Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a limit on how many member can enroll in a course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey folks! I'm trying to address a problem where instructors are making changes to syllabi and assignments in live courses when they should not. At my institution course content is prepopulated into each section prior to the start of the course and s...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

As an admin, I can't figure out why I am getting notifications when a new discussion thread is started in one course, and not another, when the settings look identical to me. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It must be something very simpl...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We will be creating all courses in Canvas approximately one month prior to the start of each semester via SIS Import from Banner to Canvas. We would like to provide our instructors a way to request that courses for which they are the faculty of recor...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It appears that discussions linked to in modules no longer have the previous/next buttons usually associated with them. Is this intentional, an upcoming feature, or other?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! The comment library is a great new feature in Speedgrader!  Will instructors' comments carry over from semester to semester? Thanks! Sarah

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all, we are using PUT /v1/courses/{id} api endpoint to delete and undelete a course. but when we call the api with json {"course":{"event":"undelete"}} it gives 401(Unauthorized error).  It is working fine before. Anyone know the workaround or ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi - I am a higher-ed faculty member and I'm new to CANVAS this Fall. I'm happy to see the integration with Google.  Previously I've built my courses using Google folders.  (One for the course overall, and one for each student to put their work into ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I support faculty that use the grade posting policies in thier courses to allow them to manually grade certain items before they are posted. If I read the excerpt below correctly, this means that un posted or hidden grades will not be reflected in th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are offering a self-paced asynchronous course which is open for users to complete throughout the year.  We are planning to have three different sections (Fall, Winter, and Spring) as completing the course makes users eligible to receive a continui...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just started using the Comment Library in Speedgrader. Please tell me it is not true !!! - I can only add one comment from the Library? After typing my own comments or entering one comment from the Comment Library - if I then choose another comment...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Up to this point I've been able to click on the View Feedback and have my assignment and instructor annotations come up within the Canvas Doc View. Now, for some reason, I'm forced to download the feedback.  This forced download also is occurring wit...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon everyone,  If this question is in the wrong forum I apologize; please move the question to the appropriate forum. I've found this information at IMS Global (https://site.imsglobal.org/certifications/instructure); however is it stated a...

Partner Partner
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a map of permissions for the Canvas API routes?  I am getting started configuring our Canvas instance and some of the integrations are requesting what I consider to be outlandish permissions - at least at a glance.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious here, but does anyone know how to retrieve quizzes and questions under a course and module via GraphQL in Canvas?  Basically we want to lookup a course, get all the items under that including quizzes ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,  I sent a few mails but no contact from infrastructure yet. We are a university and we're looking for some answers on licensing of a self-hosted Canvas. We have an instance / stack setup based on the open source version, but we would like to be a...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

For those Admins who have beta and test environments along with prod in Canvas.  My understanding is that beta updates completely on a weekly basis wiping out all data and configuration settings that may have been changed while testing.  So beta then...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow a student to change a question to another one if it is difficult for him?, I just want to make the quizzes more friendly to help students to get rid of tests anxiety

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, We are trying to configure and launch an external LTI app in a bitnami-hosted instance of Canvas. After configuring the tool according to online doc and configuring the dynamic_settings.yml as noted online, we are still unable to get it to work c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What exactly is lock_version in Module_progression_dim?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,      I am in the process of replacing the role on one of our service accounts. The account will move from "Account Admin" to a custom account that allows all the same API calls with the same responses. I have resolved most of the issues, but ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hoping someone may have a resolve or guidance for me! It was discovered in one of our courses there had been 2 modules created for the same assignment. After undertaking checks, we were able to delete one of the modules, ensuring that all students wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to include emojis in my assignment titles to help my kids navigate modules more easily. My concern is that I synch my gradebook directly to powerschool. It is summer, so I cannot check to see if having an emoji in the assignment title prevents...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a professor who teaches and researches about software engineering. I often co-teach courses. This leads to problems because Canvas does not warn if multiple people are editing the same content (e.g., the same page) at the same time and overwrite...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are using the Assignments API to generate a whole ton of assignments. I know that CSS is not an accepted language thru the API call (it basically ignores the whole call or ignores the entire description parameter if there is any CSS in there), but...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

connect to ICT conference by 9:00pm

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyway to be able to write text sideways and/or vertically? I know that there are several ways to do this nowadays with html5 and CSS with transform and writing-mode (and text-orientation) but it Canvas lms doesn't seem to allow any of these...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a module does not have any prerequisites or requirements, what does the "completed_at" in the Modile_progression_dim mean?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does it mean when submission_dim.submission_type is “unsubmitted”? For “unsubmitted” submissions, what does submission_dim.created_at mean?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies