Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I use to be able to look at one class in canvas, now I am not able to do it. Why was this feature removed or how can I get it back?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there another way to create a lecture that I don't know about? It seems like there is no way to create a lecture or similar event that can: * Contain any information * Have a start and end time in the Calendar * Be added to a module in Modules Am...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In past years I was able to hook up my canvas email to my school email. But this semester, they do not connect. In other words, any email that a student sent to me in canvas showed up in my wolzb@byui.edu. Now it does not.  Also a student said she tr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted a midterm exam with a release time and a time limit (four hours). The students were to download a pdf containing the questions, type or handwrite their answers on the document, and submit a pdf or jpeg image of their solutions. They had succ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please provide the html code to float an image to the left, then have some padding to the right with text to the right.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access a detailed access report? I see that someone accessed "Roll Call" 33 times as of 4/27/22. But I need to see exactly what dates/times all 33 occasions were accessed. Is there a way to find this out? We're finding a discrepancy in atten...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 2 students. How do I "pair" for student number 2? I have already set up for my first student. Am I able to add the second?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all,  Is there any way to confirm students' enrollment in a course without doing it individually through emails? I'm a developer who needs to perform testing on hundreds of fake students so that wouldn't be an option. For your reference, I'm using...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm an ID and work as a manager of training and support for a Canvas Partner. A teacher from one of our institutions contacted us in regards to a "too long" error she is receiving while editing content in the RCE. When asked for the HTML for troubles...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we were still using Blackboard here at Tarrant County College, I knew how to insert Rosetta Stone into the course at the beginning of every semester. Now that we've switched to Canvas, I don't have a clue! Thanks, Janet Wilson

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

• We currently use SAML with google to authenticate users into canvas.• We recently setup google (OAuth method) as our new way of authenticating google users into canvas.• Initially, the OAuth would just present an error page after a user logged in w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, is it possible to view all of a student's discussion submissions (their original + their replies to other students) in 1 location?  For instance, could I view a student's original + 2 reply discussion threads in all one place so tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If we assign a zero to a student on a "New Quiz" in Canvas when the instructor goes to release the grades and feedback, will that student be able to see the correct answers on the quiz? We do not want the student to be able to view the feedback. Than...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I mark an assignment as done when I am finished with it?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help me out. This ridiculous emoji button appeared in our assignment comment threads recently, and it's SERIOUSLY getting in the way of typing basic text. getting in the way of typing basic text.   How can I get rid of this? I can't believe th...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2023 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The question is: IS there a way to see long a student spends ON AN INDIVIDUAL PAGE? (For instance, I assigned 1 hour worth of lecture videos posted on one page - I can see that a student accessed that page but I can not find out if they were there lo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone have a script that prevents the overrriding of term dates when the adjust events and dates feature id used? Thanks, Steve Pipitone Harcum College

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I manage due dates when associating a blueprint to a course? The due dates remain the same as the blueprint even though I set a future start date for the course. Note - I'm using blueprints because new quizzes don't copy when I copy a course. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have a class with a teacher (enrolled using their email address) who logs in using their email address and password (no single sign-on configured). I would like 10 students to have access to the class without me ever knowing any of their Pe...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Could I delete "type your answer..." in every blank space, and separate a question mark from the blank space? Thank you.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I check to verify when an assigment was submitted by a student

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I accidentally deleted a survey from my canvas course, which students had already filled out. I tried undeleting it according to this https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Admin-Blog/Undeleting-things-in-Canvas/ba-p/267116 but the item i need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am an instructor and I have created several courses on Canvas for my classes. Can I export those courses on my computer to use them later at another institution that uses Canvas?  Thank you. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I edit a comment in the comment box under Grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student whose name appears as her email address in Canvas. She attempts to edit her display name in her account settings and it appears she can do that successfully, but in the course lists she continues to show up as her email address. This...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dose anyone know if Canvas has a function to allow students in different courses/sections to join the same group? If so, how? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A few of our faculty are hesitant about adopting New Quizzes at this current time (April 2022).  I want to confirm that this feature is no yet present in New Quizzes: Use case:  Professor gives a quiz and wants to delay having students see answers to...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is Canvas available in Mexico? I have an upcoming trip and have courses to complete on Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we please get rid of the hyperlinks to assignments in the To-Do List? My students do not go to and use the modules, they only access the course content from the To-Do List. So they miss out on so much important course content. I don't want every ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies