Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

After a teacher graded a student's submission using SpeedGrader, she asked the student to correct his mistakes taking the teacher's advice into account, and then resubmit the assignment.  Is there a way that the teacher can view the previous submissi...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Seems that when a student submits a Quizzes Next quiz that needs to be manually graded, it does NOT show up on my "to do" list and displays as X (incomplete) instead of checked. I have this particular quiz set to display as "complete/incomplete", so ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, I installed open-source Canvas but could not see how to upload media into a quiz, but could only embed media or upload image into a folder and then insert it into the quiz.  Is the function missing in the open-source version? Thank you v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I hide student email addresses from other students?  When students submit a discussion post, they can then see who else has posted, and if they click the name of a student, it opens a box with a link to the email address.  How can I disable th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I understand completely how to import quizzes.  I am looking for help with exporting into a format.   the system I am exporting from only exports:   GIFT FOrmat Moodle XML format (similar in canvas but different series apparently) XHTML format.   Do ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're looking to add some custom links to the Global Navigation, and I've already cannibalized JS scripts posted long ago, but I've lost the link to find icons that I can insert into that script.  Can anyone point  me in the right direction?

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We use all the available data via Quizzes (e.g., student counts, difficulty index, point biserial for all answer options, including distractors). This data is incredibly valuable to us as we fine-tune our exams. Will this type of data be available th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Probably a stupid question, but how do I move a line in a rubric up and/or insert a new criterion other than at the end of the rubric? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello I have installed canvas app directly on server using (https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki/Production-Start) guide. I did not purchase domain yet so call application using ip address(http://164.52.214.154:8080/) But it is not working....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I was doing the CEU course for phlebotomy and I passed my final with an 80%. Under Dashboard it shows me  on the right hand side recent feedback and has a green check next to final exam, but under it say continuing. Is there another step I need to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, Last semester, via Student Analytics, I was able to view the total number of submissions (I think the column was Participations). Right now, however, I can't access this information. So, how can I access this information? Many thanks in advan...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I begin editing a new quiz from the quiz. Editing a question directs me to the Question Bank and it manifests itself as a panel that pops out from the right side of the screen. I edit the question and click done. The question is updated in the quiz. ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We allow students to keep practicing their homework problems after the due date. The assignments are set to keep the highest score. However, some of the questions on the assignments also require manual grading. Some students may go in after the due d...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I make global edits to a course? I am an instructor and want to apply the same banner style and banner text to the many pages below the home page. Currently, I hit edit, choose a theme, choose banner text edit, make the edits, hit save, go to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-change-the-start-and-end-dates-for-a-course/ta-p/452354 We have integration with a SIS.  In course participation we need across the api function setup some course as Course and another as T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a brand new problem. I typically download student papers to read, edit, and grade them. I then upload them back to the students for review. I've downloaded 20 or so papers and none of them can be edited.  I can change fonts or add text, but I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to create a peer review process for groups to evaluate their teammates' contributions to group projects.  In the first part, students will write a statement attesting to their own contributions to the project. The group members (not all the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have started using Office 365 integrated assignments.  Have one student that cannot see the Word doc in the canvas assignment I created, but sees a login button instead under the initial assignment instructions. She tries to login using her canvas lo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

No puedo ingresar a zoom de canvas a través de mi iPhone ni de mi Mac, pero si de otras computadoras.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find any instructions/information about how to know what color Canvas will use in the rubric for each rating points that I choose. I typically turn points off for grading, but I know Canvas still uses points in the background, and I know I ca...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello everybody. We are using the opensource CANVAS LMS, however, we checked that in our campus we do not see the EDU APP list of apps for later integration. How can we have the access to the EDU APP? (we already have the token required) In our CANVA...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear All, Can I sample JSON for the Edit user? C# API

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. For some reason, the roll call feature is not working for 2 of my published courses. On these 2 courses, when I click on the attendance link, there is a panda on a unicycle that just keeps going. The attendance feature is enabled on both cours...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi My problem is that all profile pictures uploaded manually by our students have disappeared from their profiles. Does anyone know where Canvas stores these files or how to recover them? We have two kinds of uploading profile pictures for Canvas, so...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to edit the user through API C#.  Can I have a sample Json for both? I'm referring to this link for edit a user.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course is lost from canvas. I used it last time 15days ago and when I again relogged in I couldn't see my course. How can I retrieve my lost course? Any suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I think this is a great way to check your assignments and ask questions if necessary

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All my grades for individual assignments were entered by as letter grades and I wanted the gradebook to calculate final grades by their % of the students' final grades. I followed the advice of my University Canvas support and edited the assignments,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My account is Flagged how can I approved my account. My account was on these sites ( https://canvas.newschool.edu/ ) Please if anybody will help me then tell me what I can do for the approval of my account. I am waiitng for your response? Best regard...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies