Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello Support,I am a student in the Wharton Management Development Program. I am on a very tight schedule at work and request for an extension till 4pm Sunday 24th July for submission of my Module 1 Capstone project.Thank you for your understanding.R...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are the major advantages of the Canvas Learning System vis-a-vis Blackboard? I know that much has been made about the need to migrate from the latter to the former. However, it would help to understand why the migration has been worth the effort...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am leaving my institution in a few weeks. I've created several Canvas Courses that already have students enrolled. I have added my replacement as a teacher to the course. I'm worried that when my user profile is deleted, the course will also...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As we move into our second year using Canvas, I wonder the best way to remove access for non-returning students (graduates and others who did not re-enroll).We would like to maintain an archive in Canvas with Gradebooks and rosters intact, but when w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Scenario: I have a very large enrollment class with multiple TAs. I would like each TA to be assigned a randomly selected group of students to grade (discussions, assignments, quizzes, etc.)As a simple example, Suppose I have 90 students and 3 TAsStu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The public course hosted in my Canvas instance does have a course image and it does load on the Dashboard for the enrolled course users who login with their Canvas account. However the image does not load when it is accessed by public users. I read a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is written: "If you don't want to create a new CSV file, you can always download the CSV from Canvas" (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-import-grades-in-the-Gradebook/ta-p/807). However when I clicked on the link, the p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Aloha,I uploaded a file and tried to submit the assignment and it is giving me an error "Submit failed, please try again". I did try again but the same error. Please assist as soon as you can.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, hope you are well. I have difficulties in inserting images into my reply to discussion board. It keeps saying 'something went wrong, check you connection, reload the page and try again'. I have tried for several times, pretty sure internet ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to add a 2nd instructor to the course, and the + People button is not highlighted. How does one get the +People button to highlight to use it?How do I add the 2nd instructor?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to see my old, previous courses I took in Fall 2021 but I am not sure how to look for them in Canvas. I am currently not enrolled in any courses now because I am not taking the Summer quarter, but I still want to look at my past enrollmen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,If my canvas course is published, can the students then view the course contents? Do I need to do anything else to make it visible to students?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm designing a course that will be offered across multiple schools, to one or two students at each of these schools. In the past, I have designed a separate section for each school, but a key part of this course is letting students from different sc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I watched the demo and think the Canvas program is great.  I got frustrated trying to figure out what I need to do to make a course accessible for others to use.  If I am a subscriber and create a course, can I export it to Blackboard or Schoology t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a freelance teacher. Whenever I post an assignment or quiz in my canvas teacher account, My students don't get a notification on their email, so most of them miss checking the posted assignment.Please help if I can enable any settings to send the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Recently we migrated content to a new video server.  The existing (old) links in our Canvas courses were not converted.  I am looking for providers who can automate the process of converting the old links (Knowmia) to the current video service provid...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My pharmacy school students will be working with external hospitals, clinics, and doctors.Is it possible to add these individuals (hospitals, clinics, and doctors ) to canvas using their personal emails? eg gmail, company email, hotmailMy goal is to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to install Microsoft Teams meetings LTI using this Client ID (879209990040549), but Canvas couldn't find an LTI configuration ID of this like. I got this from @codytitmus post (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Admin-Blog/Microsoft-Te...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Under Files, I have set limited permission to students to view files. i.e. only student with a link.My queries below:1. How do the students get the link? Or where do I get the link for them? 2. Is there any way to set an individual file folder for ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does it work

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Quiz for Unit 1 is listed but not appearing at the end of Unit 1 and before Unit 2.  Please clarify. Thank you,Sally Gearhart,ESL Instructor, SRJC 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I start typing in the "Report a problem" box, I inevitably have to reference a specific term or location and ofter when I navigate back to the Report text box, the pane closes and I lose my message. I am learning to type out my case on a Google ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have laptop only and canvas student.Kindly advise me the simplest way to submit on canvas 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to fill out my IRB application and am having issues creating more space/lines to type in information to the posted questions. Also, I am having issues printing out the feedback annotations on a document for reference when editing my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear community,I am the designer as well as the teaching assistant of my MOOC. However, when I access the badge page, it reminds me of accepting the updated terms of service. After checking the "read and agree" box, I have typed the "continue" button...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, There is some confusion among our students as the notification they receive on the right of their screens for assignments shows as follows (July 19 at 12:15pm). This 12:15pm is actually the due time but students see this and think that thei...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am trying to log in to account and apparently my password is not recognized.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How's the best way to handle an assignment where students turn in partial sub assignments towards completing one larger assignment, which would allow me to provide grades for the sub assignments along the way and still allows students be able to tell...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am privy to the login help, however I can access canvas on my phone and tablet but not my computer using the same password. How do I call a representative to help troubleshoot?  I followed the password reset prompts but to no avail and did not rece...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have already embedded a slideshow as a PDF and it is in line with the link (I can see it on the page).  However, I would like to resize the width and canvas doesn't seem to allow this.  Could someone help?  I think I did this earlier because one of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies