Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've watched the diabetes tutorial video multiple times (9minutes plus) and my progress is not saving, so it does check off that I've completed that section. Very frustrating and very time consuming. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This needs to be fixed it was fine 2018-2021 until someone decided to upgrade media record upload now it does not function properly. This is a very fustrating to try and submit an assignment on video to record.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title reads, canvas will not load on computer. The website just blinks white constantly. It works on my phone completely fine. Refreshing doesn't work. Changing my password didn't work. Taking it off the saved bookmarks and putting it back on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I want to mark my comments as read?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I common another students' post a picture. Im having trouble finding it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need to find out my current grade on canvas for class (CIT-40-34517-2022FA)

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently my course cards and banners have not been syncing appropriately. When I upload a banner and a course card (different photos), and look at it from a computer, all is fine. However, when I log in on a student ipad and use the Canvas app, the c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We serve up our content to schools all around the nation.  I like having buttons on the home page of each course, with a button that takes you directly to the first assignment.  It's a simple way to get started.  However, when I try to add a relative...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does "Send an individual message to each recipient" work the same way as bcc?Will the recipient be able to see the names of other recipients of the message?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

That didn't help me.  My question pertains to an issue with course pacing.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can multiple choice quizzes in Elearning be imported into Canvas? Or do I need to cut and paste line by line?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was creating a new quiz as a copy of an old one. I changed the name, questions, and settings in a sample course and then copied it into my new course. Only to find that the original quiz is gone, with all of its submissions. Help! Can the old quiz ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Gradescope for a number of homework assignments and have it correctly linked through Canvas (afaik from the instructor guides; using LTI 1.3). Students have successfully submitted the assignment before the (now past) deadline. My issue is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

de-cross list is not an option - what do I do now

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This question does not relate to activating the "Student View."I am trying to test items that are placed in a course by professors to see how they behave for both students and the professor.  I would like to get/add a test student within the course.F...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The fill in the blank question style is awesome! For the complex terms I cover in class the goal is to build familiarity with large set of vocabulary and how terms are related.  One challenge has been that each blank has to have its own set of distra...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set a different room number (location) for each section in a cross listed course, when creating a calendar event. I only see a single location box when posting "Use a different date for each section". I would assume most multi section course...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Can we randomize the order of questions given for students taking a quiz?  I know we can randomize the answer choices but how do we randomize the question order?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to go between grade levels when creating an assessment from the item bank?  I am needing both 7th and 8th grade skills.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where on canvas can I find the respondus monitor?reason is that I download the respondus lockdown browser and attach my webcam to my laptop but it did not work; I don't know what I did wrong. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you program canvas to automatically send an email to everyone in a class reminding them to complete the online quiz or turn in an assignment an hour before it its due?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to build a group in specific group tab

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,This issue just start a week ago on my Chromebook.. When I log into Canvas, like usual, the images of my classes are struggling to complete its loading process. I say struggle because I can see three empty columns trying to load but what I see ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I recently switched computers and when I got on my new one it won't load my messages and my module icon and home icon would show at all.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can only export my entire calendar with all my classes. No matter if I only have one class selected in the calendar, whenever I download the .ics it shows all of my classes and their assignments. I want to download each class individually. Is there...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks like I can add assignments to mastery paths after the class has started, but I'm having trouble getting the respective students to automatically be assigned to the new assignment.  Right now, after adding the assignment and adding it to the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable or download the lock down browser in order to take quizzes and exams?  Is there a specific app to download onto the iPad?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas auto-save a student's work? A few of my students reported that there work from the previous day that had not yet been submitted has disappeared. Is there a way to recover it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies