Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Any updates on whether we will be able to align outcomes to questions within an item bank?  I've seen previous posts regarding this inquiry, but nothing recently.  Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if a district admin can see district-wide student completion results in a blueprint course? Or results by school? There will be around 125 courses, and we simply need to track student completion (by unit if possible). So, for example x ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our LMS can integrate with REST APIs from the big LMSs, but Canvas is currently giving us grief.  We go through the steps that worked when we were developing the Canvas library for our system, but, now, we do not get the option to authorize the app. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  So I have comments disabled on announcements, but students can still reply to the email notification and posts (often sensitive information) for all to see. Is there any way to shut this off completely?  (Also, I wish the announcement emails wer...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Office 365 is not responding to Canvas. That is my error message when creating an assignment. I created it in Word and want to assign it in Canvas. Just started acting up this past week.  I have made the assignment in Google and Edge browsers but nei...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We need a way to automatically reduce students' final grades for unexcused absences.  The roll call tool doesn't allow for grade deductions and is based on a percentage vs straight deduction point/s.  We tried a workaround that adjusted the final gra...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to make the student watch at least 60% of the video - then completion will be enabled? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are announcements available to a specific group or every group? is there any way to send announcements to individual groups within a course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm a training manager, and we use Canvas for employee training. I am looking for a report that shows me the names of my course participants, with columns for each activity in a course (modules or quizzes) and the date on which each participant compl...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Quiz : editing a possible answer in Multiple choice as well as Multiple answer- when clicking on the pencil to edit it takes me to the top of the quiz not giving me the option to edit. This does not happen all the time but it is happening often enoug...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know when and if  New Quizzes will be getting a "question group" functionality as used in Old Quizzes for the circumstance below ? Specific use case:  In old quizzes, you can separate a test/quiz into different sections. A professor would...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz in new quizzes, how do I create question groups that draw randomized number of questions from pool?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In reviewing reports generated in the New Analytics Online Attendance, coming across the issue that there are numerous duplicates of the same student. In fact some students have more than 10 occurrences, same info and cannot explain why? I have attac...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For this feature to work in Canvas, must the teacher and students use the same google network?  For example, our teachers use our vendor's google drive and the students we teach use their school district google drive.  Do the sharing, copying, etc. f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently imported some additional content to my course. My grade book stopped working correctly as soon as I did, and I lost all my final grade calculations. I have since deleted that content and my grade book still have assignments that were delet...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there any way to sort grades by submitted or not? I want to go in and just grade a few early submissions and want to do a column sort by submitted or not. The pre-programmed sorts won't sort by submitted or not.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I enter some manual grades on Mindtap, and I thought that the grades will show automatically on the Gradebook (Canvas). However, it didn't happen this way. The column with the "Mindtap Assignments category with percentages keeps empty". What s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I searched, and if I missed it I apologize. I'm writing the LTI Advantage portion of our integration.  If the Tool creates the lineitem, a gradebook item and assignment is created.  Currently when I create the assignment, it is automatically publishe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have found that students are no longer able to see feedback information on graded assignments after the assignment close date.  We use the open/close feature to automatically apply late deductions on assignments past the due date but to not allow s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am following the OAUTH flow, getting the code, then using that to get an access token.  However, the access token I get back does not work.  I have a feeling I am doing something wrong here, but am unclear what.  I have looked for other similar iss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am attaching a video of the following: When previewing a quiz, I select the answers and click "Submit Quiz" which then causes the page to refresh infinitely. See the video attached. I have noticed this bug since a long time now but never really rep...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am trying to find Microsoft Teams in canvas so i can see which groups i am assigned into but i cannot find it. my professor said this "Go to your Microsoft Teams page for your team" but i cannot find it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have only two options in gradebook - enter as points or enter as percentage. I have selected 'enable course grading scheme' in settings but it is not showing for one assignment in gradebook (it is showing for the first assignment). What do I need t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My courses don't have an "unpublish/publish" button in the top corner. So how do I unpublish?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As a student that suffers from perfectionism, I wanted to ask if there is any possibility to change and/or remove old nicknames from past enrollment courses. I found out that I can change the colors of old courses on the calendar tab, but nicknames w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-27-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello!  I'm having a really strange problem. Midway through this quarter, I was assigned a class. I set up different grade categories on PowerSchool for this class, and they showed up, and my grades are synching just fine for my new class...however, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is receiving multiple unwanted text notifications every day. She has all notifications  turned off, and she has removed her phone number from "Other Contacts" in settings. Still the text notifications persist. Any suggestions on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm new to Canvas and trying to set up a course that includes both live events such as a webinar and assignments such as quizzes. For both types I want to set time slots e.g. from 10.00 am to 11.00 am and I want these time slots to appear on both...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I can see a variation of this question has been asked a lot, but I still can't get this to work. How do you allocate an assignment for a sub-set of users. Note not a Group assignment, but assign to a Group. This video indicates this is possibl...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We have a Categorization question. The categories are Subject and Verb. The correct answers are chosen. When displaying the distractors we want them to show in the order they display in the question stem, not by capitalized words alphabetically and t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 Replies