K12 Canvas Users Discussions

K12 Canvas Users questions and discussion forum

I have one student which I am allowing to retake a quiz. Do I need to reassign the quiz to that student? What does it do with the previous grade? Is there another way way to open the test back up for that 1 student?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The dashes have been removed. Yay!However, I am finding the new setup even more cumbersome, and I'm wondering if it's just me....and possibly because I use a trackpad and swipe (swype). If I try to quickly scroll to the next question and don't move m...

Community Champion
K12 Canvas Users
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a new student who moved in from another school district.  I am wanting to let her start with Module 3 in my class since she has had some of the previous material in the other two modules before.  How can I let her start in this module when pre...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Canvas Community!We just activated Canvas Commons for our institution (grades 9-12). The technology department is excited to bring this to teachers, and I know we need to do some direct training before full implementation. Has anyone in K-12 had s...

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hey Everyone!I'm wondering if anyone else is "seeing" what I'm seeing or in this case not-seeing.I'm developing a course and I want a platform for student to "present" their work and discuss it. I used the discussion format to achieve this. I thought...

• 7 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Do students have the ability to save progress on a test and then come back at a later time to finish it?

• 9 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a way to post grades for only one section of a course?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I weight my grades.  I have two categories:  Assignments/quizzes and tests.  In powerschool every assignment and every quiz counts as 100 points and every test counts as 100 points.  I thought if I had Canvas calculate grades as percentages then it w...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are new to Canvas, thus new to utilizing LTI tools. I added the MyLabs App to our HS.  I went in as an AP Teacher who uses Pearson MyLabs and enabled the app in the navigation area. When you click on it, it asks for permission to link the account ...

Community Contributor
K12 Canvas Users
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our parents are in the process of setting up Observer accounts to monitor their children. We have noticed that if a parent has more than one child at the school, the observing experience is challenging. In the desktop/laptop platform, the calendar li...

• 9 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone been able to integrate Pearson Realize (K-12 curriculum) with Canvas?  I know that the MyLab part of Pearson do, but we just adopted the K-12 piece and would love for it to merge into Canvas.

• 7 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I created a folder of buttons for my school to use in their courses. I can't seem to share the folder to commons. I can share a single image, but not the whole folder.

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I went through and deleted students who had withdrawn, not realizing that they couldn't be reinstated.  Is there a way to reactivate the accounts?  I have seen the feature requests for disabling students, which is sorely needed!  We have several stud...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What teacher management software (Hapara, GoGuardian, etc.) works best with Canvas and chromebooks?

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

The lack of a classroom dashboard and navigation is challenging to K-8 Teachers.  This concept of being in multiple courses for, say, first grade, is foreign, and the interface makes classroom management tedious. Given that we’re not the first K-8 sc...

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a parent who is trying to create an Observer account, but she is getting the message that her email is already in use. How do I help her? When I search for her email in Users, it doesn't show up. This seems like the wrong way to get at this. T...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I get rid of categories in the gradebook that I do not use in my weighting system?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Not ready to start a discussion, still learning.

Community Novice
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello K12 Canvas Friends -Welcome back for those who have been out for the Summer. And for those who were still in the office, things are heating up with start of school!I recently heard from our friends at Esko that they are loving the new Canvas UI...

• 13 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our teachers would like to put certain assignment answers in Modules in courses where students prepare for national exams. I was looking at putting it in a locked module with a pre-requisite of a submitted assignment with a minimum grade. However, it...

Community Contributor
K12 Canvas Users
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

How can principals/counselors, whom we have set up with account level roles for our buildings, view an individual student's grades for all courses, instead of course by course? I'd prefer not to give them "become" access. Thanks!

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are a K-12 school district just getting ready to roll with Canvas this school year and we would like to set up a substitute teacher user.  Have any other districts established this role?  If so, do you have any recommendations for the permissions ...

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am looking for ideas on utilizing Canvas to keep my students up to speed on current science news/events without having to spend much monitoring, or grading time --- nor much classroom time.   Twitter embeds and other iframes of science sites; with ...

Community Novice
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if anyone uses blogs and canvas and how they do it? How do you connect the two? Can you embed your blog into canvas?

• 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Special Education Teacher looking for ideas and methods to utilize Canvas in IEP Goal Monitoring and Parent Reporting.  Any ideas out there?

• 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE USES OR EMBEDS PODCASTS INTO THEIR COURSE AND WHAT TOOLS ARE BEST?

Community Contributor
K12 Canvas Users
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are just getting started using Canvas.  Have any of you every had an assignment that was for 2 classes?  For example....Social Studies and English....the social studies teacher graded content and then the English teacher the grammar etc?  How did ...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone hosted a parent night regarding Canvas basics?  If so, tell a bit about it and if it was successful, or not!

Community Novice
K12 Canvas Users
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How did you set up the grade book for elementary teachers teaching multiple subjects in one course?

• 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm new to Canvas and am trying to learn as much as I can this summer.  I noticed that when I delete an assignment that happens to also be a quiz that is located in the quizzes section, the quiz in the quizzes section also gets deleted.  Is there a w...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies