Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-use-the-Canvas-Data-Portal-for-an-account/ta-p/261      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There is no reaction when pressing the tab "Subject" and "Accounts" in the left hand side; when pressing the tab "dashboard", it shows all blank and no content.   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We are an LTI tool provider and are trying to determine whether we can create multiple placements of the same type within a single developer key. For instance, can I create two "Course Navigation" placements, each with a unique title and Targe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello all, I'm making accordion content structures for my homepage. I know how to make the code for the accordion: <details style="background: #F8F4EC; color: #7C2529; border-bottom: 1px solid #E4D5B9"><summary style="background: #C8102E; color: #FFF...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to insert our saved comments as annotations on a submission within speed grader or are comments in the library only shareable through the comments box. It would be much more helpful for the student to see exactly where these comments a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can images be used as part of a question in New Quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

In working with a professor today and showing her the plug-in icon in order to access Panopto, she told me the plug-in icon means “drug dealer” on social media. She then told me her young son died of fentanyl overdose after buying it via social media...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, My university has just switched from D2L to Canvas.  There are some pluses to Canvas, but there are also some D2L functions that I miss! My latest issue is that I have rubrics that are attached to assignments, and I would like to detach them ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can we set an Enrollment Duration for students entering a course without an end date? For example, students access the course, which activates their enrollment in the course, and sets an expiry date when the individual student’s enrollment expire...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! This is a beginner's question, but how are users vs. enrollments calculated when it comes to tracking numbers for an account? I understand the differentiation between users and enrollments to be multi-course versus single-course, but not sure how...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, My name is Lathal459. I was wondering if it's possible to make my own final exam practice test on canvas or on Microsoft word? I have had an anxiety test issue since I started back as a current student.  And my last test 3 was very awfully bad...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had students telling me they have resubmitted assignments but when I check the grade book, nothing new is there. I finally went into speed grader and checked, and there it was. The color wasn't different (green like a new submission) or anything...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I do like to create a pool where all students can answer independent of courses or sub-account. There is anyway? For example to create an announcement with a pool? like.... "What is your favorite fruit?" a) b)

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings, Due to some SIS limitations, our current school has a relatively flat SubAccount structure: School EDUBMLADCETC.... I'm adding a permission such as (EDU/BML admin) but due to our limitation I can't give them their own parent folder.If I a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Withdrawn students used to be able to see their withdrawn courses in Canvas, just not participate. We are receiving reports that these students can no longer see their courses at all on their Dashboard or in their All Courses. Is there a way to enabl...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I  was trying to find the course total average (this used to be easy in old canvas gradebook) and viewed the New Analytics page. There I observed that for several students, their course total average was different from what is displayed on my Grades ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can access canvas by google chrome, but I cannot access it by safari. I can use Google Chrome temporary, but I don't think it is right.   I have been using safari to access canvas for more than two years. This problem seemed to appear since last se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, A teacher in our school would like to collect data on how frequently a particular file in a Canvas course has been downloaded. The "User Access Report" found in Admin > Setting > Report seems to provide this, with columns for "Content Type", "...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My video says unable to process.  Why? I recorded it with the canvas Webcam. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of our instructors encountered the Select Rubric dropdown seen in the image below and was wondering why it was there. It is only showing up for one student's submission in the Speedgrader. I've never encountered this before and have not been able...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My community college is new to Canvas. We would like to set up a role for librarians. For those that have created a librarian role in their schools, what permissions have you granted? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please complete

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’m am trying to go back to some old courses and read through my work and I can’t find them all. Classes that I have taken a long time ago are showing up but classes I took last year won’t show up. I went to the all courses tab and the classes I’m lo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a form that the TEACHER completes?   I need to have a Teacher fill out a Progress Report for each learner when they sit down and have a meeting with them.  It's not tied to a Course, but to the Learner.   Even a repeatable su...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If the discussion is set to "users must post before seeing replies," is there a way to allow the students to still see replies from their instructor? Many of our instructors like to post a "starter post" in their weekly discussions but we have them s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

 Harvard Business School uses this in its modules. I have searched all LTI apps and can't find it. Has anyone seen similar? I found it a great tool for collaboration. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are having trouble with canvas on our ipad. We have been using it to access our children’s accounts since September with no issues. Now it won’t load eith of their accounts. We can’t see their dashboard, courses or anything. We have checked our se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm looking for an option to create a quiz (say 10 questions) and have the lowest score (like question #4) be dropped from the grade automatically. This could be in Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes. I know that the lowest quiz can be dropped, but is th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies