How do I upload a photo or change my avatar in my Community profile?

Document created by communityteam Administrator on Mar 19, 2015Last modified by jivedocs@instructure.com on Apr 22, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Official Canvas Document

Canvas + Logo transparent (WHITE)- 300px.png

Related links include:

Your photo is a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person. Your avatar helps community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue. It is not uncommon for people to use their profile photo as their avatar photo, as well.

NOTE: Community Team reserves the right to remove photos or avatar images that are not appropriate.

Click the drop-down menu next to your avatar

The drop-down menu is located in the upper right-hand side of the screen. It can be accessed from anywhere within the community.

Choose the 'edit profile' link under personal tools

Select the 'Avatar' tab

This will bring up all the fields from your profile.

Click 'Add photo' link to select a photo

Upload a photo

Users are limited to 10 different profile photos. Click on 'browse' to select a photo from your computer. Then click 'Upload and Continue' to go to next steps.

Crop your photo

Drag the handles to select the portion of the photo you want to show in your profile (the preview is to the right). Drag the box to position your selection. Click the 'Crop Photo' button to continue. The preview of your profile picture is to the right.

If you are not satisfied with the preview, you can upload a different photo.

Review and finish

If you are happy with your profile photo, click on the 'finish' button to finalize.

You may be prompted to create a new avatar from your profile photo. If you want these to remain different, please see below.

Navigate to the 'Avatar & Photos' tab

Scroll down to the 'avatar' section and click 'Add another avatar'. Then follow the upload-crop-review-finish prompts (similar to uploading your profile photo).

3 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes