Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi!I am having a problem with my installation of canvas, the options to insert multimedia within the text editor do not appear, additionally when I try to load files from an internal link I always have the message "Something went wrong. Check your co...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to realise the following setup:Block 1 (50%):- Assignment 1 (5%)- Exam 1 (45%)Block 2 (50%):- Assignment 2 (5%)- Exam 2 (45%)Resit:- Resit exam 1 (take the best between Block 1 average and this resit)- Resit exam 2 (take the best between...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there,I uploaded a HQ video (380MB in size) on Canvas. After processing, the size reduced to 80MB with poor quality. Is there any way that I can upload the original file without processing. Or keep the original quality of the video after processin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi whether in speedgrader or in Quiz, I have to click on each student submission (which are attachments) and manually download each response, very inefficient. Does the NewQuizzes or Quizzes function allow one batch download all attachments (and name...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why has the font for SpeedGrader highlight annotations been changed to a monospaced font? I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I preferred the font before the change. Is there an option to change it back?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there any way in CANVAS to create vertical math equations instead of every equation being created horizontal? I"m a teacher trying to create a quiz/test.Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When the IT department moves our Canvas Sandbox courses to the Official Canvas Courses, there are sometimes glitches. For example, edits we know we made in the Sandbox do not appear in the Official Canvas Course. Is this a common occurrence?  Also, i...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In my gradebook, I currently have my exams, quizzes, and assignments each in their own grading Groups and weighted accordingly. However, I'd like to create another column in the gradebook that averages their exams and quizzes (in addition to the Tota...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see how to reply, but I am not sure how to make a post? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I can export ePubs from Canvas, however, they are not formatted properly for eReader. How can I fix this issue?Please see attached.Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Surprisingly enough, I have just tested the "inactive user" status and I have seen that:1) Though the course in which the user is inactive will not appear in the user's Dashboard, the user will be able to access the course through a direct URL (for e...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I open a module early for one student without opening it for all students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that you can change the nickname of a course on the course card from the dashboard, but when that course is no longer active, the nicknames still show on the "all courses" list. Is there no way to edit nicknames after courses are complete, aft...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course with multiples sections; course and term dates have elapsed, but one section is still active according to dates set for that section.  no problem so far--the students in that section still have access and can submit assignments.The pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We use Clever as our SSO and Rostering for Canvas. Recently, we've run into an issue where if an already established user tries to access Canvas from Clever, it just goes in a loop and keeps returning them to the same screen. If we turn on Just in Ti...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Looking for instructions on how to mass move users between sub accounts.  We also have a lot of users in the root and would like to move them to the appropriate sub account.  Thank you.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an insgtructor and want to give my students access to their published grades.  How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I am retaking a mapping assignment quiz, how do I pull up the Maps?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I've been reading here how to avoid students from copying and pasting Canvas text/content and images. I found this: https://www.codexworld.com/disable-mouse-right-click-cut-copy-paste-using-jquery/But I'm not sure how to use it. I've tried it in ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,On one particular class, when I go in to take the quizzes, they are linked to a different email that my CANVAS email. I am not showing any progress in the class and not earning any "badges" that I am completing modules. When I hit switch accoun...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Classes that are NOT selected in my Canvas Courses are showing up in the list of FAVORITE classes in my INBOX. How can I remove them and just leave the courses that are currently selected in my DASHBOARD. This issue started about a week ago.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, Of all the roles that can be added in Canvas, which one gives the LEAST amount of access to a course? I have to add some people to my course and I want to give them as little access as possible. I don't want them to be able to change anything,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my inservice bankable points? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas combines questions from uploaded Blackboard pools. For example, I just uploaded Blackboard Pool #3 to canvas. When I went to select Pool 3 as the source of questions for exam 3 I noticed that canvas had combined all questions from Pool 2 and P...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I select courses I do not see the bar with quizzes, calendars, assignments, etc., I am only seeing my sandbox and the training icons. Would you please assist me with this issue? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My embedded Google doc will not update when I make changes.  I have triple checked everything - the permissions are set correctly, the 'update automatically' box is checked, I am using the embed code from Google and using the embed tool on Canvas. I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I would like to have links be on top of an image. Of course I can insert an image. I can even wrap text around it.  What I'd like to do is have text in front of an image and have the image be in the back ground.I guess it could be done by having...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is it so hard to import courses. I am so frustrated right now. Just want to import my courses to start my class. Can someone please help. I am so tired of these job aides that do not help. I thought this was going to be user friendly and its not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies