Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to take a quiz on canvas and each question looks to have an image that I am supposed to identify. The image is not opening. It shows a tiny blue square in the center of image square. I need to see the actual images before answering the qu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

would love to learn how to earn badges for courses, I did not have a code at the end of a Mission, so I was unable to fill out the Google sheet.  I did not get a prompt for Badgr, I can go there to create an account, but it is not associated with my ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there! I'm using the Canvas REST API to fetch an Account's active Courses list, but I've noticed that its response's behavior has slightly changed. I've been hitting the /api/v1/accounts/:account_id/courses endpoint (which is documented at https:/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where do I find Classlink on Canvas to access I-Ready?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In assignments, I frequently ask for screenshots to be taken and saved to their google drive. Using the shareable link, the students submit as a website URL.   When using speedgrader to grade these assignements:  Sometimes I get a preview of the site...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am enrolled as a teacher. In error I have enrolled myself as a student as well. I cant find how to undo this?   Ken

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My district has been using Canvas for a few years, but we just started using Mastery Connect this year. We have question banks for basically every math class that are already synced with standards we have input into Canvas. We just gained access to m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our district has newly adopted Canvas and i have the GPB set up for all the courses.   They all worked perfectly the first 2 weeks of school.  However, this week one of my class periods stopped syncing.  All 5 others are still working perfectly.  I s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're currently looking into using the New Analytics Online Attendance tool to track course attendance, and I ran into a discrepancy I can't explain. When looking at attendance for a particular student and course for a given week, the Online Attendan...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, the 3 dots on the top right hand corner of the course cards is suppose to let us change the color of the course card and move it, but when you click on it, it takes you to the class. The menu shows up for 1 second and then automatically opens the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I give out bonus assignments as quizzes.  On Skyward the max score is 0 so any points I put into it are automatically bonus.     Unfortunately when I sync this assignment the max score jumps to the number of points they can get.  Is there a way I can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I hope I am doing rioght if not someone please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the language settings on my Canvas app for IOS?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My two exam times conflict, so I have to open two quiz tabs on canvas at the same time. I don't know if I can open another quiz in one quiz time. I've never tried before. But this question is really important to me.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can move questions from quizzes into question banks so I don't have to re-type them all over again? I've worked intensely on building several quizzes and just learned about question banks. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, everyone,  I have had a few instances where my Blueprint courses are synching module items out of order in the associated courses.  I read some documentation on what to expect and saw this section found here:  If modules or module items are rearr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor in free-for-instructor and I am unable to find the place to edit the name of someone who is a student and has the same email but change their name.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I understand that Canvas can automatically assign peer reviews only to students who have submitted the original assignment, and I understand that I can manually assign peer reviews to students whether they have submitted the original assignment or no...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, everyone! I currently have my agenda doc for my Calculus course embedded in my Canvas homepage. I would love to simply continue to add to this Google doc for the rest of the year and simply update the html in Canvas so that the page for the un...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I started an assignment but then left canvas idle for 10 minutes or so and returned.  After finishing the assignment, I clicked on submit and it made me log back in, which I did, only to find that it completely deleted all my work.  I took a precauti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have tried to add an event to my canvas calendar and always fill out the screen that pops up. When I click the submit button to add the event, nothing occurs and it just stays on that screen as if I didn't submit anything. I have tried switching br...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this...let's say I upload a PDF document for students to annotate using the "Student Annotation" submission type. Do their annotations auto-save? Are they able to edit them after submitting? I am hes...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Card View, users can favorite courses that will appear on their dashboard. If nothing is favorited, up to twenty courses are placed on the dashboard. Which ones?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The ability to subscribe to the calendars seems nice until you turn it on and it pulls in EVERY class calendar. It seems to me it would make way more sense to be able to subscribe by class than by all. I'd love to see this feature implemented as it c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am helping a teacher who is using the new(ish) Student Annotation assignment type in Canvas. We are having an issue where a student will complete their annotations and submit the assignment, but in SpeedGrader, the teacher is unable to see a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone, I have a csv file that is extracted from our SIS (Infinite Campus) that triggers the "malformed csv" error message when trying to import with the SIS Import feature in Canvas. I have used the documentation below to make sure that the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

@canvas Admin's, Can you help us with how you are measuring "active participation" in a course since July' 1st (2021) change from the Department of Education said we can no longer use the last log in date/time stamp to verify students are active in a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I make comments on students' documents, but when they look at their essays, they can't immediately see the inline comments. They have to choose Submission Details and then View Feedback. Isn't there a way to make the inline comments automatically vis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies