Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, Canvas team, We have encountered a problem. We know that in the "enrollment_dim" table, there is "type" column to differentiate "StudentEnrollment", "TaEnrollment", and "course_id" to see which course the students and teachers are enrolled, as we...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two classes I had last term were incompletes, and I need to go back to access these two courses. How do I access past term classes, and can they be available from the dashboard? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to retake the test in modular 7. My instructor, Tom Dominguez, unlocked the quiz for me tp retake the test, but I do not know where or how to navigate the web page to retake the test. Can you help me? Bobbie GonzalesMaster Gardener Programgogo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi thereWanted to know if there was a way we can change the preset fonts and colours within the Headings 1-4 within our course pages so they can align more with our organisation (rather than having to change them each time we are creating content)? t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, Canvas team, We have encountered a problem. We want to know the role of a specific "user_id". We are able to find the "user_id"  in the "user_dim" table and role "name" in the "role_dim" table? But we haven't found any key to join the two tables ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several activities that are not quizzes, but it doesn't appear that Canvas allows instructors to rename "quiz" as a different activity. It's very confusing to students when everything (whether it's a test, exam, or any other activity) always s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an Canvas admin. We have an LTI 1.1 tool in place on our Canvas, and we wish to change the name that appears in the left-hand nav . The external tool was configured via URL  I would like to ask if we have the vendor change the Common Cartridge X...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My organization is asking me to provide justification for migrating our campus from Blackboard to Canvas and I'd like your assistance.Aside from "look and feel" differences and "it's so user friendly and much easier to use" aspects, can any of you he...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - My university is in the process of migrating to Canvas and we're developing templates for each program, but we're not sure about the best way to implement them. The easiest, of course, would be to set a course shell as a template within each ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to edit the "grading notes" of a quiz AFTER students have taken it? The only editing option I see is "edit a copy" of the quiz. Context: I have an error in my grading notes that I use as an answer key and I want to change it so t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I assign a user to be the Sub-account Administrator? I set up an Account Role called "Sub-Account Admin" with hopes to assign this to a user in the Sub-Account "Field Training" but for the life of me I can't find the steps to do this.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi thereI'm curious if it's possible to set up prerequisites and requirements based on non-sequential completion. For example, I would like to have the first two chapters of a course completely accessible to start a course for a student but have the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to implement Mastery Paths. I am able to find a lot of information about using them, but none about how to actually start. How can I "download" Mastery Paths, or assign my quizzes "to" Mastery Paths?Long story short, I don't see anything ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up a Canvas page (to start with). It is part of an assignment. I have a canvas page that our instructor communicates to students, but we are to set up a Canvas page ourselves. Can you help me know where to get started? Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I create an assignment in Canvas using New Quizzes, I have always been able to see "Time Spent" on the assignmment after students submit and I view in Speedgrader. Recently, all submitted work for all students shows everyone as "Time Spent" bein...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a noncredit student and all of my courses in my dashboard and all of my course history has disappeared. I've tried clearing my cache but no luck. I am stuck and can't figure out who to contact for this kind of support. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have installed LMS from Bitnami on AWS EC2 instance. Everything is working just fine. But when I am trying to add new user LMS does not send notification email to users. I ensured that outgoing_mail.yml is corrected. It has something to do with ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I require about peer review is this task must be solved or not and is this assignment and have grades?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have this bug where some of my answers while I was taking the quiz are different when I checked them at the quiz results. For example, my answer in item no. 4 is the 4th choice out of 4. But when I check the results, it says that my answer for the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have the Manually Post Grades option selected. However, I am not sure if students can see the assignment comments while the grades are hidden? I understand the marks and comments in the rubric are hidden, but not sure if the assignment comm...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students are usually adding sound recordings or mp4 movie uploads. Sometimes, in the browser, i can play it right in the file section. Sometimes, it only forces me to download and doesn't load any preview. I can't seem to find any consistent reaso...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I finished the course and need help with getting some type of information stating that I have finished the course. I would appreciate some information.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I see which sections an announcement was sent to?  And also see who has read it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I start then resume a quiz at another time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Canvas team, Could you please provide us with Canvas Data STAR Schema ESD Diagram which can help us to understand and link all the datasets? Thanks.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have over a 150 students in my "PEOPLE' section.  Shouldn't I only have the names of the students in my particular class?  Thank you, Julia A. Munoz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I go to my dashboard at a specific time on Monday to view a lecture? GMS5605. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies