Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Canvas no me muestra mis cursos, mi perfil; sólo puedo ver el tablero vacío, la bandeja de entrada vacía, no puedo hacer nada.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am new here! I am an instructor (teacher). I´m designing a course and I am not sure of how many students I can have in one class, and how many classes I can have. Also I would like to know if I can interact this platform on hotmart. My stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I am building a 4 hour exam for an academic and I am a little confused in where I edit the extra time a student receives for having a Learning Support Agreement. I have set the time of the exam here: Some students have been given an extra 25...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Economic Deprivation is a problem that influences many citizens within a society. It is a group of common problems in present-day society and one that many people strive to solve. Social issues are from economic issues; however, some issues (Economic...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,  I really did my research but couldn't find any solution. I am moments away of making manual screenshots.  I'm working with Quizzes 2 in Canvas and I somehow need to export our exams. Is there a proper way?   Kind regards, Eren    

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can type an equation and it renders correctly while I am in RCE  but once I post the equation renders correctly for a fraction of a second and then it breaks. Here are the before and after screen captures. Any idea why this happens? Role: Instruct...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there an internal or external tool I can use to annotate text entry submissions?  Many of my students are not technologically advanced enough to type and submit a Word or Google doc, and therefore only type in the assignment text entry box.  Howev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Companies in Namibia such as Medipark Pharmaceutical Wholesaler (Pty) Ltd, Oshana Pharmacy CC, Fabupharm Pty LTD etc, would like to have a database that gives data about the available drugs, pharmacies, prescriptions writ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my assignments will sync to power school, whereas others will not. They are all for the same quarter with the same settings. I had the same problem in Quarter 2, but it worked fine in Quarter 3.  I can't figure out the problem.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a high school student who has web developing experience and I would like to develop an LTI for my institution. Recently I came across a great resource called Learn LTI Course that is recommended by my school administrator. However, when I check o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am looking at a cohort of 200 students being taught the same course content in five different classes. The content is mainly technical and will be consistent across all of the classes. Each weekly class will have a graded quiz based on the 
content...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students in my class are supposed to take an uploaded word doc quiz. Can I track when they preview/download the word doc quiz?

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am working with a professor at our institution who is running into a limitation with the Matlab Grader LTI integration. The Matlab Grader LTI only supports anonymous integration. Though, this is a nice idea in principle, it presents a significant p...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Someone on our faculty forum mentioned that her students weren't seeing her announcements, and that she could tell because there was no date on "Posted On."  I just checked my announcements, and not only is there no date, each on has a "U" on the lef...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I will appreciate if you can provide suggestions to this problem. I uploaded a Word document on a Canvas page, but for some reason, students cannot see it or download it. I tried it myself from "Student View", and I cannot view it or download ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas Community, Is there a way to use Reports to obtain teacher enrollment per course for a specific term? Thank you, ellen bloomfield

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have created 5 new quizzing using the NEW quiz type. Everyone of them is showing 0's for the results in the gradebook. When I look at the moderate section it shows the correct scores. Anyone encountered this and found a fix. Have looked through histo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a staff member relay to me that a few students who were dropped in their IC class were still showing up in their Canvas course.  The teacher deleted them from the Canvas course, but during the class sync, the students were added back into Canva...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I view participation (basic access) in an all-class, gradebook format? It's tedious to view each student's individual access report, and the Students tab under Settings > Statistics only shows who logged in to their Canvas account, not whether th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to mass assign the "Missing" or "Excused" grade labels? It's easy to mass assign the points using the default grade, but I want the missing assignments actually marked missing so students know they haven't submitted anything.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working on a project involving the unzipping of many .imscc files. The files I've opened so far, I've used 7Zip, which can unzip them, but always reports "corrupt headers." Makes me wonder if some of the data is missing- the courses, when loaded...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My assignments due times are always 11:59 pm. Students often submit their assignments while the clock reads "11:59 pm", but technically 11:59 pm ends at the stroke / beginning of 11:59 pm. Hence, the assignment is marked 11:59 pm, but also LATE. If I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What do I do if submitting a PowerPoint file keeps on failing, even after trying to compress it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have restricted folder + file access by using the option "Only available to students with link". So the whole folder including files are hidden for the student.   I have added one of the restricted files in my content, the student can open thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The information in this canvas guide does not work for me: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Community/How-do-I-log-into-the-Community-with-my-Canvas-account/ta-p/2985#.YIKCCkqx-pM.link Specifically, when I try to log in, the browser always returns ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, everyone,I created an ice-breaker group assignment for all the students. Most of the students can access the assignment except the students I added after the first day of the class.I can add new students to the collaborative list of the ice-break...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed a problem with the Canva API integration with Google Drive: I can't access the Shared Drives that are created in Google Workspace. I've contacted Google Support and they have answered me that their API supports this kind of integration (...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Suppose a course uses weighted grading categories, and a particular category contains a certain number of points--say 50 points--and is worth a certain percentage of the final course grade--say 20%. If extra credit points are added to an assignment w...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So my African American history teacher posted this thing in undated assignments.  It says no due date, when I click on it it says no content meaning I can't do anything. On top of that, it says available til tonight 4/22 11:59 pm- plus there's no sub...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a discussion board that students are posting to but I can't see their responses. I get the notification that they have posted, but when I click on the link to go to the discussion board, the board is blank. Two students have posted and I can't...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies