Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was trying to copy my course content from this year to next year's course and accidentally did the opposite. How can I get the content from this year back that I lost? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a professor reaching out to me regarding her doctoral students canvas page for this summer. She has all her dissertation students in one class, but only a select group of them need to submit an assignment. She has put the students that need to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!How do you track the shared content you sent to your colleagues? I sent some files to a few of my colleagues a couple of weeks ago and now I want to track what exactly I sent and can't find the history of the shared content. Does anyone know wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I think I know the answer to this, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.Is there a way, within a course, in the "Files" area, to determine what folder a specific file is in. I know that I can go to files and search and it will find the file, but it doesn't ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I get noticed about plagiarism in terms of coloured (green, yellow, and red) marks in the gradebook columns of each assignment. Since these are not clickable, I don't know how to find WHAT is causing the different colours? Also, occasionally, there i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I enter grades for a skills lab?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to mark papers on speedgrader - I am a student marker and therefore do not have control over the module page. However, it keeps telling that the papers that are assigned for me to mark have already been marked and have been sent in fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I batch upload individual start files for each student? I know that it is possible to batch download for grading and then batch upload the graded files. But what if I want each student to start with a slightly different file that I upload? If ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, Looking to get response from expert available here, will be highly appreciated. I started creating Rubric and I noticed Rubric is just adding up the marks. Is there any way to perform different calculations like subtractions, average these ...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have created a captivate 2019 VR 360 tour .    I need to place it in a lesson module so that students can open it on their computer or phone and work through the tour.  I published the lesson as a zip file, and then loaded the file into the module....

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

InstructorHow come only some of my modules have a drop-down where I can add stuff to the page? In the picture, I am trying to add something to module 5, but I no longer have the drop-down box? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to shrink the banner which appears underneath elementary subjects? The banner takes up a lot of space on the Chromebook screen.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I have a question regarding assignments and/or grade book.Can I create groups and subgroups of assignments? For example:The group is called Attendance, and it is the average of X subgroups called "Class1, Class2,...,ClassX"Each subgroup can hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm a developer of an external tool and a college successfully installed and is using my tool in their regular account.  They asked whether the external tool should be available in all of their sub-accounts; they have a separate sub-account in Can...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have scheduled appointments for students in the Calendar, which I can see but they cannot.  I have their class checked.  I have used these tool multiple times, first time I've had this problem.  Any ideas? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the school on canvas? I am attending lac but it displays piece college?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is the second time since last week after noon time I am unable to open student assignments via speed grader.Is there any reason for it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I respond to a student that responded to another student in the redesign and how to I get the black dots to change automatically after I read replies? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I need to pull students photos from Canvas in order to create a sign in page for a program I am running. Every time I go into their profile and try and copy or save the photo, it either saves a grey avatar or it saves the entire page. Is there ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to learn how to import new users via CSV. We do not use an SIS. After I import them as users, I will be adding them to a course as students. When I try uploading a test users CSV, Canvas tells me that the import has been successful, with n...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are all Teacher and TA users automatically assigned to all of the Groups created? More specifically, if I wanted to post an announcement to an assigned group, would all Teacher and TA roles get that notification every time?My team is changing to Canv...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I view quiz submissions of second attempt as the teacher if the course already concluded?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need instructions on how to accept canvas, can you help?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello, in the canvas quiz something happening, i can not put in the asnwer right, it was loockt. something was wrong whit canvas in the moment.i tried, and when my task comes back, i see that was right answer from me i put in, but i get wrong in cred...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There must be a better way! I've been tinkering with enhanceable content tabs all afternoon and just cannot get them to work right.Question 1:In this post, @john_torrent was able to get the tabs on the bottom. It looks like he just moved the #fragmen...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The backticks to mark a blank in a question doesn't work for multiple characters, like asterisks or brackets. I'm working on fill-in-the-blank questions for a computer programming course and the inability to use those characters make fill-in-the-blan...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

If the placement of the highlighter tool in Speedgrader was moved to the right of the page under the "Highlight Annotation" button it would make it much faster to change colors. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to duplicate a question in a different form.For example duplicating a multiple choice question into a numerical category? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am curious if anyone attempted to use the What-if feature on publisher assignments like Cengage, MH, and etc. I have a student attempting to enter score for a MH assignment, but can't.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies