Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am working on a project involving the unzipping of many .imscc files. The files I've opened so far, I've used 7Zip, which can unzip them, but always reports "corrupt headers." Makes me wonder if some of the data is missing- the courses, when loaded...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My assignments due times are always 11:59 pm. Students often submit their assignments while the clock reads "11:59 pm", but technically 11:59 pm ends at the stroke / beginning of 11:59 pm. Hence, the assignment is marked 11:59 pm, but also LATE. If I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What do I do if submitting a PowerPoint file keeps on failing, even after trying to compress it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have restricted folder + file access by using the option "Only available to students with link". So the whole folder including files are hidden for the student.   I have added one of the restricted files in my content, the student can open thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The information in this canvas guide does not work for me: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Community/How-do-I-log-into-the-Community-with-my-Canvas-account/ta-p/2985#.YIKCCkqx-pM.link Specifically, when I try to log in, the browser always returns ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, everyone,I created an ice-breaker group assignment for all the students. Most of the students can access the assignment except the students I added after the first day of the class.I can add new students to the collaborative list of the ice-break...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed a problem with the Canva API integration with Google Drive: I can't access the Shared Drives that are created in Google Workspace. I've contacted Google Support and they have answered me that their API supports this kind of integration (...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Suppose a course uses weighted grading categories, and a particular category contains a certain number of points--say 50 points--and is worth a certain percentage of the final course grade--say 20%. If extra credit points are added to an assignment w...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So my African American history teacher posted this thing in undated assignments.  It says no due date, when I click on it it says no content meaning I can't do anything. On top of that, it says available til tonight 4/22 11:59 pm- plus there's no sub...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a discussion board that students are posting to but I can't see their responses. I get the notification that they have posted, but when I click on the link to go to the discussion board, the board is blank. Two students have posted and I can't...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to make my home page look like this, but without the double navigation columns. Help please

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a page with a SCORM-driven interaction included in the last section. I imported the SCORM content as a page and can use an iFrame to place it on the page, but student view will autofocus to the SCORM content when loading. Can this be adjusted ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to propose the following feature, but I wasn't sure how to go about it:    New Math Quiz Feature - Sketch a Graph We would like to be able to embed graph paper into a quiz where students can draw a sketch of the graph using their stylus....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In one specific course, where I've recently uploaded a lot of content, I suddenly can not upload any new files.  Is it possible that I've maxed out my storage capacity for this course?  I was able to upload documents to it a couple of weeks ago, and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has there been a change in the way that Canvas syncs the "Missing" flag with Infinite Campus? Several teachers are reporting the fact that suddenly their Infinite Campus gradebook has items that both (a) have a grade and (b) are marked as "missing." ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi, I have weekly quizzes set up to be 30% of the total grade. The students have taken most, but not all of the quizzes, but when I look in the grade book, all of their grades for the "weekly quizzes" are in the 150 to 160% range? I have looked throu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am not able to edit/create terms in my canvas account, buttons are there but it doesn't seem to be working, can anyone look into it?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use Canvas to exchange knowledge and assignments between teacher and student. Sometimes quizzes are also used.We also want to use Canvas for an individual e-learning course. Students participate in their own time and pace. No teacher is involved. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, We already do the setup of Canvas with our tools. Unfortunately, we could not get the id token to redirect to our tools. But we already get all the data required to integrate Canvas with our tools(iss,logint_hint,target_link,lti_message). We keep...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, we need to update assignment due date for a specific student in a course using api route. Is there any api route that we can use to fulfill our requirement? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to import the Canvas Cartridge for the OpenStax Stats text.  When I login to OpenStax I can see the cartridge.  Then, when it prompts me to login to my Canvas institutional account it is no longer available.  Do I need to contact my instit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This student guide on how to set your time zone states that "If you set a time zone in your user settings, you can always view the course time zone by hovering over any date and time in your course. The text will show both the local time and course t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm attempting to download all the submission for an assignment but only the 1st submission a student makes downloads when I click "Download Submissions." If they make multiple submissions, they don't download. It's far too tedious and logistically i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know when you look at access reports for a student, you can see the last time they viewed something. I also know that I can see individual student engagement by the week on New Analytics. Is there a way to be able to see individual student engageme...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using the "Sort Student List--by submission status" but all of a sudden it is not working in SpeedGrader. Now, they remain sorted by students' names. What is the deal and how do I fix it? SUCH a pain to have to click through 175 students ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructor Samantha St. Claire I definitely don't want to miss any of your classes  or fall short?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Estimados, Su ayuda deseo agregar la opción chat a mi curso como lo haria? Saludos, Yrene

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear Nameless Entity, How do I access the Cabrillo Library database to get online access to various internet research sites? I used Google to search for Sociology of Gender papers, and found only abrstracts; to access the full research paper, require...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried my best to do proper DD here, but I don't see a specific answer to my question. Is it possible to create an admin role that only has the ability to access the "View Notifications" tab under "Admin Tools" without also granting that role edit r...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello-  I'm automating the archiving of our course content for our department using the Canvas REST API. So far I am VERY pleased! The only part that is not working is creating a new course export using the API.  I use https://canvas.cornell.edu/api/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies