Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a way to receive a notification when a student responds to faculty in the grade book space?  We are having to always check back into the grade book to see if a student as responded.    Thank you,  Lori 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Apologies for not knowing where else to ask. Our institution is a bit late to the full understanding of how outcomes beyond the course level can help us make informed decisions. I'd like to start with how to replicate the Learning Mastery Grade book ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you are administering an exam using exam software that restricts access to the internet on a student's computer (ex: ExamSoft), is there a way for students to get offline access to their Canvas site to access reading materials, etc.? I know there'...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are a non institution edtech company that does not have institution credentials to generate API dev keys.  How do we activate a testbed to implement the LMS APIs?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a few students who are getting an error that says "Problem with Registration" when they attempt to accept my invitation to my class. Their error also says the following: It looks like you may have already confirmed your registration. Try loggi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I make "Files" visible to students? Thanks.Li

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The new Module assignment interface is super slow.  It takes at least one minute to load to be able to change the assignment dates.  I have many students in the course and it will increase! This is so time consuming and I need a fix or the older inte...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As a Nursing Instructor, how do I upload youtube videos to Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello canvas community!  I am helping an instructor set up their canvas site. The instructor can set my role to be a TA, or an instructional designer, or anything else except instructor. We want to set up grade weights for the assignment groups but f...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students submit for an h5p assignment late (past the due date/time in Canvas) the grades are not posted to the gradebook.  I've checked with h5p and they are saying it is something in Canvas. Other integrations (Harmonize and Hypothesis) do post...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We need a shortcut to open Canvas Equation Builder.  When building a lot of content, it takes 3 clicks and moving your hand away from the keyboard just to open the builder.   When the builder opens, the cursor is not automatically placed inside the w...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The formatting for learning mastery outcomes is all lost when they are included in a rubric. Compare the two images I've attached.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas always indicate if a student has made changes to an assignment, such as a discussion post, prior to the due date?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I spent the morning creating a syllabus for a course. I walked away for an hour, came back and clicked "Update Syllabus," thinking it was the way to save what I'd written, but what I'd written disappeared. Is there any way to restore my syllabus info...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was assigned a AWS Academy Cloud Foundations [86408] course with a username 86408-250.I have completed the course and now not able to get the certificate with my actual name even when the course is completed.Please help me resolve this.     

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create an etextbook in Canvas and use it for my course? If not, in what program can I create an etextbook that I can then import into Canvas? Ideally I want to create 1 etextbook that works across platforms e.g. kIndle, canvas and that can then...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please tell when and where on Canvas I can find the list of students signed up for my course (ST8330) for the Fall 2024 semester. Thank you. -   Dr. Michael Cohen, TLI Instructor for ST8330

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In New Quizzes, there is a section where Marking Notes can be added. How does a teacher know that these notes exist. Is there a notification or icon that shows that there are notes entered?    

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,  I am an administrator and an instructor. I would like to know if a question created in an Item Bank in New Quizzes can be modified to a different type of question? For example, the question was created as an Essay type question, and I would l...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello i have just registered be i cant find any resources to commence my studies, how will i have access to study materials? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you apply a template to all existing classes in a semester?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I'm looking to conduct an interview as part of an assessment for my class. It'll be in the form of an assignment submission. Is there a tool that I can use on Canvas or external app that can conduct interviews where students can record their r...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Cool trick I Can save HTML to my Files area, and I can iframe those into my course with no problem.  This is amazing and opens the doors to a whole new level of interactives natively being hosted in Canvas. Problem:  This cannot be shared to C...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello. I recently took a summer course, and it was my first time using canvas. I now need to download the transcript so I have it saved to use later, and cannot figure out how. I googled it, and cannot find anything that is applicable to the page I s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to export completed rubric scores (numeric and comments) from Canvas to a spreadsheet from all courses that use this rubric so I can compare them.  Does anyone have a tool that we could use for this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructional designer providing support to faculty, and we are running into an issue with the "Assign to" feature in Assignments and Modules. When faculty assign an assignment to a specific section or group of students and then add this same...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I've been teaching with Canvas for about 10 years and the recent changes to the interface are a huge downgrade in functionality. I don't like them, my students are complaining, formatting is routinely getting messed up, and my colleagues are also...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone, is there a way to bulk reorder module items? For context, I am trying to merge 5 modules into 1, is there a quick way to combine all the items from the modules? Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies