Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,Wondering if anyone else is encountering a "Forbidden 403" error on PDFs when embedded.  Students can pop it out and open it in a new tab just fine, but when embedded on the page, they're receiving this error.  Thoughts?  All sharing permissions h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a canvas account that our school has been using for years. I can't remember who has admin privileges....how do I figure out who has admin rights? there has been so much turn around with instructors, and I don't want to have to open up another...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can’t get too module 1 without because every math equation I put from the calculator seems to be wrong

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The quiz guide does not show what I see in my canvas. I do not have access to anything but a page of stats that is not printable or downloadable, and it is by class only. I cannot get stats on individual students or on the overall performance across ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I recreate a Canvas course site based on a previous year's version of the site, are the contents of Discussion forums erased? I hope that Discussions will transfer without the content. Thanks, Matthew

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello! can't my instructor see the file that I mistakenly submitted in an assignment from undated assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Uploading a PDF to modify and resubmit for an assignment?! How do I modify the PDF form? step by step guide please? Thank you so much.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My campus just switched from Blackboard to Canvas. In Blackboard you could set up a column that would add up points from columns you individually selected to produce a running total that students could use to see how they were performing as they comp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello, I am building a test for my class in Canvas. I have a bunch of MC questions worth 1pt each and one matching question with 8 matches, worth 8 pts. I would like to shuffle the questions, but when I do, the matching question gets degraded to one ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do you have a help desk phone number? Canvas won't load. Can I please just get a phone number for customer service so my child can work on his homework on our home computer? If let's him log in but then freezes - He cannot see his dashboard.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I moved a file to a new folder in my Blueprint course.  The file is part of an assignment.  When I opened the assignment in the Blueprint course, the file comes up fine.  So apparently the assignment is now "pointing" to the file in its new folder.  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all!  Is there a way for an indicator to appear beside a score when in the entire class gradebook?  I know if i click on each individual student's name, I can see it, but it would be so beneficial if I could just scan my entire list of class score...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was invited to amazon technical academy pre-requisite class and provided with username and trying to log in the Canvas account but I don't know how to connect this class by the invitation in the Canvas site. Can you please help me? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need help with setting up quiz. I have a final quiz for my students which has 50 questions and I have allowed them 2 attempts for the quiz. I want to show them the questions that they did not get right, direct them to the content so they can review t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,Is there any function or method in Canvas in which when a student submits an assignment, they receive a verification that it has been correctly submitted?   Something that would serve as way to confirm that the assignment had been successfully ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I had a student who took a quiz (which was to be given in class the following day) at home the night before. The quiz had an access code. When I talked to him, he claimed that there was none. Is it possible that there was a glitch during which the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for any music-software-related LTIs for Canvas (music notation, audio recording, audio editing, etc.). So far I have found the following:FlatListening ExamsMiddyNoteflightSoundCheck (Noteflight add-on)SoundtrapI also found these, which a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor and need to reset a student's exam so she can retake it from the beginning. How do I do that? Thanks. - PK 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my teachers have left their classes up for months after the class is over, is there any way to hide these classes or leave them so that my dashboard isn't cluttered with classes from past quarters?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hope I can describe this problem adequatelyThis semester I have had several occasions when a student's response to a gradable discussion question shows to be missing because of the deadline. However, when I go to Grades, and click on the discussion...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas Changed after I pressed ctrl+f too look for something. The Text is now yellow with a black Highlight. my courser on  canvas is way bigger a lot with the font size and sizes of everything else. i cant figure out anyway to make it back to nor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have several students having the same issue - they go to upload a PDF file, and it says failed - they are uploading a PDF file for a Canvas assignment. Our students use Squid to annotate, save the file as a PDF, and upload the PDF for several assi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My son graduated from middle school two years ago; however, I am still receiving Canvas notifications from his old school. I've been contacting tech support to have our emails removed, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been able to cross-list 2 sections and classes.  But some teachers are trying to cross-list 3 or more sections or classes. Is that possible? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Am having difficulties in taking my quizzes

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In multiple answer question, how do I set up the points for automatic grading (e.g. one point pr correct answer two out of three possible)? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,How do you wrap text around Vimeo embedded video?<div style="padding:177.78% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/754990340?h=7f15f8033f&amp;badge=0&amp;autopause=0&amp;player_id=0&amp;app_id=58479" frameborder="0"...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I am trying to log in to my canvas account, it said access denied. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there  Single Sign On is enabled on our Canvas. So any student with our email can login into Canvas without any username and password.The users that this process creates on Canvas don't get user_id (sis id). Their SIS_ID will be blank on Canvas. W...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Grades input to a class manually will have the instructor's name when you view the Gradebook History as a "Grader".  Items "auto graded" do not. If an Administrator goes into a class "Acting As" the teacher, how does the Gradebook History label this?...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies