Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Colleagues, A couple of questions related to system security. 1) Does Instructure have any sort of log-tracking in case someone gains access to our system and does any damage? 2) If someone were to delete all courses from the system, does Instructure...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a question to those who use Zoom inside Canvas, if a participant is removed from a reoccurring meeting, can the participant rejoin future reoccurring meetings?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm a student that is having a problem seeing assignment descriptions.  In all of my courses, I'm having a problem when I click on a quiz/test. The description that the teacher put in for the assignment shows for about a second, then disappea...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, It seems like Canvas is currently unable to upload webcam videos. Using a Mac with Safari & Chrome and different laptops there is issue, Safari just exists the webcam window when trying to save and Chrome gives an "Something went wrong accessi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to find through the API, Canvas Data, or Admin reports the various assigned items to a permissions role?  For example, I would like to have a report that shows each role and what specific permissions are assigned to that role. This way...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Thanks for looking at my post. I am stuck with text editing. How do I delete the blank lines for the recommended text? Backspacing doesn't work, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change paragraph spacing with the text editor.

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

As an online student, How do I sign in for attendance? thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  I'm trying to create new courses via the API but I'm getting an error that indicates the course already exists. I cannot find the course if I use the UI. I've used the API to build a list of courses and the course is not in the returned list. The...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Stephanie, I'm really lost (obviously) trying to find my way around Instructure/Community.Canvaslms etc. Came here really just to track down phrase express ideas/help/comments that I randomly saw when doing search. . . Are you aware of courses built ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know if there's anything I can do from my end or if I need to contact my teachers but I am afraid I will miss something important for my classes.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set it up where the students can answer and return it to me?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have several assignments that I have set "not available until XYZ (date)".  I would like to view them from the students perspective.  When I enter student view, I am denied access becasue it is locked by the instructor.   I figured I could go in an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am going over my older courses - mine are compliance courses, not academic courses, so I hang onto all courses for three years. I am looking over courses that I still need to have access to, but the most important part for me is the gradebook histo...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In Classic quizzes, the number of points would automatically update based on the point values in the questions I added. However, this does not seem to happen in the New Quizzes.  It stays at "zero" (the default) regardless of the actual point value o...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I have read about the Google App LTI upgrade that is coming soonish, ~ Sept 1 or later. I am one of the Admins for our school account. I couldn't access Collaboration at Teacher orientation for demonstrationr purposes using the Google app that wa...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Which are the steps to unite all the tiles in one?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday I published a discussion page which looks fine on my end, but when my students land on it they see nothing. Thoughts?  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have successfully submitted my assignment in Word Document format (54KB) on Canvas, however I am not able to view the similarity report icon. Kindly advise. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all! I am currently maintaining an LTI application that toggles the publish status of Canvas courses. Recently we've started having an issue with the API endpoint for updating course info (PUT /api/v1/courses/:id).  When attempting to unpublish a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use the Canvas APi to search for a user by their defined communication channels? For example, if I have an app where a user enters their phone number I want to ensure that there is a valid user in Canvas with that phone number befor...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are Google Docs Cloud Assignments still supported?  We were told that Canvas was not going to support them as of August 1, 2021, but I have them as an option in my Assignment External Tools. I like the simple functionality the Google Docs Cloud Assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to repeat global announcements?  For example; we have a weekly video series with a live feed.  Instead of copy/pasting and creating 52 separate announcements with start and end dates, is there a way to setup a recurring announcement ev...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm an admin, but not a coder.  I'm not having any luck running the list multiple submissions API.  This is what I was trying: https://XXX.beta.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/:course number/students/submissions?per_page=10000&PersonalTOKEN  Am I miss...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I posted about this as a reply to a question elsewhere, but then it occurred to me that it could be its own topic. Does anyone know a way to make International Phonetic Association "combining characters" appear correctly in Canvas?  Single characte...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It is incredible time-comsuming and tedious to lock each object in all of our year-long blueprint classes by hand, clicking each icon, then waiting for it to reload.  Please, is there a "Lock all objects" option somewhere? Also, why aren't the object...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating user account through API sometimes it goes through successfully and other times throw exception like below "ExpectationFailed - The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized  . for user Benjamin Martinez,be.martinez@ecisd.us...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can i link the student  canvas account to the parent canvas account

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm completely baffled.  It seems as though some of my created pages just got up and left  While checking one of my course links today, I got the message, "The page does not exist, but you can create it below" and was redirected to the page editor. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies