Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How can I enter annotations in student papers in the SpeedGrader but hide the feedback until all of the papers have been reviewed?  

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I know I have seen the feature option to moderate an assignment, but I can't find it in Feature Options. Did it disappear or does something else need to be turned on at the account level?

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When reading longer pages on Canvas, like lesson and assignment pages, the page constantly refreshes itself and jumps back to the top of the page. This is extremely frustrating. It refreshes every 8-10 seconds, which makes it very difficult to read a...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How many of you are using Ellucian's ILP? Do you find it useful? Are you using it to sync grades and SIS data?

• 14 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I need to give #partial credit for multiple choice test item(s) within a quiz issues In Blackboard I can make each response have partial value automatically scored such as a=100%; b=80%; c=70%; & d=60% and no response=0%. In Canvas if the student res...

• 15 Likes
  • 10 Replies

My institution is moving to a zero-cost textbook.  I've set up a course with MyOpenMath and I want to integrate this course with Canvas.  Since my institution has not yet set up a school-wide LTI Key and Secret, I was given a Key and a Secret to set ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a professor that has assigned a graded discussion, however when trying to grade it through Speedgrader the post and replies do not appear.  The only thing that appears on the Speedgrader screen is:He can select "view the full discussion" and s...

• 3 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Hi - I am trying to figure out a way to bulk download annotated submissions from Canvas. What I would like to be able to do is to download all annotated submissions for a particular student across a number of Canvas courses. This is that the student'...

• 11 Likes
  • 12 Replies

We often have students who leave school for a year abroad or a semester domestic exchange. I remove them from their enrolled courses, but I don't want to deleted them from Canvas. Is there an option that keeps them in Canvas, but won't allow them to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Once I create a rubric, is there a way to rearrange the items, or add items into the rubric, not necessarily at the end?

• 8 Likes
  • 28 Replies

How do I create Formula Questions in Quizzes.Next with multiple parts? For example:Given the angle theta = `theta` degrees,a) what is sine thetab) what is cosine thetaI need this functionality DESPERATELY! and have been asking for it for years.Thank ...

• 13 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I made a "quiz" in canvas to use a unit test. I would like to now copy the questions straight into another quiz to make check-in quizzes to use as CFAs of students' progress during the unit. I would also like to be able to move questions that are alr...

• 10 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I'm new to Canvas, and I use Google Forms to collect student info that I like to have as a required assignment with points given in my course. Right now I have my google form embedded in my course, but I also have a requirement set that students must...

• 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are looking for a way for the students to stop doing the what if feature so they do not annoy teachers and tell them that if they get "x" they can do so much better in the class? Anyone else tried disabling this feature either on a global level or...

• 6 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I am creating questions with Fill in Multiple Blanks in a quiz.  I was wondering if there is a way to make the answer box smaller when the students take the test?  Here is the question I created.  The size looks great when I create the question.Here ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

One of our faculty needs a hardcopy of a student's exam results to talk with them about plagiarism.I can see how to print just a quiz (no student interaction) from the Teacher perspective, but how to print the results of a quiz for an individual stud...

• 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

We are running a self-hosted installation of Canvas on Google Cloud (using Bitnami deployment).  We would like to use the Roll Call attendance LTI.  Are there any instructions on how to set up Roll Call in this kind of environment?  On the GitHub pag...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Greetings Canvas Community!My institution is looking to purchase 15 university level courses for online delivery. We'll hire the online course instructor - we're just looking for the syllabus + course materials.How would you tackle this challenge? An...

• 11 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hi there,I currently have so many Badges I collected and can see them on Badgr .Is there a way to show them all on Canvas, not by copying the Share links each of them?Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I make a graded quiz not count towards final grade? You can do this for "assignments" but not for online quizzes?I have 14 total quizzes, each worth about 10 pts each (some are worth bit more than 10), for a total of 146.85 pts. These "quizze...

• 10 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I am using a straight points system in my Gradebook. I have several assignment groups. for one of which I would like to limit the total number of points that can be earned. For example...In this assignment group there might be 10 low point assignment...

• 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

How do I add a background image to the Home Page feature area (the area below the header and above the search bar)?  I've called to it in the CSS code, but how do I upload it to the Canvas server so the code can call it?

• 7 Likes
  • 14 Replies

We had multiple students with this problem. They would start the quiz and see a blank screen with no questions.We logged in as the students on multiple browsers and saw the issue so it's not a browser problem.Canvas said it's due to the instructor or...

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

hi Canvas users. For the last several years, we have been using an online content provider called Blended Schools for our 9th grade health course content.  Recently, we lost access to the content at the same time we discovered that Blended Schools ha...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In other LMS there is a way that the current date and time can be presented on the pages. This can also be configurable, either location or "system" current as default. For example; when the student logs in, they see what the "deadline" time and date...

• 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How do I copy a calendar event into a different calendar?

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I use the rubric feature to mark my assignments in speed grader, is there any way the the comments against each criterion along with the rubric can be downloaded in the feedback comments? 

• 3 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Before I raise the alarm with Canvas, do any of y'all know of/have experience with instructors suddenly not getting notified of a student resubmission? One of our instructors has recently discovered that she no longer gets To-Do list notifications ab...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a shortcut or way to bulk mark missing assignments? Currently, you have to manually mark each student’s assignment missing. This gets very tedious when you have multiple assignments and over a hundred students. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a way to change the point value of questions in a quiz that has already been created? It hasn't been published yet. I know in Blackboard you can use course tools, tests, choose the test, edit test, and you could select ALL and enter new poin...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 Replies