Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I edit HTML in New Quizzes? I need to include medical records in my quizzes, with multiple tabs for the students to click through. I can do this in Classic Quizzes. However, I need to use some of the New Quiz features to create the type of que...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I have someone who is harrasing me in my canvas inbox, is there a way to block them or their messages from reaching me?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use item banks for my exams with nested random selection of questions. In the Item Analysis Report, Difficulty Index and Mean values are correct. RPB appears incorrect because it is always 1- for every item. Performance by quintile graph is also of...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to embed (HTML or Canvas feature) a text entry box for students to submit their writing to? I realize the Assignment page has the ability to select 'text entry', but I am trying to keep students on the same page I've built. Is it possi...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to create a New Canvas quiz and create a question bank on there using selected questions from previously saved banks that will not show up in the saved banks page? For example, if I choose 3 questions to add to a new quiz, is there a w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, One thing I am finding myself doing increasingly in CANVAS. We have multiple courses of the same content being taught by different instructors. However, sometimes a student needs to be moved between these classes after the term has started. O...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to add an LTI 1.1 integration link to the main Canvas navigation menu so that it would be available to all students in the LMS instance?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I import assignments and exams for my courses directly from Cengage like I can currently with Blackboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are to vote on the top 3 projects that they liked. I tried to set this up as a quiz so that they could rank all of the projects, but this wasn't working well. So then I thought I would set it up as a discussion board. Unfortunately, there is...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!We have been integrating succesfully H5P content to Canvas. Integrated content has shown fully and is has been visible on the left side of the page.This week we encountered a problem. When adding new content or editing old one, the H5P screen goes...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was working on a discussion, and when I submitted, it was nothing but a blank. Now it's past the due date and half points deducted... Thanks, Canvas.   Is this a bug or any method I can pull back my reply?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I have created a page (let's call it page 2) with extra information that I will link to from within a page (let's call this one page 1) in a module. There will be a button at the bottom of page 2 linking back to page 1. This page contains a lot o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am setting up a module for my EOC review and I would like to set up Prerequisites within the Module.  For example, I want them to do the first assignment before going to the next and so on.  When I edited the Module, I clicked Add Prerequisites.  I...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm a developer who created an LTI 1.3 app.  For one of the colleges that would like to use the app, we noticed that it didn't appear as an option for install in their Sandbox account but it did in the live version.  However, they thought that fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure if this is something being addressed in New Quizzes (my institution does not have them enabled) but I am running into a serious time-wastage issue in reviewing Assignment submissions that contain multiple documents. Namely, when students are...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are attempting to track and email students based on whether or not they have ever logged into Canvas.  This process is set to reside on our SIS and would like to be able to query Canvas for this data. Is this possible?  Our SIS is Ellucian Banner ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone come up with best settings/tools for creating C4E banner images to avoid blurryness? I've created a banner in Canva with the recommended 5:1 ratio. Everything looks nice and crisp in Canva and in the thumbnail on the course settings screen...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Canvas won’t let me change my display name, I do not go by my dead name and it makes me uncomfortable to see my dead name. It won’t let me click to change the name at all.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On a "File Upload" submission type, when students select "Google Drive LTI 1.3", we are now seeing a message that there is a file size limit of 10 MB. This is problematic for teachers that are using Google Slides as digital notebooks with images and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Anyone knows how to list all sections created on specific term. Especially those automatically created by the SIS and also a special listing of those courses that has more then one section created by an SIS.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

URL  :https://canvas.instructure.com/api/v1/accounts/:accountId/users Request: {'user' : {'name' : 'Sunil Patil','short_name' : 'Sunil','pseudonym' : {'unique_id': 'sunil@gmail.com','password' : "12345678"}}   Response: {     "errors": {         "...

Partner Partner
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Jeremy Perkins' blog entry from 2019 is excellent but on following the guide, including escull's edit to the non-minified script and including the GA4 Measurement ID in line 168, no data is presenting.  googleAnalyticsCode("G-ABC0123ABC") // replace ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am an Account Administrator for the top tier account for a Canvas instance and am unable to access a user profile. When I originally tried searching for the user profile using the SIS ID, email or name there were no results returned. I then thought...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I enable the overall average so my students can see it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi team, Is there the possibility to display the grade on the quizzes page without clicking on each quiz?   The result will display in the red area, it will help students understand the grade for each quiz. Thanks    

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a (old-style) quiz that my students took.  There is a 0pt question on the quiz that is "essay" format.  The grades won't show until I manually score each of these as a 0 instead of a --, which is unfortunate, but whatever. My question is how d...

• 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi all,  I'm integrating Canvas into another system and I'm having trouble with the API calls. Currently, I'm using "url:GET|/api/v1/courses/:course_id/users" to get all the users within a course. However, when I check the user objects returned, emai...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies