Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I do the password change by canvas settings, the new password only lasts 10 minutes, after that time it goes back to the old password. For security, I need you to keep the new password. Any advice?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a Canvas Admin, I am exploring and testing out the Canvas for Elementary to determine if it would meet our needs. I have a student who has missing work which is prominently displayed on Course/Subject card. Student View   When the Observer of the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have exported my grade sheet to a csv.  Upon opening, I noted that a value that was exported is incorrect in the csv (for a single specific student on a single assignment).  I went back to the Canvas grades section, viewed the assignment and valida...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   How do I enable Turnitin for assignments on Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a multiple choice question and it is behaving as a fill in the blank question. In student view and preview mode, the question displays a text box for me to submit. In edit mode, it displays possible with a correct answer designated.  I subm...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My To-Do List is not chronological. How do I make that happen? And if that is not a supported option, why not?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students have completed an array of assignments already but no matter what I put in, grades for each student show as 0% total in the total grade column. Why is this? When I navigate to my assignments portion of Canvas, some of the "assignment type...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I try to use/watch Learning Mastery.The quiz assignment consists of three different topics (topic1, etc.), each of them is some multiple choice questions.My aim is to see the partial results of topic1 (etc.) per course, per students.Here is what I tr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using Speed Grader with Discussion - In the past, I have been able to see each student's individual responses for a Discussion in Speed Grader. However, now Speed grader only shows a blank pane for a student. I can find their posts in the full discus...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am creating new Outcomes in Canvas and they continue to disappear after creation. This is to be used in the scholar's rubric for an assessment. Please see the attached video. https://youtu.be/OVlRHapVToU

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click in the score box (Grade out of 100) in speed grader, a dropdown list of values appears (10, 60, 100, etc.)  Until yesterday, the six values I used repeatedly populated.  This morning I updated my computer, and the values disappeared.  B...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm noticing that when students & teachers attempt to register the "Google Drive" service in their Canvas account settings...they are receiving a message stating that "this app has not been verified by Google." Does anyone know if this is due to a ch...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

PLEASE - make it easier to just add a website link - perhaps make it like Files or Modules.  Just let me be able to copy and paste without having to create a file and upload it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The moderation page in new quizzes is insufficient. I am aware that I can use speedgrader as well, however, this functionality really should be added to the moderation page. 1) When I moderate quizzes I can filter by attempts in progress, submitted, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi When a user is manually enrolled on a course in Canvas, I know a course invitation is generated.  The user will be sent an email and the invitation is also posted at the top of their Canvas Dashboard.  What I was wanting to clarify is how long doe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unable to view courses

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I’m currently using the iPhone 13 pro max and I’ve got the canvas app on my phone. However, whenever I press the calendar button, the app freezes and my only option is to completely close it. I’ve also tried this on another iPhone 13 pro max and i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have learning resource videos available in Connect that I want to link in my Canvas course, however, as these are for practice and not points, I want to tag them as "Not Graded" in Canvas so they don't muddy up the gradebook. In Connect they are li...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students simply unable to upload word or google documents. As usual I have no idea what the problem is. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have twins at RJR.  I need to be able to observe both kids.  Is there a way Canvas can allow that to happen?   I look forward to your response.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am relatively new to rubrics.  I am trying to create a new rubric for a discussion assignment for the first time. I have decided to copy my discussion assignment into a new sandbox to avoid potential problems with a course which is currently...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have now had three instances, over a couple years, when I extended the due date on an assignment to give students more time to turn in the homework and then automatic peer-review assignment does not occur.  This last time (link included here for In...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a parent of ES student. I accidently changed my son password, thinking that i am changing my own PW. My son is so attached to the pw has been having sine KG. As i try to change back, I found that it does not meet the current pw criteria. Please ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I post students' homework as a Jamboard. Students do their homework on the jamboard and then download it as a pdf and submit it in Canvas. I realize it would be really easy for students to just submit the same pdf, and it would be really hard for me ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every I upload a assignment using my Mac book and good drive it shows up as unavailable to my professors and they can't retrieve it. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Edpuzzle is integrated with my Canvas but when they take a quiz in Edpuzzle it does not sync to Canvas and I have clicked on the three dots in Edpuzzle to "export grades to LMS" I am not sure what else to do. It shows all my students at 0% on Canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, we are looking to see if we can print out an Outcomes report at the institutional level, and I am having trouble locating any specific information. Is information available in Canvas Help Guides and I am just missing it? Thanks, Nancy

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have enabled the Microsoft Immersive Reader and it is pretty cool.  The article doesn't mention that depending on how MIR is set up in your instance, users may have to: Go to their user settings page: https://canvas.asu.edu/profile/settings and en...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a New Quiz. My students have taken the quiz. I need to grade the short answer and fill in the blank questions that the computer didn't grade correctly. However, the quiz is not showing up under my TO DO List. There is NO Speedgrader bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see that I can easily run a report, using the New Analytics, for the students in my classes (those that I teach), however I am able to run a report for students in my study skills course, for their individual courses? In other-words, I have the abi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies