Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The text of the deleted comment is gone, but there is still a non-editable record in our Discussion Board showing who deleted the post and when it was deleted, as shown below:Deleted by Rebecca WoodDeleted Jan 18 10:50pm Deleted by Rebecca WoodDelete...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I enable students to see assignments? Currently they are disabled.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about Shuffle Questions in New Quizzes. If I have a stimulus group of questions, will their order be retained, even when Shuffle Questions is selected? I need the questions within my stimulus question to appear in the desired order,...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has an established group set, and students in the groups have started assignments, so she does not want them to change. Now she has several students added to the course late and would like to add two more groups to this set. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In some cases, not all members of a Group contribute to an assignment done in class.  I'd like to be able to return the graded assignment to only those members who contributed.  Is it possible to return the file to only those members without having t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create posters for Media Center utilizing the Dewey Decimal System?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking a course about verbal de-escalation and the video will not load  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to print a new quiz with latex equations, only the first equation displays properly and the rest print as latex code.I have attached the picture of the print preview showing the problem.  I have tried to cancel and print again, but it will...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can you change the default check box: "send an individual message to each recipient" when composing a message >100 people?By not being able to unclick this you get " one sent message for every person on the list."? This means you inbox fills up w...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to publish ENVD 4363 but it is not showing up in my unpuublished list of courses. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn on the function that shows that a student has viewed a page without making it a prerequisite that they complete those pages? I just want to help a student keep track of which pages they've viewed and which ones they have not yet viewed ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, I am attempting to contact my institution's CSM. The email address that I had for the original person is bouncing back. I submitted a support ticket as well but haven't heard anything. Any suggestions? Thanks,Ester

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hOW DO YOU CONNECT WITH YOUR COURSE MATES DIRECTLY ON CARAVANS 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does the observer to do list and the student to do not match?  I can see all of my child's assigments; they cannot see any?  This is a HUGE problem.  I'm not sure if it's a setting.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add a link in an assignment to give each student access to their own slide deck in Google.  I have read the instructions, but do not get the "Submission Type" option to include my external tool.  Does anyone know what I need to do to g...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I registered because it would constantly ask em to register. I did get registered, but now i do not have acces to guides... idk what to do. help please

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey all!  Need help finding our CSM. Thanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently creating some Master Shells in Canvas. I would like to use New Quizzes, but when it comes to embedding images in the quiz questions, the images themselves don't seem to be uploaded to the Master course files. They seem to go to some ra...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have two canvas courses that have been on my page since freshman year and have not disappeared. I have completed both courses yet they have not been removed from my canvas page. I am currently a junior.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So with the recent release to the public of ChatGPT, not sure what it is then have a look at  https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/At or college we have been discussing it and trying it out a bit to discover its capabilities.  The really concerning thing ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Not finding anything about how to add an attachment to a page.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When opening Canvas from my phone and computer, it automatically opens up an old course instead of my homepage or current course.  How do I prevent this from happening?  The course it opens was completed six months ago.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I go to "See All Pages" screen and click on the dots for a menu I don't have any of the options I should.  There should be delete, edit etc...but instead all I see is "send to" and "Copy".  I have some I need to change and some I need to get rid...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am enroll in 4 courses but able to see only 2 in canvas, How I can see other courses since semester start as well as assignments. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, So the Attendance in Canvas already has FOUR permanent buttons - Present, Absent, Tardy, and Unmarked.  I was wondering if the Canvas Tech Support team could add one more button in the Attendance that could be permanent without having me a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We are spinning up a new instance of Canvas as an Azure VM. We are trying to get email working with it and see two options:Spin up basic Sendmail server and use it (easier, but I think might result in more blocked mail)Route mail through our o...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have the latest version of Google Chrome, my PC meets the minimum requirements, and all my other courses are on my Dashboard. I chose the minimum amount of electives required when enrolling (i.e. three), and the first fee has already been paid for....

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies