Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi All, We're presently looking into the possibility of offering a course in partnership with a national organization.  This course would be offered via Catalog and may see 65k+ enrollments (25k bare minimum). Right now this is more a thought exercis...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have found the article that shows how to use an immersive reader in Canvas but there is not an article how to turn it on in your individual settings (which is how we find it at our institution). Am I missing the 'how to turn on?" article or can you...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When I create a Rubric, it has two elements: - Outcomes - Criteria I have not found a way to make a single Criteria or multiple Criteria roll up into an Outcome score.  This 1) doubles my grading effort 2) introduces the risk that I don't accurately ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how do you add a student to your class      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,   I'm trying to access the Admin Console for my college. However, when logging in, I see the error message "Single Sign-On Error". It then goes on to say, "We can't log you in because of an issue with single sign-on. Contact your Salesforce admin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Few subject teachers have given assignment and quizzes, appearing in schedule but on appearing at the right side bar. Is there any setting needed to be done? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have created a Partner Teacher role that has view-only permissions. We want this role to see only the grades of the students enrolled in their section, but they currently see grades of students in all sections. How can we accomplish this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We currently have enabled the (Canvas) Google Apps LTI in our production instance.  Several of our courses use the Collaborations feature in Canvas.  We have not enabled the External Collaborations Tool Feature Preview. We would like to move to the G...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to test how to import QTI files from Respondus 4.0 into New Quizzes. I cannot successfully import QTI files from Respondus 4.0 into New Quizzes. I can only import QTI files into Classic Quizzes. I'm concerned about the problem of "no new C...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share a previous semester canvas page with colleagues? I can't seem to add people to a former page anymore. Is there another way to add people?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using Chrome, I am unable to access gradebook through CANVAS - instead I get a blank page.  I have the same problem with Inbox.  Pictures below.  This happens when I use CANVAS at either of the two schools I teach for.  Restarting computer and cleari...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In order to access each module, you're required to complete and click the "done" button on the module, however, for one of the modules there is no button, and so I cannot access the rest of the modules in my class. Does anyone know what to do?   Than...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The guide "Taking a New Quiz" states students can save their progress on an untimed "new quiz" by clicking "return" then later "resume" and finish it later, however my students did just that in front of me and when they clicked resume it had not save...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have started using the New Quiz feature but It is not saving student work that they can "resume" later. Am I missing something? With Old Quizzes, students were able to exit out of the assignment and just finish later if they did not have time in cl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning! I have been asked to add campus events on the Blueprint/template course before it is pushed out for the next semester, so that the events will already be on all spring course calendars. I played with it in test but was unsuccessful.  Is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After manually concluded enrollment for a student the course disappeared from their Dashboard.Based on what I've reviewed in the help docs when cource enrollment is concluded the student should still be able to engage with the course in read-only mod...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Update my profile 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I am fairly new to canvas from the teaching side, and I am trying to find the possibilities to create an event on Canvas that is subscription-based. Meaning, the event has a limited size, and we're exploring options on how to let students r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  Is there a way to hide or disable the grade box for Inactive students in the 'Submit Grade' in Canvas? We use ILP  -  Canvas, and Ellucian  (Colleague)  to pass the grades from Canvas to SIS.  We are a new  Canvas client, and the Inactive sta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have given a quiz. The grades were mostly horrible. I am offering a make-up quiz with the understanding that I will take the highest of the two scores. (the original quiz score OR the score from the make-up quiz) How do I keep selected grades on th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would like to change the image that we currently have on our Canvas login page, for breakthru College. Can you please tell me how I can do this?  See attached. Thank you, Isabelle

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our college is new to Canvas and has discovered an issue that we are in a time crunch to solve. We have a capstone course that consists mainly of quizzes/tests that have to be passed in order for students to graduate. Our school has always allowed st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I saw PCC have this program and I am very interested. There is a total of 12 units. Does anyone know what's the estimated total cost and how long it takes to finish all 12 units? Thanks! I have been practicing yoga for more than 2 years as my hobby. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble removing the title of the "Term" that is shown on top of the side navigation area. When I go into Settings, it is not an editable area.  Please help!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have created several badges for my courses and I would like to include them in a report.  The attendance report doesn't include badges and the Canvas help file states that they are included in a "course report."  Where do I access course reports an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Roll Call, can the students see the badges that the teachers uses? What is the purpose of the badges? They do not show up on the attendance report? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a way to update or replace a rubric - lets say there's a typo in in - but students have been assessed against it - how can i update or replace the rubric? cheers

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to configure offline quizzes on Canvas? The student takes the quizz and the answers are uploaded the next time he/she connects to the Internet. Timing and # of tentatives would be the same as online quizzes. I'm the administrator of Ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I am trying to access the Canvas API via postman and getting the below error: {     "errors": [         {             "message": "Invalid access token."         }     ] }   I tried generating access token multiple times using Postman OAuth 2.0, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all! I help coordinate a lab with many TAs and have been hearing from a lot of them that the automatic late policy (10% reduction per day for up to two days after the due date) sometimes doesn't get correctly applied. Examples of this: •Student tu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies