Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Silly question, I'm a noob - how do I start a new class/unit? There appears to be no obvious "add" "+" or "start" new class button or command.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm experiencing difficulty accessing my courses on Canvas on my laptop. The webpage seems to be loading forever and all of its contents are blank. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to lock the placement of the course navigation links? We understand that they are movable and the order can be changed around. We also understand that the links can be hidden from the student view. But what if at the admin level, we wa...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a current canvas account & successfully paired my 8th grader.  When I hit add student for my child's sibling, and I had the sibling send me the code from his account, I keep getting an error message of a "failed pairing."  What are we doing wr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an easy way to turn on spell check for a New Canvas Quiz for the students? I had no idea that spell check was not automatic for the student like it is when you create the quiz. I have already created several quizzes to find out that I had to...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am missing two courses from my canvas. Pathology and Medical Microbiology. I did sign the pass/fail contract but now I can’t see or do my assignments. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is there a way to print the student's report just showing the skills with the mastery percentage? We don't want them to see the answer choices they selected.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,1. Make the submitted assignment available for everyoneI would like to give all student access to view other students' submissions so they can learn from each other. Is there any setting that I can set for the students to see what others submi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Pearson MyLab Math HW system with links for each HW embedded in canvas. If I want each HW to open in a new window I need to set this individually for each HW. Is there a way to make this the default?

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Outcomes include levels of performance (meets expectations, exceeds, etc.) but there's not a field to include detailed descriptions of what constitutes performance at each level. So, when I import outcomes into a rubric as criteria, there's no detail...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my classes won't show up. I think my canvas is bugged because it shows the class boxes but they never load.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The purpose of offering second attempts at quizzes is to give students a chance to learn the material more thoroughly. However, I find that a subset of students take the second attempt within a minute and clearly guess at the answer. The behavior is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my 'Grades' Board - my Imported Assignments show an icon that looks like an eye with a line through it- what does this mean? how do I get rid of this? Thank you for your time

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,I have one student in  course that for the past week, has not been able to see her grades. Before that time she was able to see them. The other students in the class are not having the same problem and she has been handing her assignment...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have sent several messages reporting that I am not able to access Canvas on any computer. I can log in but icons or the options to go into my modules or access is not available. I have been issued a ticket but my issue has not been resolved. It has...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have a due date for assignments, and NOT have that assignment appear in the calendar, but STILL have that assignment appear in the To Do list?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I wanted to ask of there is a way to know edit history for people. A lot of teachers had their display name changed and we can't figure out a way to know who did it. I can say it's not always the teacher as sometimes it gets offensive. Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way of closing all discussions in a Canvas Course and then opening them all at a later date?The goal behind this is to minimise cyber bullying and to monitor the discussions. My desire is to open all discussions in the early morning (6am) ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone have a link to the different settings that the 4 different English Languages impact?There is the UK, USA, Australian, and Canadian.I would like to know the difference between these.  As everything (headings etc) are written by users, I'm ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My title says it all.  I have suggested ideas in the past, and I am a "Community Member" (which is actually not listed on the page of possible ranks).  Despite being a member and logged in, when I try to make a suggestion, it says, "You do not have s...

• 1 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I am a music theory professor. I grade homework on my iPad with an Apple Pencil. This is necessary, because we use music notation and not alphanumeric text.Once I exit and return to an assignment which I've already annotated/corrected, my pen marking...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a class where all students appear in the people list. The ones who were crosslisted from a different section than the home course do not appear in the attendance tool. I do not see how to include these students in the combined course. I attach...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetingssince last 2 weeks my team and i are having a issue with the re-grading (giving the points to all students in one question)  not working for all students, and also changing the question title from spanish to english in the ones that does wor...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I share a course with an entire campus without having to add each individual?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am using graded surveys to poll student opinions during class. When developing a graded survey, only 'possible answers' are given and there are no 'correct answers' marked.However, when we view the Survey Statistics, the software assumes the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students prefer all the newer material to be at the top. I understand that I can move things, but when I upload 20 things a day and I have to manually move each one to the top, it becomes very tedious. Can the default entrance into Canvas modules ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have instructions from my professor to click on the "Assignments" tab. All I have isHomeSyllabusModulesGradesAnnouncements  StudioI looked in the modules tab to submit a document for peer review, and there is no link. It just shows a rubric. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, friends-I'm trying to figure out how to item author a question that can have 2 passages attached to it- any ideas?Thanks-JodiLyn

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am trying to grade effectively, I am attempting to use hotkeys. If I want to move to next student (j), I need to click out of the score box to actually move to next student. I think you need to code in a simple, when you click ENTER, it will g...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies