Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm having a problem viewing feedback from my professor who swears it's there. I can see comments and feedbacks on other assignments but on this specific assignment, I cannot find anywhere to click or comments present on my post. I submitted it as a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to give assignment to certain group only. (we have 4 groups, already created) I looked for the information on CANVAS and it says when you set up the assignment there is a option, <Group Assignement> and I can choose specific group. But on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create multiple dropdown quiz questions, I can see individual parts that are incorrect for my students, but they can't. Is there a setting to show them which individual parts they got wrong? Otherwise it makes it very difficult for them to cor...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was excited about the new "Student Annotation" submission option, but a lot of my students lost a lot of work because they submitted the annotation initially and then submitted another document subsequently. Why did Canvas erase their earlier annot...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas should add he/they and she/they pronouns to the profile settings page. While it's great that they have he/him, she/her and they/them, some people (such as myself!) use more than one pronoun interchangeably and these options erase that part of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there I had issue with the timetable. It didn’t get uploaded until the 3rd of September. Therefore, I wasn’t able to assign into a group. Could you please let me know what this challenge is about and how i can get assigned. Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I copy rubrics to other courses? I would like to use same rubrics in my several courses.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello dear professor,   I am interesting what you mean when you say on the Podcast, "while you are reading textbooks, I have only two books, which was required.  (we need to read SF Bay Area, some chapters.)    Do I need other book? or you mean this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like to hand write annotations on student papers.  Unfortunately, when I start to write something (e.g. "-1"), a box appears above the first pen stroke, blocking me from continuing.  This makes the tool unusable to me. Is there a way to move the Ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I'm grading, I like to hand write notes on student papers using a Wacom drawing tablet.  Unfortunately, I can't do that using the free-draw tool, as it does not treat my drawing tablet like a mouse properly.  Is there a way I can use my drawing ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

With the new enhanced LTI Zoom released this summer, they changed how calendars are synced. The LTI is how it displays with an additional API configuration for syncing. This was incredibly fast to set in the test environment. We would like to set thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have two courses in which I use assignment groups, and each course has a large number of groups. Dragging students to groups one-by-one is fairly easy for about the first 7 groups, but then gets progressively more cumbersome for any larger number o...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have very large classes with thousand of students and dozens of sections in a single canvas course.  We separate the students into two cohorts (group 1 and group 2) so that students in group 1 will be doing lab work during on-weeks and group 2 dur...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm wondering if it's possible to permanently link specific questions to a stimulus within an item bank. I know this hasn't always been possible, but the highlighted portion in the screenshot below gave me some hope.     Here's the scenario I'm imag...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm working on a tool for staff to explore how different Outcome scoring mechanisms for the Learning Mastery Gradebook actually work. I'm curious if anyone has a specific example of how the n Times scoring method actually works. In the Outcome editor...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student had his schedule changed and he moved from my 1st period class to my 8th period and none of his work transferred with him.  How do I get his work he completed in 1st period?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are starting a Canvas pilot program and several instructors are looking to migrate material from Blackboard Ultra to Canvas.  When following the instructions provided by Canvas, we often get errors during the import.  Are there special steps to fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In Canvas Announcements, will there ever be a was to prioritize announcements so that the ones that are most important can be "moved" to the top of the list? At this point, the only way to reorganize announcements is to delete and repost. Being able ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is there an ETA when TinyMCE 4.9.x won't be supported anymore? Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have setup chat rooms on collaborate ultra for my students to work in small groups. However they are not able to login as presenter or moderators. Can you please assist?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to view a student and then enroll him and the classes they need to be in rather than having to go to each individual class and adding them that way. I have a few students that when created their schedules didn't c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but before I knew how to link the canvas calendar to my iPhone's calendar, I did the copy and paste into google calendar (my email was linked to my iPhone calendar). But now I have a calendar through Canvas a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, the course PHAR5717 is missing from my canvas dashboard and it is about to start on 06/09/2021. Could you please help me with it? Thank you so much!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is very helpful in classic quizzes. Very disappointing that new quizzes has less functionality than classic.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to find out if changes have been made to an assignment's rubric? I'd like to see a history of changes made to a rubric if possible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have set three assessments (one for each module) so far.  I have set the rubrics all for 5 points total, but when I look at the course summary I can see that one of the assessments has '5 points' tagged, but the other two have '0 points' tagged.  I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to create a quiz where the question groups are ordered not randomized. I cannot find a setting to stop the randomization of questions... We need the students to go through the questions in a liner fashion. Please advise! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have requested my password for days now and it has taken a lot more than the 30 minutes I have yet to get an email from trying days ago.

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to take a quiz on canvas and each question looks to have an image that I am supposed to identify. The image is not opening. It shows a tiny blue square in the center of image square. I need to see the actual images before answering the qu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

would love to learn how to earn badges for courses, I did not have a code at the end of a Mission, so I was unable to fill out the Google sheet.  I did not get a prompt for Badgr, I can go there to create an account, but it is not associated with my ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies