Canvas Instructional Designers Discussions

Canvas Instructional Designers questions and discussion forum

I have gone through my course and all the links are working. However, I have over 1000 messages about links when I check the Link Validation.  Most of them repeat such as: 1. Links to other courses in this resource may not be accessible by the studen...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Curious if there is a short cut to printing a whole class to put in an accreditation binder for future reference?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Rubrics are not populating points at the top for the grades, how do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't think this is a novel request but I'd like to reiterate the need for an annotations library similar to Quickmarks on TurnItIn. This functionality seems pretty basic and I'm shocked Canvas still doesn't have it. I know they added the comment l...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to find the student email address to which Canvas sends invites? We just had a problem with a student not receiving their Canvas invite, and we wanted to double-check the email address, Canvas sent it to, but we can't find it.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can AI (such as ChatGPT) assist in evaluating my personal course's alignments and relationships between the course learning objectives, module-level objectives, assessments, activities, materials, and tools? How might AI help me pinpoint or highlight...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our students have a number of optional units for each degree programme.We therefore need one virtual space where we can share frequently asked questions, discussion forums and handbooks which are relevant to all students on the programme regardless o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has a couple of courses that have suddenly lost the modules.  It's multiple courses over multiple years that no longer have the modules that he has built.  I've tried the undelete option.  I've also checked the course import ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am in the process of designing some Modules on Canvas to provide students with an interactive mock example of a client meeting. The module is designed as a "guided story" with quizzes that require students to choose the correct answer(s) in order t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am adding 100 questions to a question bank and am frustrated that there is no add question button after the last qwuestion added like in regular quizes???

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas world,  I was wondering if there is a setting or easy way to copy a course and have that course be published by default?   Currently when I copy a course or import course content it resets the shell to unpublished.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I've been adding equations to pages using the equation tool. The problem I keep encountering is I can't seem to resize these equations. I can do it when they're just sitting freely on the page, but when I put them inside a table it appears there'...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone heard if Canvas will implement the ability to schedule messages using the Inbox? I use this feature in my other email programs (Outlook, Gmail) and love it.  

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone, We would like to create a completion PDF certificate in Canvas LMS and wondering whether we need to use any external tools to do that. Could we just create this certificate in HTML/CSS in a Canvas page and add a pdf button to download th...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just discovered a way students can access assignments, quizzes, and discussions that are in modules they do not yet have access to.   I set requirements and prerequisites for all the modules but then had a student turning in assignments that were i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had an instructional designer ask me whether it was possible to create multiple due dates for the same assignment (for the SAME students). She mentioned she saw this in one of Canvas's release notes, but I have not been able to find anything on thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone! This is a multi-tiered question, so bear with me! I am working with a department outside of my own to create a handful of courses. They are wanting a way to create a "channel" with a specific email address so that all participants can be...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Does anyone know if there is a way to automate manual settings in Canvas quizzes? For example, turning manual quiz and gradebook settings on or off over the weekend? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to get scheduled Teams meetings to show up in the Canvas calendar? Obviously, the students can click on the Teams Meetings tab in the sidebar of the course, but that requires students to check every course instead of being able to see ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be really helpful to have annotation tools in SpeedGrader for discussions, particularly when we're noting spelling, grammatical, and APA errors.It would also allow us to comment directly on the discussion vs. within the rubric.Jus' sayin'......

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with a professor who has many pieces of media (audio and video files) embedded into her course using a unique method I've never seen before. These files are used in pages and quiz questions alike. The HTML for the content is something li...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I've had multiple instructors who have issues with the Due Date becoming the Available From date in the discussion redesign. That is, although the Available From date is blank, and the discussion is published and the module is not locked, the Student...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student is registered for a programme (e.g. Advanced certificate in Health Management) which is made up of 11 coursework courses that each run across 7 weeks in canvas, and 1 research course that runs throughout the duration of the programme in can...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have been creating training courses for students and faculty. However, we do not want to blast students all the time when we are enrolling them in courses. Can it be considered to enable a function for at least admins to go in and disable course n...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A quiz I created in canvas is of 130 points and the points in rubric come to be 390 (with the outcomes).  Canvas is providing grades in speedgrader as the calculation is according to 390 points in rubric, i.e. 270/130 points.I have deleted the rubric...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The students have taken the test, which was graded and then the rubirc was created. I have set the learning mastery objectives as well for the students and the test and aligned them with the test.However, when I check the Learning mastery in gradeboo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon,  I am assisting a faculty member with a particularly flummoxing problem. They copied content from a '23 shell to their '24 shell The issue that she has encountered and has been a source of frustration is that the PDF files that came o...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a faculty member who has created self-assessments via New Quizzes in Canvas.  She would like to award points based on whether students completed the self-assessment and on time.20 points if the student completed the quiz and before the deadlin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When clicking into an assignment from the calendar, no content will load. I added 2 screen shots from FireFox, that until yesterday, worked JUST fine. Also from the Main Canvas Dashboard Canvas courses will not load.What is the fix for this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Courses offered are PD courses and typically run for 7 days at a time. Usually, courses start at NOON on a Thursday and end at NOON on the following Thursday. We then have the main settings for the start date to match, but the end date is for the Mon...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies