Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We are in the process of migrating to Canvas and can't yet test the Teams Meetings LTI. I have found lots of recent information on how to schedule Teams Meetings via the link in the course menu, but no screenshots or recordings showing me how student...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can quiz access code be accessed when there is no one readily available to provide it before the deadline to submit?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiSo we have quizzes ssetup using the New Quizzes method, yeah I know we cant get the responses downloaded from them.So the section was allocated to the quiz, but when the tutor goes into moderate it, it shows every student who has ever been on the c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I, as the faculty member for a course, do the quiz I've designed for the students to test for any "bugs in the system" - before it is published and released for students. I haven't used the quiz function before so this is all new to me. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi team,I was trying to pass some HTML code to display some styled text under each user's notes. (The image attached)However, it shows the HTML tags as well, so is it possible to display some styled text on this page?Kind regards, 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, please I need help on how to navigate canvas. How can I see assignment, announcement, and how to access everything like I used to do in Blackboard? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student took a quiz and completed the quiz. However, under Moderate this Quiz, the timer is still counting for only her. Any ideas why?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We're going through an LMS RFP and are putting Canvas through its paces. We've currently got Ellucian ILP configured and things seem to be working ok so far. We're trying to figure out how to get nested sub-accounts to work for ILP-created course sec...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am on the dashboard and click on grades, I see the grades from previously completed courses. How do I hide the grades so I only see the current class grades? I have hid the courses on the dashboard view, but they do not go away on the grade vi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, the "act as" feature is limited to Canvas Admin. Is there a way for the feature to be given to the subaccount admin? We want to provide building leaders the ability to ac as teachers/students in their spaces without having to provide compl...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I click the link that our teacher attached in the modules, it shows access denied but my classmate can open the link.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm able to use the create calendar events API for a course without any problems, but when I add child_event_data to my JSON to specify a section I get an error.Does anyone have an example of how the JSON should be formatted please as I don't unde...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have received a report from a faculty member who says one of their students submitted a document via Google Drive and the formatting was changed / messed up upon submission.Are there any known issues with formatting when submitting documents via Go...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to write comments when grading 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm getting this message when I try to integrate Flipgrid into Canvas. I can see the video submissions on the Flipgrid website, but when I try speedgrader in Canvas I get the following message and I cannot grade my student submissions.LTI Launch Erro...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are having to restrict access to quizzes between dates for teachers. The scenario is that a teacher should only have access to a quiz when the students start the quiz and their access to grading the students and the test should end after 6 days. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I transfer. copy a 4-week Canvas course that I created for college and transfer it to my work canvas platform?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I just finished my semester and I'm having difficulty finding my grades / final once the semester has closed. I did some research, and it says to click on grades then you will see an area to find concluded grades - however I don't see this ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone!I am trying to advise our faculty on the creating the following type of assignment. We have weekly prep guides for our doctoral students. Faculty want these to be graded as complete/incomplete. I have them all in a weighted assignment gro...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas is still showing my spring classes.  How do I get my summer semester to show up?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My course at Massasoit Community College, Beginning French 1,MLFR101-W20,  begins on Tuesday, May 31.Can I publish it today, and If so, can I change the available dates for assignments to today, May 30?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student Submissions This is a report of all students enrolled in a course in a given term who have turned in an assignment. This report contains one row per student submissionHow can I enable the submission delivery report to track students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students click the link to their copy of a Google Drive Cloud assignment, does the link always go to the same doc, or does it make a new version of the doc each time they click the link?Say, for example, I have students working on a Google Drive...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best way to set account roots as an administrator?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am interested in taking a more advance workshop that allows the participant to build a course and get step by step feedback so that the participant can then lead other faculty in their department to use the tool and help troubleshoot issues. Does a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So have been developing an application to manage courses and grant users permissions to said courses and was able to throw together a UI that creates a course, sets-up up content migration and adds a primary and secondary teacher to the course.Doing ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Quiz has been set with a 3 day window.  Not time limited.Some students have completed the quiz.  Some have started it but not submitted.  A few hours before the closing window time is reached, the teacher then extends the availability by a further 72...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies