Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am a student. The semester started and every class is registered and posted. I can see the assignments in the calendar on the phone but not on the computer. The color of classes is grey and when I change the color of class, it doesn't be applied an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have successfully unconcluded a course, following these instructions - How do I unconclude a course in an account?, but no students, marks or submitted work came back. How do I retrieve this material please? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is the message I receive when clicking on a "new" quiz that was imported from my sandbox. Classic quizzes are still functional. PLEASE help. Most of my content is created on NEW quizzes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I have seen the guide about deleting files, however when I click on a file I do not have the option on the toolbar of a trashbin. I do not have a delete choice in the drop down box on the right either. I am an instructor. How can I delete files p...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, in my Canvas course I added a link to the course navigation using the Redirect Tool. It links to a Google Form and students fill it out when they submit an assignment late. This way I know what grade I need to change. I wanted the form to open...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Canvas course with multiple sections with names in the format of [Course Name][Section Number]. The course name is the same for all sections.When I filter them in Speedgrader to grade a specific section the order they are in is totally rando...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I often copy assignments from one class to another and they end up in the "Imported Assignments" folder which was not a big deal at the beginning of the school year because I always had the assignments from "All Grading Periods" showing. But now I on...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello all,  We are trying to set up Azure AD for authentication in Canvas.  I've been reading that in order for us to use it, since it is a new provider, additional logins need to be created for our students and other users.  I'm trying to test out a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

- The first thing that attracted me about the university was the family like community.  - I am excited to learn and become an Auburn tiger. - I would feel more connected if we were on campus some.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I work in analytics for my institution. I currently have a script that downloads all student analysis reports through the Canvas API, but it throws an exception about every 5GB of data because a download url isn't always provided when requested. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm sure this is posted somewhere and I'm unable to find it, so appreciate your patience in advance. I have surveys developed in google forms and qualtrics that I need to convert to Canvas quizzes using the "grid" question type, where similar questio...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have several tachers experince problems direct sharing new quizzes. They cant see the qustions when exporting. When I do it as admin i does work. Do you have a work around? BW/ Linus Österholm

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there meanwhile any way to download or print a rubric including grades and comments WITHOUT programming skills and workarounds (like taking tons of screenshots etc.)? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I am using an android phone. I cannot attend the conference in BBB because when I am clicking the microphone button it's not working and it is always error. I can enter the conference but I can't use the microphone and I can't hear anything. When I a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who cannot submit annotation assignments. She is using Chrome, and after she annotates and hits submit, she gets an error that says TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'focus'). Then Canvas reloads the essay and delete...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’ve lost password to login https://sso.canvaslms.com/login/canvas My canvas email is k2150616@kingston.ac.uk I pressed the button "I forgot my password" and "Request the password" - but nothing has came to my email (it is written 30 minutes wait, bu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I mass delete the email in box in Canvas? Trying to clean this out is very time consuming and I don't need any of these emails. Thanks, Lynda Elaine University of Nebraska LincolnInstructor and Grad Student.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

If I accidentally click the send individual message to each recipient and i only wanted to send it to one person does it send to everyone?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

dont know how to school work

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are struggling to find a good practice for students who move into the district during the year.  When a new student is entered into our SIS and then auto-enrolled in all of their Canvas courses, the student is assigned all of the work that was pre...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, Hoping you can help.  I have a front page with a bitmoji on it.  Now when I make it the Homepage, it shows for seconds and then the entire page disappears.  Not sure what is going on...any ideas?  The same thing happens when I look at it in t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to convert a standard canvas course to the elementary subject view?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, It would be great if items were sorted by their description when importing them from another course under the Settings tab.  Right now, there does not appear to be any logical order, which can make it difficult to find a particular item.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have the students view their results and on their end (student view) they do NOT see exactly which blank is wrong even AFTER I selected that students view their answers. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not understand this message:  "Importing the same course content more than once will overwrite any existing content in the course."  Here is what I want to do: I imported QUIZ from Course 2021 into Course 2022.  Then I edited it in Course 2022....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I copied a course from last year that had a late penalty of 10% per day down to 60% policy.  This year I chose not to use the policy, so I unchecked it.  This morning, I had a concerned student approach me because he got notified (sometime Sunday nig...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a year long course that has many different units in the course.  There are more than 100 assignments/quizzes in the entire course.   For our student management system we need them all in one course. We know we can limit access to parts of a c...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach seniors to correctly format their cover letters and resumes in Word. I need to be able to SEE the formatting (light up the Hide/Show Formatting icon in Paragraph Menu) in order to grade the assignments. Can this capability be added? thank you...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just set up recurring zoom meetings for my Arch 102 course. But I'm not finding where to invite my two teaching colleagues as alternate hosts.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was doing great in my class, submitting my assignments looking forward to the last day of this semester, and enjoying my holiday with my family. When I checked my grade it was an F. I looked to see what happened and the last 7 assignments that I su...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies