Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am using the Perusall App with Canvas.  I would like to test out what students see once I create the assignment in Perusall.  As an instructor, everything works well with the LTI integration.  But in "Student View",  Perusall prints the error messa...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a doctoral study on course design using my free Canvas account. I want the participants to be anonymous. Is there a way I can create fake students within my free account so that the participants are not entering any identifying informat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just made 2 events and they go on for a long time no they aren't happening anymore how do I MASS delete them

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The resident can access the topics in the gyn modules but not  the exams. When he logs in it states that username/password error/not recognized. We tried resetting the password and same thing. We tried searching under our institution but were not fou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - I am doing some planning to restructure our sub-accounts, and I'm wondering if there is a mechanism for moving one sub-account under another sub-account. I'm seeking to minimize the impact of this restructuring and we have faculty who use the...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was able to migrate the classic quizzes for one of my Canvas courses using the "Migrate" option on the more options menu, but I do not see the option for classic quizzes for my other course on the same Dashboard. Any idea why this would be the case...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, all. We are in the process of migrating from Blackboard 9.1 to Canvas. Some members of my ID team are getting the following error when pulling content over from Blackboard: There was an unexpected error, please contact support We have a ticket...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We recently ended an online programme. Some students complained when accessing the platform they cannot go straight to the last page they saw.Does a resume learning button exist? This could help students.  Thanks Matteo

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! How do I go about setting up Assignment groups when I have say.. 2 assignments with each assignment having different sections with different weight distribution.  So..  I have two assignments in my course. A paper and a video. Paper is graded: in...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't have the discussion board button, and no access to the course's discussion board.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am helping someone develop a course using Canvas' Free for Teacher course.  Can I create multiple teachers and multiple sections in the course?  This is a self-paced course.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do we get the ability of a time limit on assignments the way it is with Quizzes? I teach math asynchronously without a set meeting time, and I write quiz/test problems with answers that can fill up a page or two each.  I need to give them a time ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am using LTI 1.3 Created LTI key and added course_navigation and account nav as placement but the link showing in any course nav. only showing in account nav.   Any idea? thanks   Greg

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all!   I am somewhat new to the Canvas APIs and am working to get a little additional information from the grades via the enrollment API. I am aware of the API to get a users final/current grades via (https://{domain}/api/v1/courses/{courseID}/...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I had a timed quiz of two problems, and I had the quiz open on both my phone and laptop since we needed to upload a picture of our answer I found it faster to upload it using my phone directly. I always have the quiz open on my laptop because on my p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student is having an issue trying to connect Canvas to Portfolium to import data (connected apps). When he click it, it redirects him to the institution home page. Upon logging in, he does not get the authorization window. What might the problem be?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have rubrics that I need students to see before they do the assignments, however the rubics tab, though enabled, does not show up in student view.

• 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I setup a quiz that students must take before they can proceed in the course. I went to student view to test. To my surprise, when I navigated to the quiz, page, the instructions show without the questions. I even back dated the available from to yes...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Buenos días disculpe se me presentó un problema, me reincorpore de 2 meses mediante matrículas rezagados incluso hasta ya pague la pensión... pero ahora que entro a la clase el profesor me dice que tengo 5 inasistencias PERO a mi me llego la invitaci...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  We currently have the ability for Canvas Support to help with teacher crosslisting turned off.  Anyone have any feedback on allowing it?  I think we were too cautious at first and would love feedback before we make a change.  Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Dear All, I would like to create a user through API.  I'm referring to the below URL.  https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/users.html#method.users.create Could you please provide a sample Json to create a user or class. Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear, I'm referring to the below URL to create a sub-account. I'm passing all five parameters, which mentioned but still, I'm getting errors while creating sub-account.  :https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/accounts.html#method.sub_accounts.create...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I write on behalf of educators in our College of Education. They have a course space that supports training they provide to state of Maryland educators.  Within the space they link to content that should open in an epub or ibook reader.  They have a ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  I work at a community college transfer center where we all use Canvas. I created a Canvas course for our office in which I have granted others full access to make changes. However, the coordinator recently asked if we can create a general Can...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm preparing a class for the fall semester and want to figure out how to post two sections' worth of files into one of my course shells for next semester. I think that would help for two reasons: First, it would allow me to follow the schedule (of a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using traditional quizzes on Canvas and wanted to ask about question groups. I am creating a quiz that has 1 essay question and some multiple-choice questions. I plan to place the essay question in one question group on its own and have a second...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having trouble finding out how to remove a student from a chat room.  The student dropped the course but the chat room indicates that she is on chat?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use Canvas with two schools. Suddenly, with one school and one browser (Chrome), the display is too large and I think it is viewing in phone mode rather than computer. That particular school's display is fine on other browsers, and the other school...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Al momento de seleccionar la opción de "Los calificadores no pueden ver los nombres de los estudiantes", si uno la deja de seleccionar y vuelve nuevamente a seleccionarla, los estudiantes cambian aleatoriamente?... es decir, si en la primera vez sale...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, We think that the way in which blueprints synchronize with existing courses creates such uncertainty that we have decided to dissociate the course after creation. We create a complex blueprint containing as much static information as possible the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies