Make account configuration and management more efficient through better default settings and controls for Admins
There are certain areas of Canvas where the lack of default controls makes management of various objects impossible or inefficient. By adding new default behaviors and controls, we can simplify the admin experience and reduce repetitive efforts.
What value could this provide to users?
- Ability to Reorder Pronoun Options so that users can select them more efficiently
- Add SIS IDs to default sections as part of course creation so that they can be managed with the change_sis_id.csv
- Ability for Admin to set Student/Teacher/TA/Designers Term End dates to "whenever" so that teachers can have access indefinitely after the term ends
- Ability to create Account Roles at the root-level without making them available at the sub-account level so that roles intended for the primary account don't clutter the sub-accounts
- If empty course end date, then automatically use term end date so that the list of active courses is more manageable and accurate
[API] Update Communication Channels API to show if an email is an institution email address and allow updates to it Submitted by: JamesSekcienski
[SIS] Treat missing users as "suspended" rather than "deleted" when Diffing Submitted by: kellycronew
[Account Settings] Ability for Admin to set Student/Teacher/TA/Designers Term End dates to "whenever" Submitted by: ashley_hardesty
[Admin Tools] Admins need "clear user's cache" Submitted by: S9300807
Commenting on Themes is available when Themes are Open for Voting or Prioritized.