displays the min/m...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I change the name of a page is the data on previous views lost?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Is there a way for the teacher role to view when a student has been registered/enrolled into a course? It appears that it's just admin priviledges that allow for this. Thanks in advance for the help! Jenn

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello. I am an instructor. I was wondering how to assign different points for each question in the multiple dropdown quiz. Currently, all the questions that are in the same multiple dropdown are assigned equal points. For example, if I have a multipl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to skip or hide the opening and closing screens of quizzes? Opening: "Take the Survey"Closing: "Correct answers are hidden" I'd like this: Students read a page of content then choose NextQuiz opens straight away to the first questionSt...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to have access to download all student submissions for an assignment after the course is concluded by over a year and put into read mode? Can I only view assignments once put into read.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you submit a final grade in Canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally created a folder within a folder.  I can't find any way to delete or rename these folders/subfolders.  I'd also like to reorder them.  Could you direct me how I might do this? Thanks!    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an electronic poster assignment and the teacher has included the following instructions: Present your research proposal to the class as an electronic poster. Poster presentations are a common mechanism for knowledge dissemination at profession...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have a teacher who is using Go Guardian Scenes and we are wondering what url's need to be added to ensure that Canvas works.  We added our district instance, but it looks like every time students click on a page, assignment, etc. in Canvas, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone come across  in chat?  We recently reported it to Support and were told our concern needed to be requested as a feature within the forum. I understand this as course-level configuration, can anyone offer any solutions  in the way of accou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,  I am using the SIS integration and testing on the Beta side of Canvas. When I send a term from my system to Canvas the date doesn't stay the same as what I sent up. I create a term for Start 2021-11-29T00:00:001Z and end 2022-02-01T23:59:59Z,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello there, I am new to Canva. I need some help related to logo making. Here I want to know than can we make animated logos for game website in Canva because yet I have not seen the animated option in Canva. Kindly guide me related to my question. T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - the Quiz Log looks useful (How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Instructure Community ) just wondered if it logs anything like IP address or other proxy for students' location? Solved: Can an instructor view the IP addresses of student... -...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if there are any Canvas-affiliated services or third party services that can use Gradebook exported information to create end of year student reports. We would like to show student's average scores over different assessment types a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cant use my canvas student app for submission because it says "no valid file ids given" what should I do to fix the problem? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is meant to be a follow up question to this Guide :  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-duplicate-an-assignment/ta-p/636   But then how to assign the copied Assessment into a Module?  It's now just floating in space, on...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The new "read speaker" tool is not as helpful as it might be. For one thing, I find the icon to activate it blocks (covered up) some text in student submissions. But, more significantly, it reads absolutely everything, including stuff that is not eve...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using Redirect tools to redirect to other sites such as Quizlet, Kahoot etc. It worked fine but I am now I am getting an error message - a  grey screen with "quizlet.com refused to connect". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have an assignment that is double-marked against a rubric. The markers enter their marks against each criterion in a spreadsheet and we standardise them. Is there a way to import the marks and associated comments into Canvas and have them show up ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, So as the title says, I'm not able to enroll in the next course down the list on my intern portal page. I'm not sure if this is intentional because the page does suggest doing all the courses in order from top to bottom. But this is an "assessmen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently had to modify a canvas "quiz" (really it's a midterm unit exam with lots of questions) I had previously created for three different sections (classic quizzes). I made the needed changes in my template section and saved it. I then attempted...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

The module progress bar works on all pages except for those with accordions or tabs. Any advice on how to fix this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies