Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I want to run an admin report for my school administrators that will tally up the number of assignments posted per teacher per course each week.  Currently, none of the default options are available to me, and the only answer I can find is to go to e...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recently tried to use the Google Maps LTI plug in to add a map onto my Canvas Page, but experienced an issue as per the image. Does anyone have some ideas about how maps can be embedded?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are in the process of purchasing SafeAssign for plagiarism detection and are interested in learning from other schools that have integrated it into Canvas. If your school has done this, could you share how you implemented the integration? Would yo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to Canvas:I have gone into Commons and selected the format that uses weekly assignments.  The template gives Discussions:  Week 1, Week 2, etc.Assignments:  Week 1, Week 2, etc.And so on....I want it rearranged so that is is organized with all as...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on a Google Slide presentation in Canvas it creates a copy of that slide presentation in my Drive. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and how can you prevent that from happening? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I used Canvas Studio to upload a YouTube video. I then created a quiz that has questions throughout the video. I added the video to a Canvas course module, but then noticed a typo on one of the questions. I deleted the video from my course module, bu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Seeking help. The issue seems to be that the Canvas Syllabus page has something going on where it does not display a full webpage built within it. I also am not smart enough to figure out how to have my page display at say 95%, so that fully displays...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please make text headers visible in Modules during "Next" button navigation. If you believed they were visible, they aren't. If you are a designer and you feel information is important enough to put in a text header, you probably believe your users c...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have uploaded hundreds of SCORM files (Articulate Rise lessons) to my Canvas account. The load time and lag on this page is immense. I am hoping to be able to clear the cache of uploaded lessons, as some are out of date/duplicates. Is there a way t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wonder if anyone knows how to make a specific change to one of Canvas's themes. I like the text size, placement, and relationship of the Bookmark 2 theme. However, as I was making some changes I wondered if there is a setting somewhere that would a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We recorded a session in BigBlueButton, and paused it, but didn't stop before ending and closing the conference. Is it possible to recover the recording?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings, Most of our users are based outside of the US. We are trying to have people set up multi-factor authentication (some of whom are not very tech savvy and I fear the QR process will confuse and frustrate them.) However, I notice when I put i...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The redesign of the discussion page does not allow for a printable page of the instructions and rubric. The only thing that can be printed is what is viewable on-screen due to the embedded scroll bar added last term. IT was not able to help me out an...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm working with a faculty member who teaches several courses in a given semester. He would like to use the Canvas Calendar, specifically the Scheduler feature, for his office hour appointments. We are clear on how to set up the appointments a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student has been locked out of Canvas after too many failed login attempts (we are currently bypassing and are not using a single sign on system). As an admin, how can I reset the login attempts so she can try again?  Note: at the admin level, I re...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am editing a question bank. I loaded material from a textbook, and now I'm changing a few things in the individual questions. This error happened when I tried to change a question's title. Canvas would not allow me to change the title, and th...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where is the settings featured located? I am trying to access a Deleted students report generation from my admin account.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student emailed me:"I am emailing you to discuss my grade. At the beginning of the week, my grade was a 92.89 and when you added my discussion grade this week, which was a 20 out of 20, my grade dropped to a 92.82. I am uncertain as to why the grad...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!I have uploaded outcomes to two different Canvas courses with a CSV file.I then aligned quiz questions in one course with the outcomes, and when I take the quiz using the test student feature, the outcomes appear in the Learning Mastery Gradebo...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am grading a summer course and Modules 2 and 7 don't unlock until prior Modules have been completed. I need to see how many students have unlocked these Modules. The prerequisites Modules aren't all assignments, some just need to be marked as read ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  A member of our Student Experience team is looking to launch an ongoing project whereby a group of students will be recruited to help co-curate materials/activites for other students on the theme of effective study practice. The member of staff ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, We encountered an issue with the embedded Mentimeter live survey. When we embed the iframe with the link https://www.menti.com/XXXXX and save the page, it automatically scrolls down to the embedded Mentimeter when the page is opened. I t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!  Does anyone have experience with how Advise interprets Canvas data, particularly regarding LTI analytics from Canvas/publishers?  We have Advise and Canvas connected and better understand the data such as "Participation" and "Submission" but we'...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@c_russell asked:I was wondering ... Is it possible to have an assignment marked twice and not have the feedback overwritten?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I disable or remove the "design tools" feature from Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,   So, I do realise that each course has a default size limitation of 500MB. But, is there a maximum space limitation? I have some tutors creating videos they want in their courses, and they will definitely run in to space limitations.

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a course in the Canvas learning management system. The course has several types of groups. It has discussion groups. It has team project groups. It has pair concept mapping groups. I set each group up such that it has a unique name. For exa...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a Zoom meeting from the Zoom meetings interface in Canvas.  I want to create a new Zoom meeting  for that course. If I delete the first Zoom meeting, do the cloud recordings associated with that meeting also disappear?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have read all the info and feel more confused and less certain about what to tell my new and old staff members.   To clarify: 1. Classic Quiz is gone as of Fall 2024. 2. Is there a simple video I can give my staff that explains how to migrate t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted a text comment in Speedgrader using the textbox.  but I cannot see it. I have to download it to see it. That is new and inconvenient.  I do not want to download to see the comment. How can I change it back to displaying the posted comment. T...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies