Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm trying to create formula questions. Are there any ways to import formula questions using csv, like discussed in the below item?https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Can-I-upload-a-csv-xls-or-docx-file-as-a-quiz-question-bank/td...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Looking for a solution to allow students to turn in a draft and a final paper and grade both anonymously (without seeing student names.) We have students turn in a paper, get comments and a grade and then they turn back in a rewrite of the paper. If...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our Math Department is using the OneNote Class Notebook feature pretty heavily, and the issue of Parent Access has come up. There is a way to manually create guest and parent links for each student but I want to know if, as the Canvas Admin, I can se...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our student services department needs to pull holisitc progress reports for each student - these reports need to show each students' progress in ALL courses. Right now, as a subaccount manager and instructor in each course, I can only pull whole clas...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hice algunas grabaciones en Big Blue Button (version gratuita) y se generó el enlace sin problema para que los alumnos los vean. Sin embargo, pasaron apenas 3 días y ya lo enlaces para ver la grabación está inhabilitada. ¿Cómo puedo recuperarlas? ¿Cu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when completing student grading, any entered comments in the "Notes" column will not save.  They disappear if you refresh your browser or leave the grades Tab. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Bom dia,   Preciso criar um curso (disciplina) com vários subtópicos dferentes, cada um com um docente específico e materiais específicos.  Como posso fazer?   Obrigada, Cristiana Martins Translation from Google Translate: Good morning, I need to cr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to export Rubrics from CANVAS? If not would this feature be able to be implemented. Cheers, Alex

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm doing recovery packets and there are reviews and tests I'm suppose to take in Canvas to complete the packets. Where do I find these reviews and tests?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm not sure how to get started on the first assignment for my Canvas Certification course. How do I get to a "sandbox" and canvas shell? Also, is there a way to save where you are in the online course. It seems I have to start all over every ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I (an instructor) have created weekly modules and for most I have a requirement where "students must move through requirements in sequential order". For one week, I have an evaluation assignment that they must complete before submitting a group proje...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to Canvas's 2016 production release notes, the "Course Navigation Menu no longer collapses unless it is minimized manually by a Canvas user." That makes sense because apparently new students were having trouble knowing how to start and navi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't log in and the message it says should appear in my email is not there.  I checked the spam.  What can I do to help me get into my account.  Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all...is there a way to LOCK the module AFTER a certain date? I know we can lock UNTIL a certain date...looking for a way to lock the module AFTER a certain date... Thank you in advance for your time...Heather 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the past I used some Google Apps Script in Google Forms to make a survey question with 150 answers to choose from but we are implementing Canvas this year and I'm trying to determine if I can use classic survey and somehow for a multiple dropdown ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Change Outlook Password The secret key recuperation measure must be attempted when you have failed to remember your record's secret phrase, lost it or another person has transformed it. For some of you, it very well may be a troublesome assignment to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My school is uses Canvas for our clubs and I am one of the club presidents. Our club has its own dedicated Canvas shell and all officers are given the role of Teacher or Course Admin. We are exploring options for club voting ballots for a hybrid envi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to set a module to be published at a specified time, instead of having to do it manually? I like to have the relevant modules published immediately after each class session, and it would be good to be able to set it up in advance whe...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

First off, please forgive me if this question has been answered already.  I am new to using the Canvas guides.  As an adjunct instructor I teach at more than one institution. Is it possible to copy a course created at one institution to another.  If ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my question is the same as this one (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/My-canvas-is-not-loading/m-p/171007#M78490), which does not have an answer yet my dashboard looks like this whenever I log into canvas but it successfully l...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I find this whole online instruction very confusing, although I've been teaching on canvas for three semesters now. Is there anyway I can get some guidance?   Thank you. Barbara Kinney

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to import Google Classroom assignments, Docs, Forms, etc into Canvas without needing to have the students log into Google?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created an assignment (a quiz, technically), and used the "assign to" box to assign it to three course sections. I did not add a separate "assign to" box, so they should all have the exact same available and due dates, but when I go back to the ass...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am a student. I got an email from you today with a link to a course. When I open it all of the modules are greyed out and will not open. My computer and browser meet your standards and I tried turning off all browser security as well as opening in ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an administrator in a competency based school that uses standards grading in PowerSchool. We are adopting Canvas this year and trying to determine if the gradebook integration features will allow Canvas to pass back a standards grade to PowerSch...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach first grade and we used Canvas last year. Our grade level shared many pages, quizzes, etc. Is there an easy way to remove all shared content from last year to start fresh this year? I have been removing them one at a time, but it is a slow pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a question about the relationship of the score, kept_score, and fudge_points column in the quiz_submission_historical_fact table. When I was joining the table, I found out a interesting case where fudge_points is 0 and the assignment on...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am frustrated that I cannot create sufficient clarity in 'fill in the blank' quizzes because I cannot perform simple text formatting such as line breaks or even gaps between question elements.  It appears very clunky to the students and often downr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Attendance tool, and selecting Mark All Present for the class. One student (and only that student) is consistently left out as absent. I have looked at their profile, course, and section enrollment as an admin and all appears to be con...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Can anyone tell me how to setup Canvas Gradebook so we can see the results for each criterion in a task. Following this ... how can these reulsts be exported to another school Markbook?   Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies