Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi Canvas,  I submitted the following question to the Canvas Question Forum almost a year ago and never recieved a response. My faculty members would really like to know if any of the questions below can be answered. So, I am trying again.  Collabora...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have two canvas accounts at different domains: districtname.instructure.comcanvas.instructure.com Can I merge them? Thanks!    

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the Assign To dialog (e.g., for a Quiz), I would prefer the Due Date, Available From and Until fields be in chronological order:Available FromDue DateUntilIs there a way to change this default order? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a report in Canvas that would allow me, as an administrator at my school, to see when each teacher did a grade sync for their class?  I'd like to see the full history of the grade sync for each course, or at least the last time the class gra...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a feature in New Quizzes that works like Question Groups in Classic Quizzes? Can a teacher set a New Quiz to randomly give a set number of questions to each student in the course? For example, from a bank of 30 questions, each student random...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I have a teacher who is trying to share Canvas rubrics with colleagues. I was searching through the guides and saw that the update was coming in Q2 this year, but cannot find the instructions no how to make this work. Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I create a group assignment and click the button to "Assign Grades to Each Student Individually," does that mean each student can submit the assignment separately? Or will that be messed up when each group member submits? Yes, it's an assignment t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I reconfigure a Mastery Path after students have taken a quiz, are their scores for that quiz erased? If so, how can I get those scores restored?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a faculty member who has created self-assessments via New Quizzes in Canvas.  She would like to award points based on whether students completed the self-assessment and on time.20 points if the student completed the quiz and before the deadlin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I publish a new assignment with a due date in the future, Canvas automatically assigns zeroes to some of the students in my course. All of these students are in the same sections. I had the function on for automatic zeroes for no submission at t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Precisar a opção de importar notas ocultar na opção "notas" dos cursos. Ela não pode estar disponível para os professores. Como fazer isso?    

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When adding a file from Office365 LTI through the RCE onto a page.  It does not give me the option to download the file after I have added it to the page. Is this working as designed

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a recent update, some auto-formatting changes were made to the Comments for assignments. When someone clicks <enter>, the system automatically adds an extra line space as though it is starting a new paragraph. This now matches the formatting of "A...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a question regarding the strikethroughs with my own calendars. I know there are calendars for each of the classes/courses we take but I also add my own schedule for doing assignments in a timely manner in my calendar. When I finish doin...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We assign multiple graded surveys throughout our course as exit tickets. We need to assign them as graded surveys, so students earn points just for completion and the points they earn are not based upon accuracy. However, this does not allow us to ea...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I add new assignment status options to Canvas and have them GPB to my SIS (Veracross).  The SIS has available categories (such as Pending or Turned In Not Graded), but i'm not sure if GPB will pick up any new options I add to Canvas.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning, I am posting here because I have nowhere else to go. I have reached out to Canvas support via the ticket system 3 times and have never received a reply, even to my tickets I submitted over 1 year ago, no reply. I cannot contact live sup...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are encouraging instructors to use the Missing Submission policy and setting zeros as the automatic grade. Why do some assignments that are not due yet have zeros filled in as a default? Is it due to mismanagement of due dates or is this a bug? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to implement a robust content protection system to prevent unauthorized screen recording and screenshots, similar to what Netflix and Prime Video offer.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm asking about how tutors can add OneDrive files to Canvas as learning resources in a course, and whether students can view/access those files if they are OneDrive files saved in secure staff folders.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a worksheet that I've loaded in Canvas as a pdf but I want the students to be able to fill out the worksheet and submit it. What do I need to do so the students can type in the pdf?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At my institution, we use a single SIS ID for individuals, regardless of whether they hold more than one status (e.g., faculty, staff, or student). This practice causes complications within Canvas. For example, an instructor may have an SIS ID of 123...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Team,I want to add expand all & collapse all accordion template in canvas without using Cidi Labs. Is there any way around for that. If yes, Please help me out.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

From what I've gathered using Canvas and browsing the boards: Quiz questions can only be randomized if linked to a question bank or used in groupsA quiz question cannot be granted full credit for all students en masse after a quiz has closed if that ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I always open my assignments for grading by selecting a specific "Student Group" ; these groups are associated with different instructors. If you select a particular student group as the viewing criteria for the course grade sheet, the Speed Grader i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My assignments are all showing as duplicates in the syllabus listing and calendar but not in modules or in the assignments tab.    They are only entered once.  The grade book is populated by my university and the assignment show up there and again th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.    There is no longer a scrollbar at the bottom of the grade book (horizontal) to scroll through the grades. Yes the scrollbar on the right side (vertical) is there, but the horizontal is missing. Help. This is frustrating trying to manually upda...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In Attendance > Settings, I click the box that says "do not count attendance towards final grade." However this setting will not stay saved and it never recalculates the total grade without factoring in attendance. I did not have this problem last se...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Everyone! I want to create leaderboards and badges for my students to use in Canvas. I am a teacher, and do not have on-campus Canvas support. My school just converted to Canvas during Summer 2024, so I doubt we are using the Legacy version.   One...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I export my grades as a csv file, they are delimited by semicolons.  When I open the file in Excel it defaults to a comma as the delimiter and all the data is in the first cell.  I need to change something so that they are in sync.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies