Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We use canvas quizzes for exams with question and choice order randomization. We want to export the student data for analysis, but most of the answer choices are embedded latex or images. Thus when we view the student report, the entry in the csv is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Don't receive confirmation text message when trying to sign up for notifications. I am a student, but I don't get the text message and I have retried sending it multiple times. I also tried using another person's phone number and they didn't get the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone experienced a problem sharing Item Banks with other teachers in New Quizzes?  I seem to be unable to do so.  When I click on +share, and type in a name, I just get the spinning wheel of death.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying to enroll in the course called Ohio Standards for Educator Preparation which is supposed to be fully independent, but it keeps saying their was an error processing my enrollment. What should I do? No one else in my class has proble...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is in reference to querying Canvas data with SQL. Where/what field and table contains if a module is published to student view? When one views a course as student, one can see published modules. I need a count of this. The following query gives ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having difficulty uploading and then accessing the OpenStax testbank.  I have tried uploading as QTI (the file is zipped) and it uploads but then is not visible anyway, not in Quizzes or in "available test banks"- I have also tried uploading as ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a course with 11 Discussion Groups.  Students post responses to Discussions for that week - i.e., over a 14-week semester, they are posting to (at least) 14 Group Discussions. Each week, I review their posts.  I'd like to account for that revi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an ID student who is creating a course in Canvas for school. I'm having trouble removing horizontal and vertical scrollbars from Google Forms surveys as well as embedded video. Some of my course pages have this ugly double scrollbar look that ma...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Developing an application that needs to know the logged in user id when linking from the module to the paged served by the LTI external application. Integrated the OIDC flow and redirects the response from successful id_token creation to the link 'my...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Canvas as a way to organize, track, and grade only.  My students do not have email addresses.  Is there any way to bypass this requirement when adding students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is this a MathJax rendering error or am I doing something wrong? Why is the extra space so long? When I right click on the expression, the render settings are:   Finally, the TeX expression in the question is: Here more examples of the same issue:...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Today's students struggle to navigate Canvas because, unlike the people writing the content, they are not readers. Immersive reader needs to be integrated in every part of this Learning Application.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to name the downloaded submission files prior to downloading them?  I know I am able to go into the download section of my computer and rename the folder that way, but it would be so much easier to give the user the option to name th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I have downloaded a Canvas video (Asignments) from Vimeo but there is no audio. Did I do something incorrectly?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple of questions I hope to get some clarity on concerning Google and the parent observer accounts. The first question is do parent observer accounts take on the same permissions as the student they are observing? I know we can set the per...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I'm trying to file my quiz questions into four banks based on the marking period they were originally from. This worked fine in my one section of the course, but in the other section I'm missing about 80 questions for some reason. I can open the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have allowed students access to modules in navigation and have saved the changes however when I go back to the home screen it still shows that modules are not available to students and when checking to ensure the changes have saved the modules ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When students want to send a message to teachers or other students they can use the inbox function. The only available recipients are teachers, teaching assistants or students. What we would like is for students to see a list of administrators from w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, we are using the LTI 1.1 with API key to access Canvas APIs listed below:   url:GET|/api/v1/courses/:idurl:GET|/api/v1/courses/:course_id/folders/:idurl:GET|/api/v1/folders/:id/foldersurl:GET|/api/v1/folders/:id/filesurl:GET|/api/v1/users/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How I through the correct download of my MSWord file to the Speedgrader for the writing assignment? I heard that the professor can not make direct edits to my Speedgrader that are very visible and highlighted. My file can not review editing in canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, I tried looking for a solution but the only one I found (clearing cookies) didn't work.  When I try to upload files (video, images) in the "Files" section, I keep getting " Error : Request failed with status code 500" . Do you have an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a Matching type in New Quiz with 5 question/answer pairs. If the student does not answer all the question/answer pairs correctly, there was no score recorded. So, I have to manually assign the score. Can we assign points per correct match a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been introduced into CANVAS LMS when I was still pursuing my college degree in Education. I have finished two online courses there as part of my professional development and utter curiosity about this LMS. After two years of inactivity, I mana...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There's an API call to mark a module item as read if 'must_view' is a requirement. How can I tell if a module has been viewed? When I `get` modules, the object `completion_requirement` only displays type.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone I don't know why the "Next" button is not showing up on the Home page of my new course.  When I click on the same page from the Modules list the "Next" button is there and this page is listed as the Front page of the course.  I know I'm m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Thanks everyone to support my questions, at times when participating and having desires to move alone, obstacles and frustration might build up for not being familiar with the steps, options and ticks to find answers.  What would be good recommendati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was told the reading tool voice can be changed so that it doesn’t sound like a computer. I do not see this option.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had the students take a quiz and when it synced with Infinite Campus it didn't populate one hour/class. It is there for the other 4, but not 5th hour. What did I do wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have students trying to take a Stats exam and students are seeing the Math Processing Error.  Ideas on how to fix this ASAP?      

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies