Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I use SIS Import to import a course and it says it was successful. However when I go to look for it I cannot find it anywhere. I have no idea as to what is going on. In the past this worked perfectly but for some strange reason something seems to be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a 4th grade math teacher (instructor), I have attached two different written responses where the student's answer had red box in  the answer. Why would this happen? Is the student copying and pasting their answer from somewhere? If that is the c...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Despite my older email no longer being associated with my Canvas account, I still get notifications to that email. I have added a new one and set it as my default, yet receive nothing to that one. Anybody have a fix for this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone have a good trick for marking a student absent in the gradebook.  For example, I give an assignment and if a student is absent, I want something in the column that shows that the score is missing because the student was absent.  It would ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to have individual assignment grades shaded in the gradebook.  For example, grades in the 80% range might be yellow whereas grades in the 90% range might be green.  I need a way of visually gauging how students are performing.  My gradeb...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am teaching English to Vietnamese-based students.  The course invitation link directs to a Canvas registration, in French.  Apart from post-colonial reasons, why is this happening and how can I change it?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So, like many schools, ours is experiencing a shortage of teachers and subs.  There is a member of my time who is out for an undetermined amount of time, so another member of the team and I were assigned half of her classes each - split down the midd...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying to sign into an account I made to access a course code for a class I'm taking and EVERY time I tried to sign in, I was given a "wrong username/password" error. The sign-in page specifically gives  you a "Email" text box, followed b...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible that students create their own announcements? How can I give them that access?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, our school has recently changed to using one Canvas page for one subject in each year, which means all classes (e.g. A/B/C/D) in the same year group will be using the same Canvas page. Is there a way to receive the students submission notificatio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A lot of forums say cross-site tracking fixes the image problem for Safari, but it hasn't for me. I disabled cross-site tracking last semester and it only allowed Microsoft Stream videos to play. I don't want to have to download every image on Canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In the Canvas Toll Call tool's standard Class List view, is there an ability to see that a student in the list has any badges assigned on that day? It seems the only way to check if a student already has a badge is to click the "more" tab on each stu...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have run .csv update files twice daily for years. In the past, if our SIS indicated a student was to be removed from a section, I used the enrollments .csv file and put "deleted" for status. Ah, but then the student had to be returned to the sectio...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We bought them all! But nobody can use them!   Questions: 1.  For Apps already installed and used successfully in previous courses and years as well as Apps not installed, how do I find the "Consumer Key" and the "Shared Secret" for the Apps that I'v...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have set up prerequisites for students to complete module 1 before module 2, etc.  We have requirements to go in sequential order and but the first item of each module is a file and it is visible to students.  Suggestions on how to make the files ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if you can import a PDF and turn it into a quiz with all the questions separated if that makes sense.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm hoping to find a way to import section based deadlines. I manage a Canvas course with 115 students and 7 sections and around 50 assignments. Each section has custom Available and Due dates for each assignment since their labs meet on different ti...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Im using canvas API trying to create a "File" module item (sometimes called "Dropbox") where student can both download some file to edit, and then upload up there edited file (the file is probably some quiz) So I see that module item has. "File" t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, a student came forward with this problem: "In the Canvas calendar, when I make a calendar entry and later edit it, after saving the entry, it jumps to the previous day. Sounds like a bug - can it be fixed?" I don't get this same problem when I ed...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to enroll new users as student/teacher. from the course setting I have enabled the self registration for students. In the available tutorials I see that there is a checkbox for new users. but in my case I see no such checkboxes. And in so...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had an open ticket for several weeks and have yet to be responded to. I'm not going to rehash the issue here, except to drop the case number, which is 08424292 Please check your helpdesk tickets. -RG

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I make anonymous discussion forums, and I'm not able to edit them after I've saved and published them. When I try to save the edit, the screen dims to a gray, faded screen, the loading circle continues to spin indefinitely, and no matter how long I w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i get a pairing code to open a canvas student account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi as noted here too, two years ago: Solved: Survey results keep indicating 'correct answers ar... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) In graded surveys (eg. for true false), the system automatically assigns "true" as the correct answer and it do...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm curious if anyone else uses the redirect tool to create custom links for course nagivation? And if so are you currently getting an error message when you click on the custom link? I've been using the redirect tool for well over a year now ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We're using Jenzabar for our Student Information System and we have it setup so it sends SIS uploads every hour. We're experiencing that once a trimester, one of the uploads that is sent hourly will be processed as a blank file (typically it's a sect...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I don't have the bar between the search box and the + Folder icon - there's nothing there, so I can't organize my files at all - how to I get those controls?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I'm hoping someone will have an answer to this question because I am unable to find it online.  My students are needing some additional help so I want to do some videos for them using my iPad.  I want to use that because I can write on tha...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to figure out why when my students submit a quiz using the new quizzes, I am not getting a notification under my to-do list that notifies I have submissions to grade. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies