Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello, I am an instructor. I'm not given an option to embed video when I click on the "Insert media" button in the rich text editor, only to link to course media or upload a video. I'm trying to embed a video from YouTube.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, My students, when enrolling in canvas instructure aren't given an option to create a password. I have them look at settings and there is not option to change the password in settings. The school is piloting canvas, but I'm not part of that an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to retake a Graded Quiz for Practice? For example, the student completes the Chapter 1 Quiz for a grade and scores 80%. Before the Midterm Exam, they want to retake that Chapter 1 Quiz for practice in preparing for th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the function of the microphone icon that has appeared to the left of the module titles/headings? I am an admin and it appears to have just shown up recently. The icon is also present in student view. I cannot find any reference to it in the m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In previous version of Canvas, announcements would simultaneously go to students email account.  How can I make that happen in One Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I' trying to create rubrics using the REST API.  I have a number of questions, but most seriously, I seem unable to give non-zero points to a criterion.  Here's the JSON that I have used to successfully create a rubric with one criterion: {"id":"1006...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I use zoom to record lecture, and do it though Canvas, is there a way that only some students (e.g. those with an approved absence) can view the link while others cannot?  Thank you so much!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning, I've hit this issue a few times and it is a bug in the canvas system that can be replicated. This only really occurs, if like me, you cannot use or choose not to use differentiated assignments.  Specifically if using the Turnitin LTI (n...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a problem when I use the new quiz feature. especially when I use a matching type of question.  when students answered the question, it turned Blank after they submit the answer. could you share some information or a problem solving about that....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our old LMS we had the ability to post general information in different areas on our dashboard page.  We had a tab for things like IT Tips and Resources, Library Resources, Virtual Learning Resources, etc.  Is there a way to add something like tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I grade competencies on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my canvas free for teachers no longer provides a file rename feature. thoughts?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have Immersive Reader turned on, and is available in Teacher view, but when in student view (and students) are unable to see the IR button on Pages.  I have IR enabled and locked at the Root level, am I missing something? Or is this a Canvas Suppo...

• 0 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I am currently unable to access my courses that are published during my current semester. The courses are greyed out even though they are published and the instructor says that they should be available to view. How do I access them?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to remove multiple students from a course?  I am wanting to reuse a course for the upcoming grade level and don't want to remove 180 students one at a time!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to hide/delete Announcements from the Home Page.  Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently getting an error when a specific role is attempting to 'Copy To' an announcement into another course. The role attempting to do this does have the Discussion create/moderate features but does not have the Course Content (add/edit/del...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There are serious limitations to syncing grades between Infinite Campus and Canvas. Specifically differentiation within canvas, and assignment naming requirements... limit our ability to fully use Canvas. What alternatives are there to getting the co...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Several students having issues with the app freezing and lagging often times inoperable any updates coming? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Rules and Conversions worksheet “1.5 TBSP medicine”  I am kindve confused how that answer was 22.5 help

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I perform quality assurance checks for courses in my department. I have noticed that sometimes when text is copy/pasted from Word into Canvas, quotation marks end up looking like the "smart" quotation marks, instead of the default ones (which are...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have an the instructor for an upper level course, which requires students answer essay questions.  While creating my exam in Canvas, I am trying to put the correct answers within the "general answer comment" box, so that when I grade the exams, I c...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm enrolled as a teacher. I can't see my students list in the "Grades" tab.  Am I doing something wrong?   Thanks for all you help! MJG

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The short version: is there a way to get the rubric scores to auto-update based on the gradebook score, or to upload a spreadsheet of rubric scores? I'm using the learning mastery gradebook, and one of our outcomes is calculated based on accumulating...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Our organization also has a rotating 6 day schedule. Each work week, the schedule rotates one day.  For example, our schedule is ABCDEF. Week one is ABDCE, Week two is FABCD, Week three is EFABC, etc.  How can we accomplish this in Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have uploaded a zillion images for my courses, and want to use them in other courses, but can't see them in the 'user images' section of 'Insert image'.. I can still see images from two years ago but not the ones I"ve just uploaded. Any hints? I ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is anything happening with repairing the bugs in text fields in new quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies