Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Although the moderated grading feature allows multiple graders to enter scores, it does not have the capability to collate those scores.  We are not able to get an average score from all the graders or a summary of the individual rubric scores for ea...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi team,Is there possible I override the conversation area with a rich text editor and show styled text with HTML in the inbox message.For example, it will have some bold text in the inbox message like this TEST or UNDERLINE.Kind regards

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to complete an assignment via Lock Down Browser and it has advised me of the following response when I try to access the assignment."Error: Unable to continue.-Exam title indicates a webcam must be used. but the course is unknown to o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I save my canvas content into the canvas cloud?  I would prefer it be accessible only by me.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz with unlimited attempts, and the take the quiz again button is not showing up. How do I get it back?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the course is not in the drop down menu. Therefore the email address for the instructor not matching. Please help. The course that I am taking is Biol 2301 instructor Sairah saeed at katy compus

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, What's the email address for Canvas support?, not the link within Canvas but the real email address?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I love working with Canvas support and appreciate how quick they are to respond, but have one piece of feedback that I am hoping to validate with others users before I put in a feature request, it may just be a personal preference on my side.  Basica...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I view assignments that are revised and resubmitted? How do I distinguish them from the first draft assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a new computer and am trying to sign in to Canvas. It is saying I have the wrong password. I have requested to reset several times over the last 24 hours. I have checked inbox, spam and trash. Nothing!!! How can I get in????

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you use the "Calendar Feed" URL option to export the Canvas calendar you can only export 30 days.  Anyone figure out how to copy an entire school year's calendar?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make grading transparent to each student in Canvas, with possible course points and percentage of possible points for each student throughout the course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know Canvas can drop the lowest/highest score in an assignment group. Is there any way to have it drop the OLDEST score?At our institution, all students are allowed two attempts for assignments. The second attempt is voluntary: students can resubmi...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, Colleagues. It can be challenging to make attractive Canvas pages - especially for novice users. I've put together a handful of tips you may find useful for increasing the overall appearance of your course pages within a publicly accessible Canva...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If we set up a Free Canvas Instructure account to upload our Diploma course on for students, is this secure or would we need to pay for a platform?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the process of migrating to Canvas and can't yet test the Teams Meetings LTI. I have found lots of recent information on how to schedule Teams Meetings via the link in the course menu, but no screenshots or recordings showing me how student...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can quiz access code be accessed when there is no one readily available to provide it before the deadline to submit?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiSo we have quizzes ssetup using the New Quizzes method, yeah I know we cant get the responses downloaded from them.So the section was allocated to the quiz, but when the tutor goes into moderate it, it shows every student who has ever been on the c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I, as the faculty member for a course, do the quiz I've designed for the students to test for any "bugs in the system" - before it is published and released for students. I haven't used the quiz function before so this is all new to me. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi team,I was trying to pass some HTML code to display some styled text under each user's notes. (The image attached)However, it shows the HTML tags as well, so is it possible to display some styled text on this page?Kind regards, 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, please I need help on how to navigate canvas. How can I see assignment, announcement, and how to access everything like I used to do in Blackboard? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student took a quiz and completed the quiz. However, under Moderate this Quiz, the timer is still counting for only her. Any ideas why?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We're going through an LMS RFP and are putting Canvas through its paces. We've currently got Ellucian ILP configured and things seem to be working ok so far. We're trying to figure out how to get nested sub-accounts to work for ILP-created course sec...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am on the dashboard and click on grades, I see the grades from previously completed courses. How do I hide the grades so I only see the current class grades? I have hid the courses on the dashboard view, but they do not go away on the grade vi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, the "act as" feature is limited to Canvas Admin. Is there a way for the feature to be given to the subaccount admin? We want to provide building leaders the ability to ac as teachers/students in their spaces without having to provide compl...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I click the link that our teacher attached in the modules, it shows access denied but my classmate can open the link.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm able to use the create calendar events API for a course without any problems, but when I add child_event_data to my JSON to specify a section I get an error.Does anyone have an example of how the JSON should be formatted please as I don't unde...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have received a report from a faculty member who says one of their students submitted a document via Google Drive and the formatting was changed / messed up upon submission.Are there any known issues with formatting when submitting documents via Go...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies