cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jordan
Community Member

InstructureCon 2015 Public Postmortem

tl;dr: This is an open discussion where you all can publicly share your qualitative thoughts and feedback about InstructureCon 2015! Please post before reading the comments from others. Then feel free to reply to others!

So InstructureCon 2015 came, took our breath away (thanks Olivia), and now it's over. Fortunately the great sessions, ideas, and connections we made, can live on within our Canvas Community and the InstructureCon 2015 community space!

Please be sure to take that survey that our marketing team sends out, so we can make instcon even better next year. That quantitative feedback is invaluable.

In addition we wanted to have an open discussion where you all can publicly share your qualitative thoughts and feedback about InstructureCon 2015!

Here's some things you might want to talk about: the sessions, the keynotes, the general sessions, the activities, the online schedule, the printed schedule, opportunities to connect, ideas for the community team to improve community interaction and engagement.

Thanks for your help Canvas Community...  We ❤️ you!

Onward and upward!

Please @mention other community friends or use the "Share" tool to encourage others to offer their feedback as well!

talk about a #ff FYI:

@scottdennis ​,  @Renee_Carney ​,  @biray ​,  @shauna_vorkink ​,  @kona ​,  @clong ​, awilliams​,  @mjennings ​,  @travis_thurston ​,  @ewander ​,  @seanmichaelmorr ​,  @jared ​,  @scottdennis ​,  @G_Petruzella ​, Deactivated user​,  @canvas_admin ​,  @mfgu ​,  @tdelillo ​,  @hvaughn ​,  @ted_coopman ​, 229780​,  @sbastian ​,  @kschneider25 ​,  @jmunoz1 ​,  @anthonem ​, st2840​,  @rseilham ​, Deactivated user​,  @jward ​,  @dlyons ​, Deactivated user​, Deactivated user​, JGarton​, 504417​,  @bacherts ​,  @SethBattis ​,  @mlattke ​, Deactivated user​, erinhallmark​,  @sabsmith ​,  @adam_b_nemeroff ​

126 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Nope, that's it!

I wish I could mark this as helpful twice.  Smiley Happy

Ted, I have to agree about the schedule. It seems to me that Instructure has always been color challenged.  Poor contrast on websites, very poor contrast in Canvas only slightly improved with the contrast upgrade awhile back, light yellow text on a white background on one of their websites, and of course that schedule in black.

Suggest Instructure hire two consultants: a design consultant, and an accessibility consultant, then make them work in the same room together!

Love Canvas and Instructure, but there are certain little things that just don't work well. Perhaps it is because they do the bid things so well, that we notice the small stuff.

mworden
Community Member

@kona ​ Great Idea!

Ryan, one of the reasons I love InstructureCon​ is because it's is NOT split into K-12 and Higher Ed. The diversity is amazing and I love networking and learning with the Higher Ed Folks that us K-12 peeps would never otherwise have the privilege of doing so. I hope this doesn't change! There's not many conferences where this opportunity is afforded.

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Chris:

I also appreciate the blend of K12 and HEd. I often find myself sitting in on K12 presentations because the topics are also useful for our college, and at the same time I get them from a K12 perspective which can be very useful. There is a lot of creative stuff happening in K12.