Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi everyone, I am working with a Registered raining Organization. Our all assessments are competency-based. We normally create quizzes with multiple "Essay Type" questions and grade them as 'satisfactory/unsatisfactory'. In case a student attempts 8 ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor embedding Google Slides that have been published to the web.  I want them to fill a Page and resize responsively. I already have this part set up in the code and have removed the bottom navigation bar from the slideshow. I notice t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering if there was a way to populate quizzes using the .csv upload feature. Looking at the canvas import package, it looks like it lets me upload accounts, courses, groups, logins, sections, etc., but I was wondering if there is a way to up...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to pull a report from the permissions tab showing the roles and permissions granted to them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We've noticed that somewhat recently when we export an ePub from canvas, it doesn't correctly code   's as spaces. The result is as such: As coded in the course: ...dancing. They... As coded in the ePub: ...dancing.They...  This requires ma...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Frequently (maybe once or twice a week?) I go to the canvas app to check a notification and am asked to search for my institution and sign in again. Every time this happens, I get a duplicate notification with every push notification. So if I had to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created a couple of groups in my course, and I want to assign a different quiz to each group. However, though you can assign an assignment to a group, the same option doesn't exist when setting up a quiz. I even tried setting up an assignment ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I post an assignment using the Student Annotation feature, my students experience their pdf files turning black.  This is happening to individual pages, not the entire pdf.  Example: page 2 of 5 is black, but the others are fine.  This is also h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to edit a pending invite to make sure the email address is the correct one that was sent? Or even view the email that was entered and sent to a student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I found a hidden game in canvas and am wondering how many are there?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about Canvas Quiz and Timed Quiz. If I have the exam open for students for 24 hours but they only have like 120 minutes to do so would the system kick them out after 120 minutes in Canvas when the exam opens? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you please help me figure out the best way in Canvas to do what I want to do?   I have 3 groups who are each creating a presentation and submitting it to me in Canvas (as a group assignment) for a grade (which I know how to grade, as a group or i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

my canvas is not working  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but when I go to edit rubrics, I can't seem to find the five check boxes that used to be there. For instance the check box option to "Use this rubric for assignment grading" or "Remove points from rubric...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, I'm on CANVAS all the time, and with their mostly white theme, that can give some annoying eye strain and headaches. When can we get a dark mode?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Canvas - Classic Quiz feature provides an extensive support with the APIs as documented here - https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/. Considering that the "Classic Quiz" is going to be replaced with the "New Quiz" feature in the near future;  Will ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student, and I first noticed this issue yesterday. If I create an event, it will not save or display the time of the event. This function still works for tasks. All previous events still show the times they were created with. There is no differ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are students able to send emails from their student email? I've had professors ask me to email them from my student email, but I don't know how to access it or send emails from it. If anyone knows, please let me know!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I keep my inbox open in a separate tab at all times?  I have to get in and out of courses and it makes it difficult to email students about issues in the course when I can't toggle back and forth between them. I always have to get out of the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My professor had unlocked an assignment for me to resubmit a corrected version of my paper but it's not allowing me to resubmit.  Is there a way for me to do so? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

s there any way that I can provide the accommodations once and apply them to each quiz, or do I need to go into each quiz separately and apply the accommodations. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to see if we can set up a way of uploading work after lessons. Tasks are set during lessons and I want the pupils to quickly upload this work so I can view it. Any ideas on how this can be done? Thanks in advance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to manage the grading policy at the admin level? I seem to only see the options of manually or automatically setting grades at the assignment/teacher level.   help if you can,   Anthony

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A 30-question assignment was created with each question worth one point. The assignment is worth 100 points. Will a student only get 30 points if they answer each question correctly, even though the assignment is worth 100 points? Or does Canvas adju...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm trying to determine whether it is possible for a student to see their Outcomes achievements as a whole for a program. I know students can see the Mastery Learning by course. In the scenario I'm proposing,  Outcomes are used and applied at a progr...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I can not find the uploading SLR for the One click course. Please send an answer if anybody know. Thank you, Bushra.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set an assignment for my class. All except one student, who was experiencing connection trouble, successfully submitted their answer (typed directly as a text entry). I changed the due date on the assignment to give that one student more time, but ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Typing the letter N in the latex editor adds a new line above the edit controls behind the editor window rather than typing the letter n. Workaround: Type the letter n in the "Directly Edit LaTeX" section where it needs to me. This occurs in discussi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone. I'm trying this: 1) Export a quiz via export course content - quiz - select quiz, 2) Edit the xlm file for the questions (change some olds links for new links), and, 3) Update the quiz via import course content - QTI .zip file. In step 3...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can recent announcements be included in the Front page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies